Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:54:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternatives to AMD Vega 64  (Read 233 times)
rumpel_tusk (OP)

Activity: 171
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:28:12 PM

Currently, AMD Vega 64's are a hot commodity. I cannot order or pre-order one on any legitimate website that I can find. I am in the market for this particular GPU because it has a lot of potential in terms of modding for the most power it can produce, and it is great for mining Cryptonight algo. I want to mine Monero on the majority of my GPU's, which is why I want this GPU.

I decided not to go with Nvidia GPU's for my first rig because I feel that AMD's have a broader range of capabilities in terms of algos and hashrate, although I know depending on the model they can be power hungry and very hot. I have decided not to pursue the Vega 64's for now because I cannot find them available, so my question is what is the best AMD alternative to the AMD Vega 64 for mining Monero and other popular Altcoin algos? If you have personal experience in this matter, or have heard things, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KaydenC

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 03:03:03 PM

Any Nvidia or AMD gpus have good returns now, even the low tier 560s. It's best to grab a 120 day ROI card right now and start making money than wait and try to grab a 90 day ROI card.

If you don't mind used I'm selling 2x Vega 64 and a Vega frontier now. Selling another 5x Vegas 56 in another month. Details in sig.
makomako

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

altcom Aa4DWXQjrcEA8gPBLkx6t9VgCuWoCo1myE

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:43:46 PM

Currently, AMD Vega 64's are a hot commodity. I cannot order or pre-order one on any legitimate website that I can find. I am in the market for this particular GPU because it has a lot of potential in terms of modding for the most power it can produce, and it is great for mining Cryptonight algo. I want to mine Monero on the majority of my GPU's, which is why I want this GPU.

I decided not to go with Nvidia GPU's for my first rig because I feel that AMD's have a broader range of capabilities in terms of algos and hashrate, although I know depending on the model they can be power hungry and very hot. I have decided not to pursue the Vega 64's for now because I cannot find them available, so my question is what is the best AMD alternative to the AMD Vega 64 for mining Monero and other popular Altcoin algos? If you have personal experience in this matter, or have heard things, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

This actually depends on what budget you got and preferences.

rumpel_tusk (OP)

Activity: 171
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:23:32 PM

Thank you.

This actually depends on what budget you got and preferences.
For GPU's, my budget is $500-$700/GPU. My plan is to work my way up to 5 GPU's on one AMD rig. Then later, I'll do 5 GPU's on one Nvidia GPU rig. Depending on pricing of Nvidia's when that time comes, my budget would range from $600-$800.
mombay

Activity: 299
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:32:09 PM

with a little effort for research, you will find that actually any AMD or Nvidia cards now are making good profits and quick ROI. If you specifically just want to mine cryptonight, there are alternatives in polaris based cards, e.g 470, 480, 570, 580. with tweaks here and there you can actually reach a quite high hashrate because AMD cards are good in cryptonight. For just under $300 each you can buy 2 580's  and have almost the same hashrate as Vega 64. For a cheaper price, since distributors tend to raise the Vega price along with high demand.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███