Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 06:45:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How will humans drive themselves to extinction?
Drastic climate change/pollution - 1 (12.5%)
WMD use by nation states (nuclear, chemical, biological, etc) - 3 (37.5%)
WMD use by random individual/organization (e.g. genetically engineering killer virus in homemade lab once that tech is cheap enough) - 0 (0%)
A.I. eradicating us for some reason - 0 (0%)
Transcendance (we evolve ourselves to the point where we're no longer considered human) - 4 (50%)
Other (explain) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How will humans drive themselves to extinction?  (Read 595 times)
Aristotle (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:27:22 AM

I'm begging the question here, but I don't see any imminent extinction dangers except those caused by humans.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:32:42 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 11:51:57 AM by zackclark70

50-50 nuke or bio

will end up like fallout/metro last light  Smiley

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 11:36:54 AM

I don't think we'll go extinct because our planet is still pretty big but I certainly think a cluster fucked Fallout style scenario is entirely possible. I'd agree with either Bio weapons or nuclear, it also won't matter if it's a private organisation or state for me because it all it takes is for a few batshit crazy people to have the launch codes and we're screwed but I voted state because they tend to have the most insane and corrupt people.

We'll still survive, but chances are it will be on the outskirts of civilisation and away from the major cities because those will be the first targets by whoever decides to launch the weaponry, I think the Fallout game minus the ghouls is a pretty realistic depiction of life after Armageddon.
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:36:59 AM

Every species are dying due to natural conditions ... But humans are here for a couple of centuries. We can have still a few million of years before we all die Smiley

solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:39:56 AM

People are far too numerous and spread out to go extinct any time soon.

It seems it did nearly happen once already though when the world population was about 100,000 and it crashed by 90%.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory#Genetic_bottleneck_theory

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:14:22 PM

I don't think we'll go extinct because our planet is still pretty big but I certainly think a cluster fucked Fallout style scenario is entirely possible. I'd agree with either Bio weapons or nuclear, it also won't matter if it's a private organisation or state for me because it all it takes is for a few batshit crazy people to have the launch codes and we're screwed but I voted state because they tend to have the most insane and corrupt people.

We'll still survive, but chances are it will be on the outskirts of civilisation and away from the major cities because those will be the first targets by whoever decides to launch the weaponry, I think the Fallout game minus the ghouls is a pretty realistic depiction of life after Armageddon.
Kinda agree

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: