Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:58:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst coins ever.  (Read 764 times)
Onomsum (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:50:52 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2017, 07:03:15 AM by Onomsum

Yea, the government might be able to trace who owns what coins... but how can we... how can we as regular people avoid buying some centralized piece of crap coin, with absolute certainty.

thanks for all the feed back, links, etc...  Smiley
Is there a way to analyze a block chain and associate multiple addresses with one wallet or ip, to get a better picture of how distributed or not a coin is Huh

^ ---- My second question in this thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoJoHuN

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:21:47 AM

You will never be sure on 100%. But in internet, many information about ICO and you can choose right project
De Suga09

Activity: 352
Merit: 125

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:24:57 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 02:16:08 AM by De Suga09

Yea, the government might be able to trace who owns what coins... but how can we... how can we as regular people avoid buying some centralized piece of crap coin, with absolute certainty.

Deadcoins.com is the hder recipient of the worst coins ever forcibly given upon the cryptocurrency community. Some were always a joke; others became a joke; and others were simply cursed with unfortunate names which meant they never got off the ground.
won99

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 08:25:03 AM

I think no coin worst. Increase and decrease are normally situation. We just wait for many time until the coin rising again. Be patient please Smiley

TAYLOR
Crypto Trading for Everyone
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
[]
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:51:54 AM

Only way to do it is to do your research.

One of hte worst cryptocoin scams that i have personally ever experienced was the paycoin scam, the developers offered to put a $20 price floor on the coin but when the entire project turned out to be a scam, the whole thing went crashing down below $20(well below).

There was even a joke coin made by some random guy called paycon, that was worth more than the actual "paycoin".

Also, bitconnect is one of these centralized ponzis that have nothing to do with cryptocurrencies. As i said - do your own research and it's easy to avoid them.
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:53:25 AM

You can never do so with absolute certainty. You can filter out the obvious scams, though.

If something that is:

a) Promising high returns off your investment for doing nothing
b) Promising new tech vaporware that is probably too good to be true
c) or trying to get you to invest amounts that are larger than actually needed

It's probably a bad coin to invest in, and at best case scenario, a centralized shitcoin. Btcney has mentioned bit connect and i think that's the best example at the moment, massive ponzi that is about to blow up soon.
tuzlu

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:21:40 AM

Siacoin is number one  Cry

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM (https://ico.midex.com/) ●
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved (https://ico.midex.com/) by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers ▬ (https://ico.midex.com/)
# WEB (https://ico.midex.com/) ● ANN + Bounty (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=271458Cool ● Telegram (https://t.me/midexinfo_en) ● Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/midexinfo/) ● Twitter (https://twitter.com/MidexInfo) ● Blog (https://www.reddit.com/user/Midex_Official/) # GET TOKENS #
Lucky_U

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:24:17 AM

Of the latest examples it's Confido Project. 
sabrikks

Activity: 174

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 10:32:55 AM

You need to do your own research especially if you are buying the coin, look at the team, white paper, social media etc....
There are websites like icodrops where you can check for info and rating

cryptomngr

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:35:31 AM

There are pros/cons in each coins,its up to you if you will invest or not thats why you need to do serious researching about the ICO's background.

mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 06:11:06 PM

I think it is very difficult to find out which coins are ok and which are not. It is very difficult to discriminate. The only way is to read a lot, the infos about the coins, the official web pages, the names of the developers (search them too).
Do they have developed their own wallet? Is there any address or phone for infos or just a email address and nothing else.
All these are difficult but necessary before you spend your money.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:33:14 PM

Read a lot? what are you talking about? If someone reads it doesnt mean that he wont be scammed by someone or just by something.

think it is very difficult to find out which coins are ok and which are not. It is very difficult to discriminate. The only way is to read a lot, the infos about the coins, the official web pages, the names of the developers

Far as i know IOTA does not even have their own wallet, and look at them, are they a scammy project? I guess that you are putting a lot of steriotypes in game.

Do they have developed their own wallet? Is there any address or phone for infos or just a email address and nothing else.All these are difficult but necessary before you spend your money.

Because they have their own wallet it does not means that they are not scam. Look at bitconnect, they have their own wallet, but they are a ponzi.
Evanston45

Activity: 86
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:01:54 PM

Siacoin is number one  Cry

Didn’t Siacoin double in the last week? Seems good to me, but am I wrong?
VackFromOhm

Activity: 234

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:22:06 PM

There's really no clear-cut way to do it. You have to rely on your own logical rationalization as you look at the whitepaper, the route the coin is going, how much of a community is built up around the coin, etc. The biggest giveaways of a bad coin are very poorly thought-out releases or lots of spelling errors, I don't trust any coin that isn't good at presenting itself publicly. Next I look to see if there is a healthy community of people built around the coin, and what other people think about it. If it seems that the coin can be generally accepted, then I start putting in the time to read the whitepaper, roadmap, etc. and see if I like what their plan is for where the coin is going. If all of that checks out, I still only invest if the marketcap & volume are high enough under standard trading practices to be considered good investments. Everyone has their own qualifications for how to invest but this plan of playing it safe has never done me wrong.
cryptotnak

Activity: 194

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:44:38 PM

How to avoid buying this kind of coins?maybe you can use google to do some research,dont invest in anything you are not sure of to prevent getting rekt.

thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:51:57 PM

Onecoin turned out to be some international Ponzi scheme from what I read. I'm sure there are a dozen other scams being run out there now. There's just no control over the ICO market so you have to be extra careful.

BountyX

Activity: 352

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:58:20 PM

The worst coin ever has been PANDAcoin, made in 2014 and which lasted just a few days before some of the devs dumped the premine,  took the money and run.

Phil419She

Activity: 346

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:26:33 AM

Well in my experience theres no really accurate way of telling that the coins could be successful or just scam until the ICO is finished and the price is set in the market.  But one thing Im sure that as long as the coins have no real use,  it will never increase its price and just be dumped as soon as it hits the market.

Briian007

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:51:18 AM

I have been in this market for few months and i realize that we could not beleive what people told us. Like "Neo is number one", "Bitbase is most profitable coins" .... some true some false and we can only beleive ourself. Do research if you try to invest coins, sell coins after you have profit if you do day trading.
lamby

Activity: 223

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:12:02 AM

So Many D scam coins out there. Some coins are dead because the devs did nothing to seemily great ideas after ICOs. Others were outright frauds.
We will still be seeing more of the kinds unless the crypto world becomes well regulaTed.

In the meantime carry out good research on the

1. The idea
2. The team
3. The problem its solving
4. The competition

Before going ahead to buy coins
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: