Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:27:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF is wrong with America?  (Read 6636 times)
fritzthecat (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:57:46 AM

Poor to no education, religious sects like the catholics and protestants, all those acts "protecting" but in fact striping you of your rights without one even noticing, spying on their own citizens = 90% not giving a fuck, spying on other countries = 100% not giving a fuck, more wars in the last 60 years than the world combined in over 200, bombing countries back to the stone age, manipulating countries, overthrowing governments, no choice in elections, no boobies on tv etc. etc.
NSA, CIA, FBI, NRA, IRS and what have you not.
Its like frogs and boiling water, if you put them into boiled water they will immediately jump out, but if you increase the temperature gradually with the frog in it, it will be cooked.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:19:21 AM

And dont forget Wall Street and the military industrial complex essentially running the country.
no boobies on tv
This is actually the most important point and will lead to the downfall of the system. Smiley
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:22:44 AM

I'm gonna make a wild guess and say, it's the fluoride they're pumping into the water supply.  There must be a reason why a nation would enforce something on a national level, even when many of its citizens do not want it to happen; even when entire cities do not want it to happen and are forced anyway.  What's so absolutely vital about cleaner teeth that we must be forced to drink a toxin to obtain it?  It's one thing if businesses are just that lazy and want to save on costs, but why does the government feel the need to force-feed this stuff to us?  And why, then, is this so, when so many other nations have outlawed fluoride due to its toxic nature?

If it's not the fluoride, I'm at wits end as to why Americans are so laid back about all this.

Here's a map of how widespread fluoridation is per country.  If anyone living in the red countries, and anyone living in the no-fluoride countries, can attest this hypothesis--that is, if the Australians and New Zealanders here can tell us if their government is more corrupt, and the others if theirs is less so--then we might have something to go off with.

Of what little comparisons I can draw between America and New Zealand (from a time I was researching what it's like to live in different places), they both have a high amount of citizens who despise foreigners and have a tendency to blame their problems on them.  Just as well, both America and New Zealand have corrupt politicians, based off what I've heard various ex-pats and natives say.  All I know about Australia is that their borders aren't open to anyone who doesn't have a work visa or isn't married to a native (but I'm not too sure on this so don't take my word for it.)  I wouldn't doubt that Australia also has many corrupt politicians.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:28:39 AM

Almost every country in the world with a population of >100,000 has a better collection of musicians than the US.

The French have great musicians, but then they have that ultra-queer anti-gay faction embarrassing the nation on the scale of the US Westboro Baptist Church.

Britain has some fine musicians, but then you have the totally apathetic street reaction to the recent public beheading. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d0f_1369235265 (gore, beware) - and ofc, British spies used PRISM data for domestic espionage, but nobody gives half a shit. Oh... and they still have a fucking taxpayer-funded monarchy which sits around doing fuck-all... in 2013.
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:48:23 AM

and ofc, British spies used PRISM data for domestic espionage, but nobody gives half a shit.
They hardly need the amateurish Prism system, when they can directly peak into more than 50% of the transatlantic communication.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 04:08:19 PM

no boobies on tv
This is actually the most important point and will lead to the downfall of the system. Smiley

National comparisons aside, I think it is a very important point simply because it is so insane.

I've not managed to get any coherent rationale as a response when asking about this "law". Many Americans feel outright panic when their children see a nipple, genitals, certain poses etc. Apparently they believe it conjures Satan or something. Their children can be exposed to excessive violence, scares, immoral context and a multitude of other uncivilized influences without much hindrance, while viewing the human body is forcefully prevented. Anyone opposing this is labeled as a "pervert" and implicitly linked to rapists and whatnot. Children's bodies are considered so vile that they get filtered from information flow on the internet. Note that this is not the case if they've been blown to pieces by a grenade or so -- unless of course the result exposes their genitals.

I find it hard to expect rational behavior from people who accept such nonsense without question. This is a symptom of a real issue -- susceptibility to brainwashing -- and most certainly is relevant for system stability.
Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 04:51:09 PM

I've not managed to get any coherent rationale as a response when asking about this "law". Many Americans feel outright panic when their children see a nipple, genitals, certain poses etc. Apparently they believe it conjures Satan or something
I think it goes like this:
If you see a nipple you will think of sex.
If you think of sex you will want to have sex.
Having sex before marriage is really bad. Sex is not for fun.
Seeing blood and violence doesn't make you think of sex.
That's good.

Moneymaker1990

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 04:54:16 PM

It's the damn fluoride.

Sad
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 07:50:01 PM

Don't forget there are also enough pharmaceuticals in some places from waste run off to be PSYCHOACTIVE in humans even after treatment. Your tap water might include a free dose of zoloft with it.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/features/drugs-in-our-drinking-water

p2pbucks

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:33:43 AM

:)there's nothing wrong with US . US is still the most competitive country in the world . All you see are small stones on the glory road.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 03:40:30 AM

Sad
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 09:49:18 PM

The French have great musicians, but then they have that ultra-queer anti-gay faction embarrassing the nation on the scale of the US Westboro Baptist Church.

Wait, they're both queer and anti-gay?  Is this even possible?

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 10:35:22 PM

We hear oppressed voices crying out for justice & 15 laser-guided megatons of pure democracy. 
To those who will be available to greet your liberators: We will be semi-formally dressed, in sandstorm-yellow with matching earth tone & charcoal accessories.  Make sure to color-coordinate the wellcome parade accordingly.

We can't even wait we're so psyched,

-The Americans
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 01:32:16 AM

Who is John Galt?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
hawkeye

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 02:13:59 PM

Wait, they're both queer and anti-gay?  Is this even possible?

I would even say it's quite common.   It's usually the biggest critics of gay people who turn out to be gay themselves.

But that's probably not what the poster was referring to (I'm not sure what he is talking about).
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 02:25:03 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2013, 02:37:25 PM by bernard75

The poster was trying to ridicule the topic, unfortunately that doesnt work with people who know whats going on(90% of the world by now) in "The land of the free"(ROFL already). The constitution has been violated so much, that it can be moved to the rare books section. But hey, the only thing important and worth fighting for is the 2nd.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 08:47:19 PM

Pathetic liar.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57593990-38/gun-rights-groups-join-new-challenge-to-nsa-surveillance/

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 06:59:48 PM

Its like frogs and boiling water, if you put them into boiled water they will immediately jump out, but if you increase the temperature gradually with the frog in it, it will be cooked.

We had a fucking dumbass of a news commentator demonstrate on live TV that that's, in fact, not true, when he tossed a live frog into a boiling pot of water, and it instantly died from being boiled alive. He later on tried to claim that it was a rubber frog, which if was true, and he knew the frog wouldn't have jumped out, would have made his prior speech make no sense.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 02:05:33 PM

Of what little comparisons I can draw between America and New Zealand (from a time I was researching what it's like to live in different places), they both have a high amount of citizens who despise foreigners and have a tendency to blame their problems on them.

foreigners? u mean all those Englishmen, Spanish, Portuguese, Germans, Italians etc that have been immigrating into both countries for the last couple of centuries?  Huh

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:24:45 PM

Of what little comparisons I can draw between America and New Zealand (from a time I was researching what it's like to live in different places), they both have a high amount of citizens who despise foreigners and have a tendency to blame their problems on them.

foreigners? u mean all those Englishmen, Spanish, Portuguese, Germans, Italians etc that have been immigrating into both countries for the last couple of centuries?  Huh

Those sneaky bastards who pretend to be working shit low-paying jobs, but in reality...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: