Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:14:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon Store Batch 3 Status just went to "Refund Processing" - now "Completed"  (Read 19724 times)
jspielberg (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 12:23:53 PM

I know I filled it out twice (thinking it would update the same row in their Google spreadsheet).
First time I just used the txid since there wasn't enough time to get the bitpay url.
Once I got my bitpay uri I "updated" my request with the new info, even though it was after the imposed deadline of 3 days.
aceat64

Activity: 307
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:36:00 PM

Day 56, no refunds in sight.
Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 05:58:44 AM

I know I filled it out twice (thinking it would update the same row in their Google spreadsheet).
First time I just used the txid since there wasn't enough time to get the bitpay url.
Once I got my bitpay uri I "updated" my request with the new info, even though it was after the imposed deadline of 3 days.
I happened to have emailed myself the bitpay URL, I'm not really sure how you would go back and find that otherwise necessarily (maybe have an account with bitpay?).

Did anyone else not fill in the Bitpay URL?

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
jspielberg (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:04:07 PM

I happened to have emailed myself the bitpay URL, I'm not really sure how you would go back and find that otherwise necessarily (maybe have an account with bitpay?).

Did anyone else not fill in the Bitpay URL?

I had to make a support case with Bitpay... but after 4 or 5 days, they were able to get my invoice url.  As stated this was after the deadline, but since it seemed like they were running late with refund processing I figured it would be okay to update the with the new information.
btcsql

Activity: 292

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:04:20 PM

still nothing Sad
ailikun

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 08:59:51 PM

Yifu, how much more should it take to process our refund?
You are making people waiting for more than a month, for a refund that will take 1 hour of your busy life.

Do you understand, that some people rely on this money?
No one knew that you will shit on your customers, and make them wait for a lifetime...

For instance my friend is waiting for a refund, because he should pay for his medical treatment.
Do you understand, that there could be different circumstances for each person that made an order?
that someone's life may be in danger because of your stupid behavior...

And if someone's gonna get hurt, karma will get your ass, and no money will be able to save you.

I still hope, that there's some humanity left in you, and you will process our refunds in a few days.

Komuto Herovato is definitely the chief engineer of bfl)
btcsql

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:31:47 AM

bump for refundz
btcsql

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 07:54:07 PM

Bump again Sad Yifu please respond and let us know the status of our refunds... it's been a long time now and it's a lot of money for us to be waiting and wishing on.
mik3

Activity: 245
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 11:51:35 PM

Huh Huh Huh
AsicShill

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:58:51 AM

I think he is still planning on delivering promised refunds (call me an optimist).
I think he is not processing refunds in a very calculated way.

By not being proactive on delivering refunds he is discouraging other customers from requesting refunds.

Chip buyers would rather have late chips than a promise of a refund that doesn't deliver.  At least you can minimize your losses with chips.
With no refund, you have that... nothing.

My assumption then (based on the first line)... is that refunds won't be processed in a significant way until the majority of the latest chip orders have been shipped.
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:19:41 AM

Or maybe he just ran away with everyone's money and is now in hiding. Just maybe.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:21:59 AM

Or maybe he just ran away with everyone's money and is now in hiding. Just maybe.

Now where did I put that phone number for the local Chinese Mafia....hmm...........lost it!!!  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
peterepeat

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:28:07 AM

I think he is still planning on delivering promised refunds (call me an optimist).

By not being proactive on delivering refunds he is discouraging other customers from requesting refunds.

Chip buyers would rather have late chips than a promise of a refund that doesn't deliver.  At least you can minimize your losses with chips.

My assumption then (based on the first line)... is that refunds won't be processed in a significant way until the majority of the latest chip orders have been shipped.

I'm remaining optimistic about the refunds also. I will be much happier when it turns up though.
btcsql

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:37:51 AM

Unfortunately I think your logic is spot on. I do think Yifu is a good guy and would not have the capacity to not make good on his business dealings, but you raise the point that if all of a sudden Avalon starts issuing refunds for B3, the chip buyers are going to start making demands as well.

Either way, going forward it's clear that a large majority of the supply of hash rate will emanate from a few key players (think ASICMiner/Giga/Lab/IceDrill/etc), and there will be less hobbyists running heat swamps in their homes. The USB-ASIC miners dating the Radeons are a huge boon for people who want to support the network cheaply, without any grandiose ideas of making a lot of money. Lady luck has been known to struck.

Anyways, I will be relieved when the refund is finally processed.
jspielberg (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 12:32:21 PM

Same here.

It looks like everyone is waiting on chip deliveries.... even the batch 3 miner refunders strangely enough.

Hopefully we will see an update from Yifu as to progress (since we are being optimistic and all)  Grin
ftping

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

200 OK

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:16:41 PM

I stopped visiting this board daily. It has done a lot for my patience.
I just assume "When it comes, it comes"... I do think Yifu will send the refunds ultimately, but who knows when.
I'm going to keep checking back once a week or so until then. Checking this place daily just makes me too anxious and annoyed, especially with the all the bullshit and speculation flying around all over the place.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:33:10 PM

Chip buyers would rather have late chips than a promise of a refund that doesn't deliver.  At least you can minimize your losses with chips.

Unfortunately I think your logic is spot on. I do think Yifu is a good guy and would not have the capacity to not make good on his business dealings, but you raise the point that if all of a sudden Avalon starts issuing refunds for B3, the chip buyers are going to start making demands as well.

Either way, going forward it's clear that a large majority of the supply of hash rate will emanate from a few key players (think ASICMiner/Giga/Lab/IceDrill/etc), and there will be less hobbyists running heat swamps in their homes. The USB-ASIC miners dating the Radeons are a huge boon for people who want to support the network cheaply, without any grandiose ideas of making a lot of money. Lady luck has been known to struck.

Anyways, I will be relieved when the refund is finally processed.

Makes no difference to chip buyers as he's already agreed to refund batch 3.

Sorry I no longer think Yifu is a good guy.

We've seen him promise refunds to be imminent, twice in the past two months.

We've seen photos of millions of Avalon chips ready and in Bitsyncom's possession, coupled with the tracking I'd that can be checked through an official site proving they were in receipt two months ago.

We've heard voices of discontent from former Bitsyncom members stating the chips have been ready since June, they split due to moral differences and Yifu is running around looking for private finance.

We've seen bulk chips available for real on the black market from some time July onwards.

We've seen silence from Yifu.

We've seen a shady PR move published in the Wall Street Journal backfire horrifically.

We've seen group buy bulk chip purchasers want legal action.

We've finally then had a flakey BS response from Yifu.

Still hardly any chips.

Still a wall of silence.

Still promises to refund.

But an acknowledgement he's in bed with private equity, that may well have a hand in chip delays.

Still no sign Yifu is in real control of anything as claimed other than the ability to ship sample chips.

We've seen movement finally in the group buy chip wallets, but not in the right direction.

The silence is a total unwillingness to be straight and honest, and avoid all responsibility to tell the truth.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
loufiethecat

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

Triple B Mining - triplebmining.com

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 03:33:55 PM

Agreed...
over 20 tickets to Avalon
over 20 tickets to BITPAY
over 20 PM's and
OVER 20 msgs left on his cell number...
what response did I get...
yep ...
NONE!!!

This company is crap. Shame good solid box upgrade able and does what it says it does well... shame and a huge waste of talent and time... Triple B Mining is still kicking though and we have bigger and better stuff in the pipeline.
I ended up having to buy a 2nd hand batch three at cost to cover my contract... and no refund in sight...
No honor Yifu... None.

GM of Triple B Mining

The Triple B Group

Hybrid BTC/LTC mining BOND GPU/ASIC-triplebmining.com

Triple B Delivery
btcsql

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:41:16 AM

can refunds keep up with the BTC price? I sure hope so.
aistto
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:54:50 AM

still only one person got refund?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: