Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:49:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stealth dark pool orders on Mt. Gox, Bitstamp, and BTC-E  (Read 1991 times)
brunner (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:36:21 PM

Folks,

The trading platform that TruCoin is launching today allows users to place stealth dark pool orders on all of the major exchanges.  The stealth orders are hidden from the public until the order executes.  So, they don't show up in any of the public market depth tables or charts.

I can discretely place large orders now without affecting the market!

Thoughts?
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:21:07 PM

any automated trading system capable of the same thing.
brunner (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:32:34 PM

any automated trading system capable of the same thing.

Do you mean homebrew software?  I wasn't aware of anything available to the general public that was capable of this.
mccoyspace

Activity: 237
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 06:36:59 PM

fyi
campbx has dark pool orders on their exchange. bitfinex has dark pool orders on their exchange and on bitstamp, but only for large (500+ coins) orders.

brunner (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:42:33 PM

fyi
campbx has dark pool orders on their exchange. bitfinex has dark pool orders on their exchange and on bitstamp, but only for large (500+ coins) orders.

Yes, but this allows you to place dark pool orders on Mt. Gox, Bitstamp, and BTC-E, and any other exchanges they add support for, regardless of whether or not the underlying exchanges natively support that functionality.  This is also for orders of any size, not just for large orders.
mccoyspace

Activity: 237
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 07:03:17 PM

i got that.
one exchange already does it (campbx)
one meta exchange does it for large orders on bitstamp (bitfinex)
a new meta exchange looks like it will allow it on 3 exchanges (trucoin).
sounds good.
we'll see how it goes for them.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 07:44:52 PM

i got that.
one exchange already does it (campbx)
one meta exchange does it for large orders on bitstamp (bitfinex)
a new meta exchange looks like it will allow it on 3 exchanges (trucoin).
sounds good.
we'll see how it goes for them.

I don't think truecoin is similiar to bitfinex though, you would be using API keys to control your 3 individual trading accounts.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
qxzn

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 09:21:22 PM

Folks,

The trading platform that TruCoin is launching today allows users to place stealth dark pool orders on all of the major exchanges.  The stealth orders are hidden from the public until the order executes.  So, they don't show up in any of the public market depth tables or charts.

Thoughts?

How does Trucoin place an order on the mtgox book without it appearing in the public depth table?
Moneymaker1990

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 09:23:36 PM

Folks,

Thoughts?

How does Trucoin place an order on the mtgox book without it appearing in the public depth table?

Trade secret Obv
zeroblock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 09:37:34 PM

Folks,

Thoughts?

Trade secret Obv

It will just be listed on their platform order book.  Won't show up in Gox's order book.   
qxzn

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 10:37:19 PM

Folks,

Thoughts?

Trade secret Obv

I should have been snarkier. I think this is a pixie dust idea. Unless the order is actually sitting there on mtgox's book, the only way I can think to implement this is to wait until the book crosses the "dark" order, and then send a real order to mtgox.

The problem with this approach is that you aren't guaranteed to get a fill if a trade happens through your price, the way you are if your order is actually on gox.

There's no way I would use this feature unless Trucoin explains a bit more about what's going on.
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 10:39:02 PM

Unless the order is actually sitting there on mtgox's book, the only way I can think to implement this is to wait until the book crosses the "dark" order, and then send a real order to mtgox.

First thing that came into my mind, too. I'm still wondering...

So it's a "if price is x, place order" bot, correct?

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:43:55 PM

Folks,

Thoughts?

Are these stealth dark pools darker than normal nonstealth dark pools? Have you seen here?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: