Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:45:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dev Faucet - [OFFICIAL]  (Read 1811 times)
devthedev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:57:35 PM

We have just launched the new Dev Faucet!

You can earn up to 8000 Satoshi per day and can request a reward every 3 hours.

Here's the link to get started! - http://devfaucet.com

We've just added two features: Security Tokens and Just-Dice cashouts! Security Tokens are special codes that users get by email that allow them to cashout to Just-Dice.com. This was added as a security precaution to prevent people from draining other people's DevFaucet accounts into their own Just-Dice account.

You can also now withdraw from DevFaucet directly to Peerbet! All you need is a Security Token and a Peerbet username to receive your DevFaucet balance directly to your Peerbet account!

You have the ability to cash out with a direct Inputs.io, Just-dice.com or Peerbets account.

If anyone's interested in advertising with us please reply to this thread, we've gotten to a point where we're getting about 800 unique users per day!

So what are you waiting for? Come check us out at http://devfaucet.com  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
peapodamus

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:04:02 PM

Vouch for DevFaucet - I co-develop it Cheesy

I think it should be said that this faucet started as a MyFaucet faucet, and while a lot has been added to it, some credit should still go to TradeFortress(about 25% should go to him - which is why the style on his footer is text-size: 25%;  Grin Grin Grin )

whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:10:44 PM

Vouch for this faucet - it's a good one, I know the developers and they are good people.

Cheesy

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
devthedev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:04:49 PM

We have just added a log out button to the Dev Faucet. It is located on the top left of the page.

Injust
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:13:28 PM

I say the Dev Faucet has more features than probably all of the other faucets based on TF's MyFaucet code. I like the Peerbet and Just-Dice withdraw features and the security token concept.
However, a few kinks could be worked out. It's rather annoying to have to get a security token every time you want to withdraw to Peerbet/Just-Dice.

And I'm also curious: what's with the small text at the bottom of the page that says "Want to start up your own faucet? Click Here for more info!"? XD

EDIT: NVM about the small text XD Just read the post a few posts above.

I think it should be said that this faucet started as a MyFaucet faucet, and while a lot has been added to it, some credit should still go to TradeFortress(about 25% should go to him - which is why the style on his footer is text-size: 25%;  Grin Grin Grin )

peapodamus

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:59:20 PM

I say the Dev Faucet has more features than probably all of the other faucets based on TF's MyFaucet code. I like the Peerbet and Just-Dice withdraw features and the security token concept.
However, a few kinks could be worked out. It's rather annoying to have to get a security token every time you want to withdraw to Peerbet/Just-Dice.

And I'm also curious: what's with the small text at the bottom of the page that says "Want to start up your own faucet? Click Here for more info!"? XD

I think it should be said that this faucet started as a MyFaucet faucet, and while a lot has been added to it, some credit should still go to TradeFortress(about 25% should go to him - which is why the style on his footer is text-size: 25%;  Grin Grin Grin )

Thanks for your feedback relating to the Security Token code. You do not need to request a new security token each time you withdraw, as the tokens are generated with the following code:
Code:
$token = hash_hmac("sha256",$email,$encryption_key);
where $encryption_key is a private constant. I do have plans to use a cookie to store the security token on a user's computer, therefore eliminating the need to go dig it up every single time  Grin
Injust
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:41:26 PM

I think it should be said that this faucet started as a MyFaucet faucet, and while a lot has been added to it, some credit should still go to TradeFortress(about 25% should go to him - which is why the style on his footer is text-size: 25%;  Grin Grin Grin )

Thanks for your feedback relating to the Security Token code. You do not need to request a new security token each time you withdraw, as the tokens are generated with the following code:
Code:
where $encryption_key is a private constant. I do have plans to use a cookie to store the security token on a user's computer, therefore eliminating the need to go dig it up every single time  Grin

Ah, okay. Makes things much simpler with a cookie, I would think.
Also, I would imagine that the "Logout" button placement could be better, as it took me quite a while to find it, even though it's obvious where it is after I found it XD I think you might want to move it to the right side of the "Your email is: blah" text, where it would be more easily seen.
peapodamus

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:53:23 PM

Code:
where $encryption_key is a private constant. I do have plans to use a cookie to store the security token on a user's computer, therefore eliminating the need to go dig it up every single time  Grin

Also, I would imagine that the "Logout" button placement could be better, as it took me quite a while to find it, even though it's obvious where it is after I found it XD I think you might want to move it to the right side of the "Your email is: blah" text, where it would be more easily seen.
I will move the logout button later today/tonight, I just threw that in there in literally five minutes Tongue
Injust
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:57:17 PM

Code:
where $encryption_key is a private constant. I do have plans to use a cookie to store the security token on a user's computer, therefore eliminating the need to go dig it up every single time  Grin

I will move the logout button later today/tonight, I just threw that in there in literally five minutes Tongue

Oh, lolk XD
JamesSandwitch

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:11:24 AM

Site looks good. HOping I can get enough for a cashout tomorrow Smiley
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2948

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 04:22:04 AM

Nice site. You guys done a good job Smiley.

JamesSandwitch

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 12:16:53 AM

Site looks good. HOping I can get enough for a cashout tomorrow Smiley

got my cashout today. thnks giuys
devthedev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 03:30:34 PM

We now have 15k members! Thanks for making this possible!

Want to bid on some adspace? Head over to http://devfaucet.com for more info!

whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:54:53 AM

Yeay, devfaucet!
Great site, must vouch for. Always pays out, and is probably the best MyFaucet out there.

PS: They should be adding withdrawals to WhiskChat (link in sig) soon... Wink

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
devthedev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:05:59 AM

Oh man, I have the urge to revive this project.

syahrere

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:31:52 PM

is it still active or not? Huh

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 08:08:06 PM

is it still active or not? Huh
This shut down with the inputs.io hack, which I believe was about a year ago.

Also, if you want to revive it dev, I'd be fully supportive! This faucet was bad ass a while ago! Cheesy
karlb187

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 08:12:10 PM

Bring it back and I will promote it.  Wink

Bitcoin Faucet List Maker      Makes Your Bitcoin Commissions Explode!   (100% FREE)
   Paid to Post Bitcoin Forum      Earn Up To 3,000 Satoshi Per Post!  
 ▥ SKYPE: karl.moneyinpjs ▥ ▦ TWITTER: @karlmoneyinpjs
mlferro

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:47:11 PM

Bring it back and I will promote it.  Wink
great !!
waiting for reactivation

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: