Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:30:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt coins that are still profitable to mine with a GPU  (Read 464 times)
slickskin (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:38:35 PM

Yeah, so I was asking yesterday for information about mining LiteCoin with a graphics card but then was pretty much told I'm too late to mine with that and I would need a very expensive ASIC.

Are there coins where I can still do well with just a graphics card? I haven't even bought the graphics card yet so I could choose one that is well suited for mining. I'm new to this and not that tech savvy so I would have a lot of questions and have to do more research.
drunkenone

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:46:30 PM

Yes, but if you are doing it for profit, its not really worth it, much better to just spend the $ on coins themselves.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:24:56 AM

Yes, but if you are doing it for profit, its not really worth it, much better to just spend the $ on coins themselves.

Oh really, I guess you don't do GPU mining as you have no idea how profitable it is right now.

Yeah, so I was asking yesterday for information about mining LiteCoin with a graphics card but then was pretty much told I'm too late to mine with that and I would need a very expensive ASIC.

Are there coins where I can still do well with just a graphics card? I haven't even bought the graphics card yet so I could choose one that is well suited for mining. I'm new to this and not that tech savvy so I would have a lot of questions and have to do more research.

which of type of GPU your are planning to build.

here are some online calculators for reference to point which coin is profitable per GPU

whattomine.com

https://www.crypto-coinz.net/crypto-calculator/
slickskin (OP)

Merit: 5

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:32:45 PM

If I can make 50 cents to a dollar worth of coins per day while mining with a gpu that would feel really cool. I guess it is more for the hobby of it and the joy of generating coins rather than buying them. And I'm going to be buying new hardware with a video card anyway since I play video games where I need a card.
Jaerin

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:46:12 PM

Well personally I have 7 - Nvidia 1080's and 1 - Nvidia 1080Ti.  Using Multipoolminer on ahashpool.com I pull in about $8-10 per 1080 and about $12-14 on my 1080Ti.

Power usage I pay .13/kWh and end up paying about $160/month for the power to run them 24/7.  So net I'm bringing in about $1900/mo right now.
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:50:37 PM

Mining of Altcoin is not so profitable for the present situation but if you hold this mined coin for a longer period of time say, atleast 3 years then harvest good profit and huge.
VegasJeff

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:19:22 PM

Well personally I have 7 - Nvidia 1080's and 1 - Nvidia 1080Ti.  Using Multipoolminer on ahashpool.com I pull in about $8-10 per 1080 and about $12-14 on my 1080Ti.

Power usage I pay .13/kWh and end up paying about $160/month for the power to run them 24/7.  So net I'm bringing in about $1900/mo right now.

This is good info. I'm looking at building a GPU mining rig myself. If I can get power for 4.5c/kWh. How much more do you think I could make?
Omg9500

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:19:33 PM

Mining of Altcoin is not so profitable for the present situation but if you hold this mined coin for a longer period of time say, atleast 3 years then harvest good profit and huge.

Why not? I am mining altcoins with a rig of 10 GPUs and on average I make 20$ per day meaning 600 per month. Rig cost me about 4000$ and in reality I am making more money. for example before the nicehash hack I received a payout of 148$ which in a matter of days turned into 230$. hence I think mining altcoins is still profitable until the burst of the bubble... whenever that may be....
East113

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:33:18 PM

What are you mining to bring in that much per card? I'm running 3 1070Ti's and should be netting about 10 a day for all 3. I'm running on SMOS mining ZEN on suprnova at the moment. My Sol's are about 510 per card on equihash.
cpmcgrat

Activity: 223
Merit: 21

DCAB

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:36:07 PM

Lollll, currently my Vega 64 GPUs are on track to ROI in 22 days (total) using Cast XMR. Then $$$ from there. Extrapolating out (assuming current advantage over similar hardware and current prices), I'll be up 100% after 44 days, 200% after 66, etc...

Member, Dero Community Advisory Board (DCAB)
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 11:48:27 PM

Well first of all not all of the miners are in just for the profit. A lot of us like the fact that it's a kind of a challenge. Somethinig you won't understand unless you're into tech stuff.

But if we talk about profitability, you must've been living under a rock for no less than a month. Right now, gpu mining is totally profitable. You've got a few coins to choose from and they all are with amazing returns. Ethereum was knocked out of the way as a go-to mining coin but it resettled itself again on the top of the list (well not the highest in profits but still high enough) again as the price sky rocketed.

If you took the effort to just take a look at what people are mining these days, you'll find that a lot of them are mining a new coin called electroneum. It's a great coin with a lot of potential in the future. Don't look at the current price as it just got dumped as the ICO coins have just been released today. I'm talking about the future. I expect this coin to hit $1 in no more than 4 months. It's already the most profitable coin to mine but the wise will not sell your coins now and will keep them for the best time to sell.

Generally, gpu mining is always profitable. That's something I learned. If you're not happy with the amount of USD you made that month, simply don't sell the coins. Unfortunately I learnt this the hard way. I was mining zcash and continuously sold the mined coins. I didn't really make that much. Just look at zcash's price today. That's why crypto generally is all about HODL HODL HODL.
Gringoblin67

Activity: 104

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:44:04 AM

Does it still make sense to mine just using a desktop computer?, I mean without using any miner or GPU enhancement?.
dave4925

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:47:18 AM

Try the website whattomine.com and enter in your video card info

1BTcdaveJEX8SrLb62YSLY7r3W9P8XQYBN
Jaerin

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:48:36 AM

Take a look at my wallet on ahashpool.com and you can see what I'm bringing in and what algorithms it mines.

https://www.ahashpool.com/wallet.php?wallet=1Q3HQdXLuiTpmgZo9Mt24Bomee8HyiWRsv

It's pretty all over the place.

You can get multipoolminer here:
https://github.com/aaronsace/MultiPoolMiner

Note that the current release version doesn't have ahashpool.com, but the current build does.  I've been using it for a long time so I was able to implement it pretty easily since it is the exact same miningpool as Zpool.  Note that ahashpool.com has the bug fixed that was likely causing Zpool not to payout the full amount that was expected.
DefconMilk

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:48:52 AM

My 980TI was making 4$ per day with etn, although the price dropped today because of the ico release, doesn't matter. 4$ a day is exceptional.
Gringoblin67

Activity: 104

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:01:48 AM

What would be the preferred budget for having a miner. And what is the possible income?
Collosus999

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:37:12 AM

Ok awesome, am looking into creating a mining rig also, will probably go the root of antminers or something dedicated though.
Good to know its still possible to mine with gpus.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:54:09 AM

What would be the preferred budget for having a miner. And what is the possible income?

You will really have to research this yourself.  You need to decide what you want to mine, the really decide on cards.   And then how many cards and if more then one rig.  Just like possible income it's hard to say knowing 0 on machine specs we havent even talked about electricity price.  And even if we knew there is a reason this forum is speculation Smiley we try to get good and educated guesses but no one can tell you exact ROI or how much ROI.

You really need to have the budget before jumping into it.  Only you know what you have in mind for this.   
PranDoW

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:55:33 AM

Yes, they make a profit. Not so much as an ASICs, but still ok. In general, now I recommend to buy ASIC instead of GPU
Moondoggie

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:02:59 AM

Yes, they make a profit. Not so much as an ASICs, but still ok. In general, now I recommend to buy ASIC instead of GPU

Vega probably the best right now in terms of profit/cost.
1080ti is fun to use and you don't need many for some big hashes.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: