Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:30:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Donation to help ButterflyLabs to ship faster  (Read 4539 times)
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 03:17:53 AM

I have a feeling they are mining at the undisclosed Chicago facility with a small amount of TH and enjoying the low difficulty for themselves.
jhansen858

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:40:46 AM

Funny thing is that when you get your order it will still be profitable. I bet you stop crying then??

They are less then 90 days out from fulfilling all the back orders. You just have to be patient. something your obviously not good at or you wouldn't be so butt hurt about the extra delay.

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
mah87 (OP)
Donator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 08:06:58 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2013, 10:57:10 PM by mah87

;;;
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1836
Merit: 2830

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 06:58:05 PM

I'd hate to bring it back up, because I don't like bringing up people's "personal lives"... but the only thing that still worries me about BFL right now is the similarities of BFL's current situation & the lottery scam that 'Sonny Vleisides' was involved with for over 26 years   Huh

Just go through the affidavit... it's spooky to me the similarities when you read how the lottery scam worked.  I want to give the guy a chance, because I think people can change... but its just spooky, and gives me a lot of FUD    Undecided

Synethstesia

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:46:51 PM

They're slowly leaking 5G miners out, so as not to skyrocket the difficulty all at once... They are in all likely hood mining themselves with the lower difficulty. If they did release everything at once, it would drive the network hash rate up close to 350TH/s meaning the 5G miners would only be making ~.05 coins a day. This seems kind of obvious...
rayfloyd

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 03:25:36 PM

1BsLXx7uWGTzNJx5ADymtx8kwiyN9Yp1Ro

Donate! Donate!

So it's gonna come quicker!

I facepalmed so hard, the shockwave destroyed my neighborhood.

timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 03:52:15 PM

This is just me speaking, and I must admit I'm not always the most ethical person on the face of the planet, but I'd like to put this thought out there.

If I were the person running the company making these ASIC miners, you can bet your life that each and every one of those mining machines would be hooked up and running, mining for ME, putting bitcoins and cash in my own personal pocket, under the guise of "product testing" before they got boxed up and shipped out.

Because I'd want to ship a proven quality product, I think a month or three of "product testing" per unit would be sufficient. Grin

Do we have any reason to think that Butterfly and Avalon are NOT doing this exact thing?
ibminer
Legendary

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 04:16:33 PM

Do we have any reason to think that Butterfly and Avalon are NOT doing this exact thing?

They said they wouldn't and aren't!   I take them for their word, and if they are lying, then they should face accountability... a rare word to use around here.

gdpone

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:04:42 PM

They said they wouldn't and aren't!   I take them for their word, and if they are lying, then they should face accountability... a rare word to use around here.

lol ok dude.
ibminer
Legendary

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 10:55:00 PM

They said they wouldn't and aren't!   I take them for their word, and if they are lying, then they should face accountability... a rare word to use around here.

lol ok dude.

I'm not saying they are not mining with the equipment... I personally feel like they are burning-in the units on the live network, BFL may be doing worse than that... I'm just saying, Yes, we do have a 'reason' to think that BFL and Avalon are not doing it... the reason is because they said they weren't.  Do we have doubts and maybe even some evidence?  Yes.

Synethstesia

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:44:45 PM

They said they wouldn't and aren't!   I take them for their word, and if they are lying, then they should face accountability... a rare word to use around here.

lol ok dude.

I'm not saying they are not mining with the equipment... I personally feel like they are burning-in the units on the live network, BFL may be doing worse than that... I'm just saying, Yes, we do have a 'reason' to think that BFL and Avalon are not doing it... the reason is because they said they weren't.  Do we have doubts and maybe even some evidence?  Yes.

We have no "reason" to think that BFL is not mining with our equipment... You think that just because they say some thing, we should give them the benefit of the doubt? After what they have been doing? If everything Butterfly Labs said was truth, they would have been shipping many more units, a long long time ago.
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:27:15 PM

"I'm not saying they are not mining with the equipment... I personally feel like they are burning-in the units on the live network"

Sounds like mining to me!  Just worded a little nicer. 

Let's look at it like this.  Some simple facts.:

Option 1. - they build ASICs and sell them.  They get money.

Option 2. - they build ASICs and mine with them.  They get money.

Option 3. - they build ASICs, mine with them for a while, and then sell them.  They get money PLUS money!

What would YOU do?  I know what I'd do! Grin
ibminer
Legendary

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 09:22:36 PM

"I'm not saying they are not mining with the equipment... I personally feel like they are burning-in the units on the live network"

Sounds like mining to me!  Just worded a little nicer. 

Let's look at it like this.  Some simple facts.:

Option 1. - they build ASICs and sell them.  They get money.

Option 2. - they build ASICs and mine with them.  They get money.

Option 3. - they build ASICs, mine with them for a while, and then sell them.  They get money PLUS money!

What would YOU do?  I know what I'd do! Grin

I would honor the commitments I made to my customers.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 03:11:42 AM

Of course they're mining live with them. They've even posted a screenshot of one of their devices mining on a public pool.

Buy & Hold
worldinacoin

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:07:02 AM

They are a FOR Profit company, why should anyone donate to them to help them ship faster?  I rather donate to the local soup kitchens etc.
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:54:17 AM

They are a FOR Profit company, why should anyone donate to them to help them ship faster?  I rather donate to the local soup kitchens etc.

it was ironic
worldinacoin

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 09:26:44 AM

it was ironic

+1 maybe we can ask USAF for help in flying the orders to the destinations Smiley
D_Thomas

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 09:53:57 PM

I got my Jalapeño yesterday.  I had to chase down the postman because my work was closed (had it shipped to work).  The postman was cool, too. Smiley

I have another Jalapeño on order that I placed a month after this one, so hopefully I'll see it "soon."  My single I ordered I probably won't see for a while. 

I'm slightly miffed I missed the bitcoin boom once the Avalon asics hit the network, but oh well, I maybe can finally "retire" my Radeon 7970s and start gaming again Smiley

Sell it now! Buy 20 to 25 BTC with the money you get for the Jalapeno. That is what I did. (Sold Jalapeno but did not buy BTC yet.)

For random acts of kindness donations to me:
1NXNnVYnfmgWUyzGCsngbwyHQbSJGV4wCV
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 09:30:00 AM

I am not as versed in BTC as most around here, so forgive me if my next statement is ignorant.
So you sue BFL and win. What do you get?
As stated above they defend themselves with your money.
But whats to keep them from not keeping all their monies in fiat. It could all be dispersed into the great bitcoin universe where you will never see anything.
Company files Chapter whatever.?.
Closes doors..
Big cheese at BFL may now have a small fortune of BTC to draw from over time i.e. comfortable life forever.  You get nothing..
How far off base am I?

I think you missed something rather important there.
They managed to build themselves a bank of rigs (Which they have been mining with for some time unless they are fools), with your money to fund it and to use against you both by raising the hash rate and as a source of funding if they need to defend themselves. 
You however, if you haven't got your box by october won't be likely to see it break even is this is anywhere near correct. :-

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

I hope it isn't, for obvious reasons, but it demonstrates how their delays and lack of deliveries has cost their customers.
So sad to see loyalty abused the way they have.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
mjc

Activity: 588

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 03:03:02 PM

I donated last October. 

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: