Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:23:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptokitties, boon or bane to eth?  (Read 686 times)
peach56

Activity: 167
Merit: 59

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:37:10 PM

The more exposure Cryptokitties has to a wider audience the more noticeable it will become to larger investors hence a rise in ETH! I'm extremely excited for this move.

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jgauss

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:40:47 PM

They should have used an own chain!
nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:52:03 PM

CryptoKitties had a big impact on Ethereum Network, no doubt about that. I remember I could not complete single transaction without increase gas price from 4 > 21 > 30 > 40 > 45 Gwei! Kitties developers are fully aware of that because I was one of many users that took flustration to media and leave negative comments on their Facebook Page. It looks like now Ethereum Network is back to normal and working for me like a charm - Etherdela exchange is now fast and reliable with 1 Gwei. 
This is a lesson for all of us that Blochain is not created for games, at least not in that form like CryptoKitties.
ternyabin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:12:48 PM

I was furious with the fact that because of some kind of cats, I have to pay more for the transaction. I believe that this was a planned attack on the ethereum network.
ptolimeus

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:45:10 PM

I was furious with the fact that because of some kind of cats, I have to pay more for the transaction. I believe that this was a planned attack on the ethereum network.
I'm of the same opinion. It was a planned attack on the ethereum in order to shake it high position in the crypto-currency rating.
cryptobobo

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:24:08 PM

We should see the outcome to these so called kitties would affect ethereum's tx speed,if they cant resolve the congestion these kitties are the worst product they have made.

sebastianpenguen

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:52:56 PM

CryptoKitties had a big impact on Ethereum Network, no doubt about that. I remember I could not complete single transaction without increase gas price from 4 > 21 > 30 > 40 > 45 Gwei! Kitties developers are fully aware of that because I was one of many users that took flustration to media and leave negative comments on their Facebook Page. It looks like now Ethereum Network is back to normal and working for me like a charm - Etherdela exchange is now fast and reliable with 1 Gwei. 
This is a lesson for all of us that Blochain is not created for games, at least not in that form like CryptoKitties.

I tried transactions with 120 gwei during that cryptokitties crysis. It was almost impossible to generate transactions on ethereum blockchain. But still there is a little fee problem taking place now. Transactions costs are high honestly.
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:58:48 PM

Is this still a thing?  I thought all the Cryptokitties died.  I hadn't heard about them in weeks, it seems.  Isn't everyone battling tanks, now?
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:02:18 PM

I tried transactions with 120 gwei during that cryptokitties crysis. It was almost impossible to generate transactions on ethereum blockchain. But still there is a little fee problem taking place now. Transactions costs are high honestly.

Once cryptokitties went viral Ethereum network clogged resulting on a lot of complaints from most of us. That's why I didn't do much transactions and just hold on my Ethereum, just lucky though that I didn't sell because for the first time it surpasses 4 digit. So for me its a boon for Ethereum because it helps me not to make any dumping during that time. lol. And it also put Ethereum on the next level. So I say that its a both, boon and bane for Ethereum market.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
mainconcept

Activity: 588
Merit: 422

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:09:03 PM

The huge amount of Cryptokitties transactions raised the transaction fees to unbelievable highs. They showed up the issues in Ethereum, which could be good for their competitors.
fitzzz

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:30:34 PM

cryptokitties give a huge impact in ethereum network. it congest the network and its time to upgrade the ethereum network
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:45:19 PM

The huge amount of Cryptokitties transactions raised the transaction fees to unbelievable highs. They showed up the issues in Ethereum, which could be good for their competitors.
Cryptokitties alreayd gone and remember you must try to check the total txpending in the ethereum network and it shows the total txpending decrease a lot. https://etherscan.io/txsPending
There are some new dapps in the future and not only cryptokitties. ethertank will become the next dapps.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
IfixTchenTchen

Activity: 149

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:55:35 PM

Nooo, the cryptokitties don't help the Ethereum platform AT ALL. What they do, in fact, is to show how inadequate the platform is, if it can be crashed by a stupid game like the cryptokitties. How can you speak about mainstream adoption if a few cryptokitties are already able to take it down?
NerdYale

Activity: 276

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:00:01 AM

Is this still a thing?  I thought all the Cryptokitties died.  I hadn't heard about them in weeks, it seems.  Isn't everyone battling tanks, now?

Just wait for it,  many are still coming from that project.  Cryptofish?  There are really a lot of insane idead thst can emerged from the succes of cryptokittes launch,  like ebtc.  Even though ebtc now is not really high,  but it created multiple same projects.  I bet more crypto pets will still. come

Moana

Activity: 298
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:12:34 AM

Just wait for it,  many are still coming from that project.  Cryptofish?  There are really a lot of insane idead thst can emerged from the succes of cryptokittes launch,  like ebtc.  Even though ebtc now is not really high,  but it created multiple same projects.  I bet more crypto pets will still. come

Yes, I am afraid we are just at the beginning of a new wave of fashionable games which will render Ethereum unusable or very very expensive. God or Satoshi (same stuff, both don't exist) please save us from cryptopets!
cryptoadmire

Activity: 160

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:28:02 AM

It's a bit of both really.

Every great system needs stress testing on a regular basis to see what it's capabilities are and how to improve it, crypto kitties provided this. The only issue is that it does show the weakness of slow transaction times if there is a large volume.

It's only a positive it the team works on making it better.
Rules85

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:38:33 AM

I think we all know the sudden effect of cryptokitties to the network of ethereum when it was launch, creating never before felt congestion and freezing a lot of ERC20 tokens trade. As Ive surfed the net about its impact on eth and the cryptoworld itself, Ive seen different views on how these kitties are seen in everyone's perspective. Some says it's a stupid creation only wrecking havoc on the eth network  enriching only the developers, but some also says it really help eth platform, and even the cryptoworld. So which is it really?
It shows that the combination of the game and blockchain is very high, so the price increases should also be the case when there are more application scenarios in eth.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:56:21 AM

the recent cryptokitties shows recently the main problem of ethereum: scalability.

if vitalik and his team don't do anything, ethereum is going to be like BTC: high fees and big latency.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:16:35 AM

What a stress test for ethereum platform! Regardless of the outcome of cryptokitties deployment, I think ethereum platform is better for it. We now see more quality project like ALGORY.IO creating token for one of the much needed service for cryptocurrency traders. ALGORY.IO is a multi-functional trading tools for cryptocurrency trading. It's ICO is endng on monday and this project is adjudge to be the most valuable project in cryptocurrency!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
Sevarchik

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:39:53 AM

Kitties was good test for scalability of etherium network.
I dont use ether network on hype of kitties and dont have any losses

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: