Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:48:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Etherdelta Gone ?!?!?!  (Read 1896 times)
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:04:19 PM

Recently, the number of such problems with exchanges is only increasing, which raises concerns for own assets. What is the best way for trading?
Greenrace

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:12:35 PM

etherdelta is still there and an alternative for people who want to quickly get its eth but the price given is usually smaller

roastedparsnip

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:20:38 PM

I don't think EtherDelta is gone but they have to do a lot of work to make their exchange safe again. That will start with explaining HOW someone was able to hack their DNS servers. If they try hiding details or try blaming others for their own mistake then I don't think they will fully recover. But if they are honest about what happened and how they will stop it from happening again then I think users will come back because there isn't anywhere else to trade such a high number of ERC20 tokens, especially for newbies.

But it needs to be repeated over and over that all it would have taken to protect yourself from this hack is to be using either MetaMask or the even more secure BLUE chrome extension.

Either of those options would remove the need for users to enter their private keys into EtherDelta, thus protecting them from phishing attacks such as this one.
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:40:49 PM

I tried withdrawing with etherdelta but it says that I don't have the required balance.

I saw the chat and lots of people are experiencing this issue.

Someone knows what's happening ? Are they gone ?

I am also experiencing a problem with etherdelta too as i can not deposit my digital currency into their wallet which requires me to change the gas fee and it's really expensive than the normal one. From 4 gas before, i was able to transact after i change the gas value to 20. Whew!

askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:42:38 PM

It is not Gone.
It was hacked yesterday and now they are restoring services over a new server. You must check their twitter handle for the latest updates.
Last Update was 8 hours before where they are confirming that the services will be restored soon.
bbcolex

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:52:49 PM

Not gone , but not safe to trade there at the moment. Lost their credibility no offence but this kind of breach of security or an exchange being hack is really crucial to their reputation as an exchange  Huh As one of many traders there , I know my opinion does not stand for majority but for me it's hard to trust anymore exchange that suffers this , being compromised for once is enough. Will look for an alternative exchange that has better security and reputation.
roastedparsnip

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:58:28 PM

I tried withdrawing with etherdelta but it says that I don't have the required balance.

I am also experiencing a problem with etherdelta too as i can not deposit my digital currency into their wallet which requires me to change the gas fee and it's really expensive than the normal one. From 4 gas before, i was able to transact after i change the gas value to 20. Whew!

Anyone trying to withdraw from EtherDelta should NOT attempt to log into the site!

If you want to transfer your funds out of EtherDelta then you can find step by step instructions and a lot of support in the Ethereum Blue Telegram group:

https://t.co/RoxhCbc3ku

Ethereum Blue admins are well ahead of the game when it comes to crypto security and they are happy to help every single person who has been affected by this EtherDelta hack. They have also released a chrome extension called BLUE which offers more security and more features than MetaMask.

Regardless of whether you choose to use their product, you can join their Telegram group and get answers to any questions you have regarding how to get your funds out of EtherDelta without logging into the site.
Baronggot

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:59:31 PM

I don't think etherdelta has gone already. Maybe it's just because of the new gas price set by the admin in order to make a transaction successful. I have read an article with regards to ED's problem and i learned from them that it is hard to make a transaction of ED because you need to have high gas price when transacting now.

drunkbillmurray

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:01:06 AM

Anyone trying to withdraw from EtherDelta should NOT attempt to log into the site!

If you want to transfer your funds out of EtherDelta then you can find step by step instructions and a lot of support in the Ethereum Blue Telegram group:

Ethereum Blue admins are well ahead of the game when it comes to crypto security and they are happy to help every single person who has been affected by this EtherDelta hack. They have also released a chrome extension called BLUE which offers more security and more features than MetaMask.

Regardless of whether you choose to use their product, you can join their Telegram group and get answers to any questions you have regarding how to get your funds out of EtherDelta without logging into the site.

How do I know I won't be hacked by the member in that group ' There is no oficial info about that.
QueenOfCrypto

Activity: 564
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:07:57 AM

Now the information has spread that Etherdelta has been hacked. Perhaps this is the reason of your difficulties.
svobodnyi

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:14:19 AM

In the telegram in the channels write that the exchange was hacked and who was entering at that moment on the exchange when exchanging sent private keys to scammers! Now, like, everything has calmed down, but it is better to avoid treydga on this exchange, just in case!

roastedparsnip

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:14:45 AM

How do I know I won't be hacked by the member in that group ' There is no oficial info about that.

Because they don't ask for your private key or any other info. They offer a step-by-step guide for you to use by yourself. And if you get stuck at any point you can come there and ask questions to the admins or the many members who have already got their funds out of EtherDelta.

It's a very active community with a very promising product (BLUE chrome extension) and the whole point of their products and existence is to STOP people from being hacked and scammed. 99% of people haven't heard of them yet but this whole EtherDelta hack has led to the BLUE team making a big effort to help people affected by this hack.

You have nothing to lose by going to the Telegram group, having a look around and asking some questions.

minbosen

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:18:21 AM

I was informed that the etherdelta was hacked yesterday and not to use the website yesterday. I think it was just a website hack, our funds is safe.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████