Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:33:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Only one new coin announced to day....  (Read 948 times)
DogtownHero (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:12:15 AM

What is the world coming to?

In lieu of any new coin threads today, i'll give you "devs", and i use that term very loosely, a few new ideas for your next scam coin

UFOcoin

-Uses SETI for its getworks. requires massive amounts of ram and expensive cpu's.
-sourced from Yacoin
-UFO is the official symbol
-100 billion coins, matching the estimated number of galaxies in the universe
-2000 coins per block
-30 second block targets

StringCoin
-based on string theory
-3 coins per proof of work block matching the 3 real dimensions
-1 coin per proof of stake block, matching the dimension of time
-nNonce of 4, representative of the N=4 Yang-Mills Theory
-random block values ranging from .001-.02 coins
-1969 coins, the year that string theory was first theorized in its modern form
-First Bits
Code:
5374657068656e204861776b696e67	
(thats Stephen Hawking in hexadecimal)

AgentME

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:17:13 AM

UFOcoin's proof of work could only work if it is many orders of magnitude easier to verify valid work than to generate the proof of work. I highly doubt you could get analyzing SETI data to fit that model.

I don't understand how StringCoin is based on String theory, besides a few silly kinda physics-inspired parameters.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 01:34:55 AM

You don't think that showing the radio noise from star XYZ represents the elements and their isotopes and the first (number of elements shown) prime numbers, to make up a hypothetical message, would be easy to verify?

(Automatic verifying, though, sounds like an interesting challenge, a library you can use to specify the message content in a way that allows machines to see that you are correct that is seemingly what is being represented...)

Of course if each civilisation discovered only counts as one block it could be a very slow-growing blockchain...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
AgentME

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:19:39 AM

I just realized a major problem with relying on external datasets. Imagine this: UFOcoin takes off, and then the SETI group decides it needs a bit more funding, so it puts a few artificially-made signals into its released dataset, and then immediately "mines" their analysis because it already knows the pattern they match. The dataset provider (SETI) would get a huge unfair advantage at mining, and would be compromising its own datasets. This would be terrible.
DogtownHero (OP)

Activity: 70

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 10:47:10 AM

I just realized a major problem with relying on external datasets. Imagine this: UFOcoin takes off, and then the SETI group decides it needs a bit more funding, so it puts a few artificially-made signals into its released dataset, and then immediately "mines" their analysis because it already knows the pattern they match. The dataset provider (SETI) would get a huge unfair advantage at mining, and would be compromising its own datasets. This would be terrible.

holy crap dude, i never even thought about that. nice catch. you know i could really use someone with your critical thinking skills.

coinerd

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:58:22 AM

So much science, so little math...

One...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265555.0

Two!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265505.0

Two new altcoins launched today!  Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Pages: [1]