Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:09:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me in locking down my hacked account  (Read 162 times)
Dorkie (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:20:14 PM

Alright, so I was advised to come here and open a thread and ask for help.

My original Dorky account here at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=180234 was hacked quite a long while ago (more than a month ago) and now the hacker is communicating in Turkish language in almost every post.

How can anyone in charge help me lock down this hacked account from being used ever again?
Woshib

Activity: 938
Merit: 576

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:01:21 PM

I just banned him from Hdac campaign.
ForeverSmall

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:03:22 PM

I think he asking you money for your account but you shouldn't give him any , scammer is a scammer that can't be change , so if you don't want to lose more money just ignore him
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:26:01 PM

There should be an email where you can lock your account if the password or email is changed (as far as I remember; correct me if I'm wrong). Better post in Meta and sign a message then send it to Cyrus or theymos.
MURONDI

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:59:33 PM

just ignore the hacked account, it will make you sick if you remember it, better focus on the account you are now using, I also had an account in the hack, and it's very difficult to recover, even tyemos and cryus do not want to know, so I started again from scratch, Believe me, one day scammers will get a reply.
Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:25:55 PM

There should be an email where you can lock your account if the password or email is changed (as far as I remember; correct me if I'm wrong). Better post in Meta and sign a message then send it to Cyrus or theymos.

Can we change our password using with our email? Im just worried on my account ive logged in to my lost phone. I don't know weather someone use my account for dirty purpose. I need to know to avoid circumstances like this. Its hard to make a new account now when you're ip address is being used. Just lucky to have an account in this forum.
Dorkie (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:09:12 PM

Thank you, thank you, and more thank you to you.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 04:47:12 PM

Thank you, thank you, and more thank you to you.

ibminer tagged the account with negative trust as well so they should be unsuccessful in joining any other signature or bounty campaign. That seems to be enough for them to have given up posting since.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 2952

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:13:56 AM

The account looks hacked so I locked it. Here are the recovery instructions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545

otrkid70

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:30:47 AM

The account looks hacked so I locked it. Here are the recovery instructions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545

Cyrus,
Can you or theymos explain detail why it takes so long for you 2 Admins to recover lost/hacked/stolen accounts in details so there will be less new threads in Meta begging/pleading with admins about this?

Can you just take 2 Minutes and address this topic?

I've seen so many on here waiting for so long after posting proof of ownership of said accounts and following every detail of of the instructions posted by theymos of how to recover said accounts with it falling on deaf ears.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: