Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:42:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bubble burst  (Read 566 times)
lekam0213

Activity: 275
Merit: 10

We offer our Service

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:07:19 PM

On my opinion there is no bubble burst because of the high demands of stock with the altcoins that you are holding before. Even if there's really a burst but we do not really know when will it happen? so why holding back? Do you think it would be better to wait for its highest bubble and when there's a sign of  busting that moment you will decide?

***BOUNTY MANAGEMENT***
***COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT***
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:16:59 PM

Hello guys, I've been around the crypto world for a year, and I've enjoyed good profits with the huge rise in altcoins (namely Neo, Waves, NeoGas and Litecoin) I had invested in. I decided to cash out in the last days since, for all good or bad, prices are TOO HIGH right now and I feel we are going to see a general correction in the next months, maybe not in BTC, but definitely in Altcoins. What are your feelings about this? When do you think we'll be back to the old "buy and HODL" times, when coins were at a decent price to be bought?

Bubble? I think we are at the beginning of a bubble if you want to use that term. You bought last year super cheap, while now buying cheap. I think the opposit of what you assume will happen soon, there will be a huge bull run on altcoins, as we saw in first half of 2017, only this time it will be way bigger.
joexins (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:46:47 AM

Let me tell you that probably you did the most biggest mistake that you could do.

Hello guys, I've been around the crypto world for a year, and I've enjoyed good profits with the huge rise in altcoins (namely Neo, Waves, NeoGas and Litecoin) I had invested in. I decided to cash out in the last days

All the altcoins are doing x2 x3 since last week, you really missed a huge chance to increase your balance a little bit more.

If you are trying to minimize your risk, then it is fine, but why dont you put a little money in a few altcoins? I do not know how much money do you have, but with $1000 is enough to make some profit right now.

What about having bought 5000 Ripple at 0,20$, sold at $0,24 TWO DAYS AGO? And now like 0,75$/0,80$? Kill me.

Anyway, obviously there are many different opinions on the topic, but look at the charts. It's too fast and, most importantly, not based on solid fundamentals. If the media were focusing on, say, smart contracts or the tech behind blockchains, I would understand and support the current bullish phase. But no, it's a "Buy bitcoin and become rich" kind of public attention, and as we all know, the learning curve in our world is steep. Too much for the greedy general public, IMHO.
noloco

Activity: 210

BLOCKCHAIN VERIFIED PRODUCT REVIEWS PLATFORM

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:25:46 AM

Correction in altcoins means nothing, correction on what altcoin? More than 1000 coins, if ones go down others will go up and will take their place.

krayzie32

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:43:12 AM

first. good for you. I dont think this is bublle. blockchain are awesome. it can change the world. but marketcap only 400 billion dollar. same as Apple? So I think this is normal.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Good Bo

Activity: 204

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:50:47 AM

Hello guys, I've been around the crypto world for a year, and I've enjoyed good profits with the huge rise in altcoins (namely Neo, Waves, NeoGas and Litecoin) I had invested in. I decided to cash out in the last days since, for all good or bad, prices are TOO HIGH right now and I feel we are going to see a general correction in the next months, maybe not in BTC, but definitely in Altcoins. What are your feelings about this? When do you think we'll be back to the old "buy and HODL" times, when coins were at a decent price to be bought?

We can be back to old if we trade etherium, litecoin and waves.
I am not sure if we trade the other altcoin we can hold it longer just incase for the correction. Buy and sell if already high is good choice then.
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:08:46 AM

I dont think there is a bubble, the demand for crypto is too high right now ! everyone one a piece of it, the marketcap of all cryptocurrency is still at 0.5 Trillion Dollars, it's 10 times less than gold.

If it's a bubble then it will pop when no one want to buy it anymore and I am sure there are still a lot of person who wants to buy it

tigervn

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:52:45 AM

Bitcoin is currently accepted by the community as a means of payment, so this is no longer called a bubble. After the bitcoin was listed on the US stock exchange, the bitcoin has risen sharply then stabilized again. This suggests that the market is beginning to accept the value of bitcoin.
plataoplomo94

Activity: 86

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:00:34 AM

You can call it "Fear of missing out", many people are investing or have the motivation to invest in Bitcoin/Altcoin because they have the fear to miss out.

But i don't think that this is a Bubble, this is the Beginning !
It is like in the 90's with the Dotcom Bubble, some Cryptos will gone, but the best will stay.

The whole Cryptocurrency platform is going to grow extremely.
You have to think about this:
Around 200 trillion US dollars are invested in equities, bonds, gold and cash worldwide. If only two percent of it goes in cryptocurrency, that's four trillion dollars. So far, the combined value of virtual currencies has reached hundreds of billions of dollars.

I would say we are at the beginning, Bitcoin will reach easily the next years (even if not in 2018) 100.000$.
Only the "good" or innovative Cryptocurrencies will survive, so i think, many Cryptocurrencies will Die, but before that happens, make your Money and say Goodbye haha Cheesy

MarconyGL

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

https://saturn.black

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:11:09 AM

In vain until everything is stable and do not worry. Yes, after the new year, something must happen, but judging by the trend, bitcoin will drop, but the alts will try to seize the leadership. So it's better to invest more in the same lightcoin or ether.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:32:59 AM

Only the non-crypto investors and mainstream media are talking of crypto bubble.
Most people still do not even know about this sector so still long time to go to form a
 bubble and burst.
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:45:48 AM

Only the non-crypto investors and mainstream media are talking of crypto bubble.
Most people still do not even know about this sector so still long time to go to form a
 bubble and burst.

Exactly! As long as mainstream media is talking about a bubble we can be sure that we are not in one yet. I go by: do the opposit of what mainstream media suggests, and you will do just fine!

For me there are no signs of a bubble yet. When we can see a consensus about high pricing throughout the globe and mainstream media talking about everything is all right, then we are likely in a bubble that is about to burst. But as long as its still infuriating everyone, we are not there yet.
joexins (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:02:28 AM

bubble and burst.

Exactly! As long as mainstream media is talking about a bubble we can be sure that we are not in one yet. I go by: do the opposit of what mainstream media suggests, and you will do just fine!

For me there are no signs of a bubble yet. When we can see a consensus about high pricing throughout the globe and mainstream media talking about everything is all right, then we are likely in a bubble that is about to burst. But as long as its still infuriating everyone, we are not there yet.

That's a solid point too.
Bybox

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:34:10 PM

Personally I dont care about people that talk about bubble because I believe in cryptocurrency. I dont think people will leave Bitcoin after the bubble. And most of the people that talk about bubble missed the Bitcoin pump or didnt invest in Bitcoin back in 2016 so they are just jealous about people that invest in Bitcoin earlier and call Bitcoin scam or talking about bubble. I also believe the Bitcoin price is very high right now but it is nothing compare the stock market.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:10:34 PM

Personally I dont care about people that talk about bubble because I believe in cryptocurrency. I dont think people will leave Bitcoin after the bubble. And most of the people that talk about bubble missed the Bitcoin pump or didnt invest in Bitcoin back in 2016 so they are just jealous about people that invest in Bitcoin earlier and call Bitcoin scam or talking about bubble. I also believe the Bitcoin price is very high right now but it is nothing compare the stock market.

Well I'll give you that, I didn't invest in Bitcoin in 2016, I did however invest in 2014 if that's worth anything...
I don't call bitcoin a scam, I do think it's in a bubble though.  I don't know how much higher this bubble will go, but it certainly looks like it will be tether than pops the bubble at the end of the day.

I also think that Bitcoin is failing very badly at being what it was supposed to be. I don't recall reading Satoshi talking about pumping the price and early adopter getting rich. I don't remember hearing about how mining will be centralized and incredibly ineffient and wasteful. I don't remember hearing that Bitcoin will be useless as an everyday currency due to $10+ transaction fees, if you only have 1 input.  I'd like Bitcoin to suceed, but also do what it is supposed to do. I feel like it is my saying nowadays: Bitcoin is great, until you want to use it.
yrsat

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:55:22 PM

People who do not have anything to do with and do not know about cryptanotes do not believe that this is a bubble. They are afraid of a new future.
ApehaFan777

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:57:37 PM

This buble will burst for sure. The only question is when. Because such growth is insane!! Like 100% in 24 hour - previous year it was insane pump but now it is smth ordinar
Raist

Merit: 102

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:34:10 PM

Hi. You have called crypto market (or current situation) a bubble. Please consider this: about 90% money invested in crypto world are the money of Alice and Bob,
while 90% of dotcom bubble were from companies. If companies enter this market it will explode in a year, nobody can satisfy the appetites of these cannibals. Companies cannot enter the market without regulations. Regulations will blow the market. Stalemate situation. Predators want to devour a sheep and can not - it evaporate.
Fileiro

Activity: 134

quarkchain.io

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:42:43 PM

I don't know how many of you guys were around during the great recession, but the current bull market in equities is the most hated in history, and was born out of the carnage from that crisis.

I can't count the times when I've read some pundit call the top and declare that the bear is coming and look where we are now in all of the indices.. New ATHs being set almost daily.

The bull market in cryptocurrencies is a NEW BULL! Yes, it's scary to watch BTC go from 1000$ in the beginning of this year to over 20,000$, but just because it scares you, doesn't mean it can't go up 10-20-30 times from here.

Bull markets die when everybody is in. Is everybody in?

Does your barber or your granny talk to you about their latest investment in privacy coins 'because they're the future'?

This bull is a mere CALF, I tell you, and a golden one too...
Raist

Merit: 102

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:02:36 PM

"Does your barber or your granny talk to you about their latest investment in privacy coins 'because they're the future'?"

Absolutely, that's the point. Despite private investors money are nearly the same as they were during dotcom bubble, not them cause the bubble explosion. That was companies! Pension funds, investment groups, hedge funds lot of those. Now they can not go in! It is illegal. If they are in we have "final countdown" because they we blow this market away - nobody can stop them.
There is one more point - dotcom was mostly US and internet adoption was 2 times lower 18 years ago. I was there Karl Grin. I remember.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: