Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:21:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF is wrong with America?  (Read 6636 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 05:23:31 PM

I feel stupid, because I forgot that the magical place called USA only came into existence because batshit crazy folk started shooting their tax men.

Technically speaking, I think it was the king of England's tax men who were the target of irritated citizens ire.

But ascribing ownership where it does not fit is a common rhetorical trick which is fairly effective.  Like why is Snowden 'giving away our secrets' for instance.  I commonly hear that from people who I know with complete certainty are not the connected insiders who held the secret that there existed a truly extraordinary amount of domestic surveillance.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 05:27:08 PM

no boobies on tv
This is actually the most important point and will lead to the downfall of the system. Smiley

Indeed. No boobs on TV, but people are allowed to have guns = civil war!
You must not be watching the right TV.  Please fix this Very Important Problem and then return to this sick fuck of a conversation.
Kyle91

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:43:08 PM

the only thing you hear about now in America is legalize weed, gay rights, and news about celebrities and how they got their new haircut today.

Sad
J603

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 01:40:55 PM

the only thing you hear about now in America is legalize weed, gay rights, and news about celebrities and how they got their new haircut today.

Sad

Yeah why would civil rights be in the news? Who cares about such an insignificant thing as equality?

It's like when MLK was in the news. Why's he so famous?
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 02:01:48 PM

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Sponsors_of_Terrorism

Blue stands for the most dangerous ones.
J603

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 02:06:27 PM

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Sponsors_of_Terrorism

Blue stands for the most dangerous ones.

Explain to me how Cuba (who supports FARC), Iran (who supports Hamas among others), and Syria (who murders its own people) are not sponsors of terrorism.

What terrorist group does the US sponsor?
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 02:12:02 PM

The Republican Party Cheesy
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 02:36:43 PM

The Republican Party Cheesy

. FBI

. NSA

. CIA

. IRS

. Airport Security

By the way, government intelligence agencies are essentially legalised terrorist organisations and if you really believe they aren't after all the leaks lately you've got to get help.
DumbFruit

Activity: 433
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 02:54:31 PM

Hi American here I just wanted to clear some stuff up,

1.) Most people here are not religious fundamentalists. Most people claim to believe in "a god", but their god's traits and personality conveniently happen to form fit to the bearer of said beliefs.
This is how it goes down pretty much; One person argues his bible says this and such, the other disagrees, takes a black pen, and blacks out that line from the bible, and the other one does likewise until they both have a bible they're comfortable with. Which ends up being a few lines like,
"“You shall not commit adultery [if your marriage isn't working out. I mean, who are we to judge?]." Exodus 20:14

"You shall not [can] lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination [no big deal]." Leviticus 18:22

“'Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?'” -Pharisee's

“It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners. [And what's wrong with eating with tax collectors? They're totally cool with me.]” -Jesus
Mark 2:13-17

2.) I didn't have any fluoride in my water, and I'm... An anarcho-capitalist... on bitcointalk... Totally unrelated, SHUT YOUR FACE HOLE.

3.) No one can stop anyone from marrying anybody or anything anywhere for whatever reason. The real debate, though nobody realizes it, is whether or not people should get tax breaks for their personal relationships.
On the one hand less taxes for the government is awesome, on the other hand, is it really ok for the government to sanction certain relationships over others?

I say either let everybody put their spouse down whether it's a man(s), woman(s), or goat, or else get rid of government endorsed marriage altogether. (Against straight marriage!!!)

4.) Your government sucks too. You're seriously delusional if you think you're government has all of your best interests at heart and isn't intrinsically a morally bankrupt institution like every other government (including the US government.)

5.) Education is totally overrated. For the most part it's not necessary. Get rid of all publicly funded education and let the free market market decide what kind of education is needed. Could be more, could be less. I don't particularly care if we're #1, or #543.

6.) Attrition is the best way to beat any larger force. When you have a gigantic army that you move into a hostile environment you have to maintain supply lines. Fuel, ammunition, tanks, helicopters, jets, and bombs. That's expensive! A cleverly run guerrilla warfare at home can make it so economically costly and demoralizing that an invading army just can't keep it going for more than a few years unless they just want to out and out commit genocide on the entire United States.
Look at how Che Guevara took Cuba, or the Vietnam war, or the revolutionary war.

That said, having an armed populace is very very important. People always say civilian weapon's are useless against an army, but it's just. not. true. There's a reason why Mao, Hitler, and Stalin all favored a disarmed general population (Particularly targeting political opponents.), and it's not hard to see why!

http://www.mercyseat.net/gun_genocide.html

By their (dumb) fruits shall ye know them indeed...
J603

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 02:58:17 PM

5.) Education is totally overrated. For the most part it's not necessary. Get rid of all publicly funded education and let the free market market decide what kind of education is needed. Could be more, could be less. I don't particularly care if we're #1, or #543.

Other American here, most of us do believe in education. I do care if we're #1 or #543, because there are only 196 countries.
DumbFruit

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:02:10 PM

Holy crap, he's on to me, I just made up that number. Welp, it's time go into hiding.

xanto

Activity: 216
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:03:32 PM

Oh wow, no boobies on TV?! I will never visit America!
DumbFruit

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:05:29 PM

I just draw boobies on the screen...

jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:08:08 PM

Other American here, most of us do believe in education. I do care if we're #1 or #543, because there are only 196 countries.

Lmao awesome.

I would just have my wife stand behind the tv stand and put them on top of it. Does that count?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:16:15 PM

4.) Your government sucks too. You're seriously delusional if you think you're government has all of your best interests at heart and isn't intrinsically a morally bankrupt institution like every other government (including the US government.)

The only difference being, that any action US government takes kinda affects every other government in the world.

There are 3 kinds of people: ones that can count and ones that cannot.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
xanto

Activity: 216
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:16:43 PM

I just draw boobies on the screen...
Isn't that illegal?
J603

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:18:57 PM

Holy crap, he's on to me, I just made up that number. Welp, it's time go into hiding.

Well, you proved your point that you don't care about education, that's for sure. But maybe you should care, since I didn't have to make up that number or look it up.
DumbFruit

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:35:15 PM

Isn't that illegal?

Only when I do it at the TV store.

But maybe you should care, since I didn't have to make up that number or look it up.
Wow!
I bet when you put that on your resumé, your employer was very impressed.

J603

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:45:02 PM

Isn't that illegal?

Only when I do it at the TV store.

But maybe you should care, since I didn't have to make up that number or look it up.
Wow!
I bet when you put that on your resume, your employer was very impressed.

DumbFruit's Resume

Name: DumbFruit
Education: Doesn't matter

Don't say what Americans believe when you aren't even right. Most Americans do believe in education, and it is a minority that don't.

http://www.publicagenda.org/press-releases/index.php?qid=27
http://pdkintl.org/programs-resources/poll/
DumbFruit

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 04:07:21 PM

DumbFruit's Resume
Name: DumbFruit
Education: Doesn't matter
Yep, word for word.

Don't say what Americans believe when you aren't even right. Most Americans do believe in education, and it is a minority that don't.

http://www.publicagenda.org/press-releases/index.php?qid=27
http://pdkintl.org/programs-resources/poll/
With the public education system shoving "education is important" down your throat year after year for a decade, and public school teachers showing us how much more money people make with degree's, and telling us how high school is just to prepare us for college, it's a wonder that anyone in the United States has enough critical thinking skills to say that maybe "education" isn't the most important thing in the world. I mean, those kind of people must be like the top of the top, the one's with the biggest brains and dongs, and get all the girls. They must be intellectual giants, raining down brilliant insights and critiques upon their inferior peers. Just out and out pretty cool guys.

But ya. If you want to see a subject in the United States that has propaganda, look at education.
Ever increasing subsidies, increasing attendance, increasing diplomas, and increasing salaries for college professors all because "education" is important.
Meanwhile we have increasing numbers of dropouts, increasing college debt, increasing tuition costs, and overall a less educated society for our efforts.
Why? So people can have pretty pieces of paper from fancy insitutions? (Much like discharge papers from an insane asylum.)

Why don't we just cut out the middle men and give everyone a Ph. D at birth?

See, the point is that diploma's and ancient centralized structures of learning are antiquated ideas that don't make adequate use of the technology we have available to us today. Getting information out to people isn't hard anymore. Lecture's aren't valuable when you have video camera's. Books aren't useful when you have the internet.

If you want to learn something, don't get an "education". Get a skill. Learn something you can actually improve the world with. You don't need a balding leftist troll in an ancient building telling you bullshit and charging you an arm and a leg to do that.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: