Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:40:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost private key.  (Read 1969 times)
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:48:57 AM

If you have losts it, then just pray that noone may have found it because if that person is also knowledgeable about what he/she saw, then it's done. All your assets in your wallet will be taken away by him/her.

portgas313

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:33:11 PM

Like bitcoin, once you lose your Private key, you lost the coin unfortunately. It’s totally decentralized, there is no admin system for it. If you use a common password, I would try going through all the possibilities. Being that it is decentralized, there are no limit to attempts.
mithun303

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:35:45 PM

If i ever loss my private key when i do?

I think the private key should be kept in a lot of space, Because it's very important for me. private key As important to me as mine is important to everyone as important to everyone. so everyone be careful.

███ p2pcash.net ▬   ███ SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM
bitcoinjasensatom

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:48:01 PM

Guys what will happen if you accidentally lost the copy of your private key?..it's still possible to transfer your tokens to your other wallet using your wallet address..?? Does anyone know?..thanks in advance
you can do nothing, even a recovery process never can get it i dont know so please be carefull with your private key

Yes it's true no one can retrieve it. We must be responsible enough of our own private keys in such a way that we are giving security to our own assets.
1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:58:11 PM

I read all the commen's above and they're right you can never have access to your wallet again after losing your PK.

I can suggest to send your important info on your own fb account so it will be safe but if youre not the only one using it dont do this.

tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:30:59 AM

Losing a private key for sure you will not open your account. Unless the wallet have email account that can attached and you cn easily to forget password and create new private key. But as of now all of the wallet like MEW only privat key so better to keep safe your account and keep to safe place your privte key that you know it will not erase or gone.
If you are trapped under the unique disadvantage of Bitcoin then you are the most disadvantaged person in this world. Keeping your privacy secure should be your first attention towards Bitcoin because besides all the hard work in this business if you lost your private key and do not take care of your wallet then your all struggles will demolish within few seconds.
kangbasir

Activity: 394
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:46:05 AM

I think it is very fatal if we lose our privatkey unless we have a backup of data we store on flash disk or personal disk is our main key to access our wallet so we have to be careful
MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:48:44 AM

If PK is lost, your whole money is completely lost. No one could save you
that's true, because access that can only be opened in the wallet must use a private key so if it gets lost it means no more access to open it

amwer

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:53:20 AM

I'm sorry, key there is no way to transfer token when lost.
Do a full search of your computer for “UTC--“ and see if the private key shows up.
Do a full search of your computer for your address without the 0x at the beginning.
If you know when you created it, look through all files during that time period for any documents or screenshots.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:29:20 AM

when you lost your  private key then your token will be stuck  in your wallet,Do all you can to searcha dn find it.
Private key is your ATM password, but unlike ATM password where you can walk to your bank to access your  fiat, you are your bank in the crypto world, you must ensure yo
vickybitcoin

Activity: 149

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:33:48 AM

Guys what will happen if you accidentally lost the copy of your private key?..it's still possible to transfer your tokens to your other wallet using your wallet address..?? Does anyone know?..thanks in advance
Your private key is your way to cash in all your hard earned satoshis, so you must keep it and ensure it is safe. Once you lost it, it is just the same as losing all your hard work.
ClearAid

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:37:03 AM

Nop, you have lost your money
ATN.io

Activity: 41
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 07:50:12 AM

Back up phrases? Otherwise there isn't much you can do at this point.

Other option is to visit a crypto hypnotist: https://news.bitcoin.com/forgot-the-key-to-your-bitcoin-wallet-you-need-a-crypto-hypnotist/, but they charge a pretty penny.

Twitter: @atn_io
Telegram: http://t.me/ATN_Blockchain_EN
mintevacuateY

Activity: 93

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:48:22 AM

You may try once by contacting with the developers, by giving them applications for your problem
Ankhesenamun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:21:42 PM

As far as I know, if you have lost a secret key, then consider you have lost access to your wallet and nothing you can do with the coins that lie on it, just look at them and all.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:28:13 PM

You are talking about the copy of your private key because you can transfer your phone to another wallet but keep in mind whoever have the copy of the private key can also access your wallet whenever he or she wants that makes your wallet vulnerable to others. Losing private key does not mean that he will lock down and cannot do with you but if you keep doing nothing then yes you can lose your wallet completely.
conceivedspoon2

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:37:50 PM

I am sorry for that and that means a permanent lost of money and token. There are scammers out there wanting you to make a mistake and they take advantage of you. Just open another and if you are lucky, scammers havent moved vital and important tokens. I am a victim of this same issue, i lost that account and now i just see token going into the acct and i cannot stop the scammer from moving it. It's a pity the vulnerablity of this private keys once you loose it.
costanos02

Activity: 518
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:41:16 PM

No chance, if you losing your private keys you can't gain back what's inside it, losing your keys is like that you are losing your dreams.
kramchers

Activity: 854

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:43:08 PM

If you are talking about mew wallet and you just lost the private key, there will be another option in having it.
Yes if you still have the password and the file that you need, you are still safe.
but if you dont have them, then HOORAY you just lost it all.
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:45:59 PM

Its unfortunate that wallets dont have recovery systems for private keys, so incase the private key is lost, so is your coins, Thats why its encouraged that you have backup storages lake paper wallet, or write it in places where you always find it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: