Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:26:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp Verification Time  (Read 638 times)
AyCalvin (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:25:14 AM

I just submitted my verification documents for bitstamp. It says it can take over 24 hours, has anyone submitted it and know how long it took? Just a quick question. Deleting later

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alster

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:02:32 PM

Well, i submitted my files about 63 hours ago (sunday) and still pendig. Contacted support yesterday and also still noch reply.

Guess we have to wait : /
cryptoclause

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:16:08 AM

Same situation here, submitted on Monday and still no word. I even tried calling their support line - no answer - and emailing them multiple time - no answer. Have been reading a lot of concerning posts lately regarding Bitstamp locking customer out, delaying wire transfers up to a week, etc.
not_robot

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:48:32 AM

Same here, three days and counting
celebroom

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:49:19 PM

9 days here  Sad

While I understand their "high volume" reasons, it doesnt bode well for when they do have a major support issue to deal with.  Lack of customer focus seems to be a recurring challenge in the world of crypto exchanges.    
MatrixMining

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:51:32 PM

Some of my friends are waiting for about 2 weeks already. Too many people are trying to get in and they don't have the capacity to process so many requests, nor can hire more people so quickly.
not_robot

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:45:16 AM

Any news anyone? It's already 10 days for me.
celebroom

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:07:04 AM

Good luck.  16 days and counting.  No response, no feedback, no dice rolling for me.  Fortunately I have other alternatives and Ive almost given up hope.  They've acknowledged that its due to a marked increase in signups.  Im still hopeful though, which is why I havent written them off entirely.
jschnur

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:22:54 AM

Hi, I'm waiting for 3 weeks now.
MatrixMining

Activity: 169

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:05:21 AM

Actually you are lucky that Bitstamp still allows to register and apply for verification, even if it takes a lot of time for them to process.
Many other exchanges temporarily disabled registrations completely, because they can't process so many new registrations. At least that's what they say, I've read that it might be also caused by some new regulations they have to comply with (such as KYC).
Harzza

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:53:30 PM

The waiting time is very long indeed. I registered 13.12.2017 and my account got verified 29.12.2017 (16 days).

I did this in the early/mid stages of the december cryptorush (ripple was 0.25$ back then and people were making bitstamp accounts to get ripple) so I can imagine it being even longer the later you made your account.

Kloug

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:49:59 PM

Bitstamp just doesn't know how to prioritize their support.

They apparently have tens of thousands of tickets to process, I'm sure most are about little problems or little amounts.
Meanwhile they just made me miss, for the second time, selling my XRP's at their ATH. Because they're holding mine hostage for like 2 weeks now.
Some apparently have big amounts that they can't deposit or withdraw..

I've litterally paid that exchange 1000 to 2000 per month, in fees. And it's already taking 2 weeks for support after I fell in one of their trap Sad
I'm watching XRP slowly go down, wanting to tell it "hey wait a little, I wanna sell mine. Don't go, don't go! Those assholes at Bitstamp are keeping your little brothers hostage, when they will free them, they will join you back. Don't goooooooo!"

I just don't know where to go now.
-I started with Kraken, but it's the most horrible exchange out there (I mean, I doubt there is worse)
-Bitfinex & Bittrex are asian, have leverage & tethers, 3 good reasons to avoid keeping large amounts on them
-most others are asian
-I can't register GDAX because no passport & no driving license

I won't miss Bitstamp that much for trading because well.. only 5 coins there, and very high fees. But I thought that was the last safe place where to keep fiat.

Skunker

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:16:46 PM

Hey
Do anyone know if i can send btc from bitstamp to binance and coinexchange. And if how much is fee? Tnx
win07

Activity: 146

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:58:37 PM

i am also waiting. uploaded docs on 12 dec.

MAGsecurities

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 08:36:09 PM

Figured I'd ask here on this forum, instead of submitting an official support ticket with Bitstamp (which will further increase the backlogs of tickets, which will further increase the current verification times).  Has anyone whos previously posted on this thread made any real progress??  Man, an official status update from Bitstamp would be so freaking awesome...but even that seems to be too much to ask for.

I'm not a fan of how misleading Bitstamp's website is.  According to them, it clearly states that increased verification requests are "causing backlogs of up to 2 weeks before they are processed".  Well it's obvious that processesing times are taking much longer than two weeks, so then why mislead the public?  I'd rather them give a realistic estimate.  If it's going to take f***ing 16 weeks to verify my account, then just tell me that from the get go.

Angry
Lock00Live

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:13:57 PM

Hey
Do anyone know if i can send btc from bitstamp to binance and coinexchange. And if how much is fee? Tnx
Currently I have heard that bitcoin has not been transferred from Bitstamp. As reported by the Bitstamp manager, the transaction will be made in the near future. If you feel you really need a deal, you can contact Bitstamp Customer Support directly to get the most accurate answer.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
win07

Activity: 146

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:20:10 PM

Figured I'd ask here on this forum, instead of submitting an official support ticket with Bitstamp (which will further increase the backlogs of tickets, which will further increase the current verification times).  Has anyone whos previously posted on this thread made any real progress??  Man, an official status update from Bitstamp would be so freaking awesome...but even that seems to be too much to ask for.

I'm not a fan of how misleading Bitstamp's website is.  According to them, it clearly states that increased verification requests are "causing backlogs of up to 2 weeks before they are processed".  Well it's obvious that processesing times are taking much longer than two weeks, so then why mislead the public?  I'd rather them give a realistic estimate.  If it's going to take f***ing 16 weeks to verify my account, then just tell me that from the get go.

Angry
Currently the waiting time is 3-4 weeks.

JCB44

Activity: 462
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:06:42 PM

Look like they are extremely busy at the moment.
Too many new people join crypto world and even top3 exchanges like binance and bittrex having difficulties with customer support.

P.S. My verification took around 20hrs but it was done in July though
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:49:26 AM

Hey all.  You need to get verified in order to withdraw money to your bank account right?

Are there any Americans that withdraw to their American bank account with bitstamp and can comment on this?
mirko123

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:13:01 PM

I am waiting 1 month now...  Shocked
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: