Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:40:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost private key.  (Read 1969 times)
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:00:37 AM

I experienced that too i accidentally post my private key in a group chat then after a minute my ether and my token was lost and someone took it. But sad to say i don't know who is the one took that so i moving on now but i'm so upset.
Cryptoshops

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:09:25 AM

lose your private key, you have lost all the coins in the wallet
no one can access your wallet, can say your wallet will be lost and its contents, forever

Might be lost for now but not forever  wait until quatum computers become cheap enough for people to buy Smiley

"Post-quantum cryptography refers to cryptographic algorithms (usually public-key algorithms) that are thought to be secure against an attack by a quantum computer. As of 2017, this is not true for the most popular public-key algorithms, which can be efficiently broken by a sufficiently large hypothetical quantum computer."

(could you imagine downloading a entirely new blockchain to your computer every transaction at 10000tx per second)??

Would be pretty amazing and one day it in the future this will most probably be possible
h55

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:23:56 AM

If you lost your key please try to notify, else say by bye with ur coins
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:25:31 AM

Guys what will happen if you accidentally lost the copy of your private key?..it's still possible to transfer your tokens to your other wallet using your wallet address..?? Does anyone know?..thanks in advance
No one will be able to access your wallet if you lose PK, and no one can help you to access your wallet again if your PK is lost

True,we are the one who is responsible about our "PRIVATE KEY"  and if ever we lost it or we forgot even single word and number of that we can't access our wallet anymore. I had experienced that one already i lost my private key and i feel bad because the token that my bounty campaign paid me was already on the coinmarketcap and there is no way that i can access my wallet anymore so i should just move on and be so extra careful next time.
COINISM0001

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:36:47 AM

Holy shit, thats too bad.

Do you hve Json file ? I am following this post...wish you luck

Guys what will happen if you accidentally lost the copy of your private key?..it's still possible to transfer your tokens to your other wallet using your wallet address..?? Does anyone know?..thanks in advance
bicoin110

Activity: 56
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:42:42 AM

I think if you forgot private key you can not reach your coins

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:46:25 AM

i already experience that,  i lost my private key, at first i feel sad, because there many coins at that key, i feel bad, but my friends said to me that , dont worry its only the beginning there are more airdrops to come dont worry if you lost it, create again and start ,they said, then maybe that was the time that i feel ok, just because of them.
rainezerr401

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:46:31 AM

Professional market analyst say's that, there is a huge portion of bitcoins that is stucked in the wallet and not circulating on the market because some of the owners forget their password or they cannot retrieve their lost password on any exchangers so obviously you cannot retrieve any keys or password if you forget it.
Kigwa143

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:52:02 AM

If you accidentally lost your private key that is really bad because you can never recover it.From the beggining that you created your wallet it is already stated that dont lose you private key because you cannot recover it if its lost so you need to make another one.However it is so bad if you hava alot of earnings there.
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:06:21 AM

Professional market analyst say's that, there is a huge portion of bitcoins that is stucked in the wallet and not circulating on the market because some of the owners forget their password or they cannot retrieve their lost password on any exchangers so obviously you cannot retrieve any keys or password if you forget it.
It could be possible that some bitcoins stocked for that reason. Truly we can say that bitcoin is safe because of it's unique private keys but the problem is, once you've lost your keys absolutely it won't recover anymore. It is very important to have a back-up copy of all your account separate from you have normally used just like PC, memory card or even written in paper.
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:07:20 AM

You will going to lost your coins because private keys is very sensitive that even if 1 character will be lost it will ruin everything in your wallet how much more of the entire keys. I just hope that you are just asking because of curiosity not because you have many coins in it so better back up your keys twice in a safe place so that in case you lost your file you have still a copy.
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:18:41 AM

it seems impossible to help the person who lost the private key.
we make your experience a very valuable lesson.
MrAhab

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:24:56 AM

That sucks.

I am sorry to hear that.

I think I'll go check on my keys now too...
caninams

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:34:17 AM

You will not be able to access your wallet, I thiking you will not lose much because only newbies will lose private key.
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:42:35 AM

You are always asked to keep your private key well, it is simply your money. If you lose your private key and anybody finds it, then the person can easily steal your money.

kioicoin

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:46:40 AM

I'm sorry for your lost password, it will be donated in blockchain no one will handle that but will sleep in your address as well. Just let you know that everything that has phrase password are very important..

Private key is life, losing the private key is losing everything. Because the person who owns the key can use the key to sign some fraudulent e-mail.Private key is life, losing the private key is losing everything. Because the person who owns the key can use the key to sign some fraudulent e-mail.
bttcoin

Activity: 110
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:52:12 AM

There is no solution, the private key to make a backup, this is the only way to transfer the coins, if you are missing, I'm sorry, unless you have other backup, then your coin will always exist where the wallet, Will not be lost, but can not get it.
roadwell890

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:58:10 AM

You will not be able to access your wallet
and all the crypto assets in your wallet will be just a display
can be seen, but can not be touched

adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:01:59 AM

If you lose your Private Key you will lose your tokens too, there's no way to bring back you PK if you lose it...
or if you have Json File and you remember the password of your wallet maybe you can get your tokens back... Smiley

Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:05:18 AM

I mean,  how do you can possibly lost your private key which is the important thing to open your wallet, well it doesn't mean any other people can take your tokes,  but it same irresponsible. I don't know of there any other plan which can make another private key with the same address.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: