Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:03:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin  (Read 102740 times)
hathmill

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 02:30:53 PM

Lets see, if people are afraid GPU will kill XPM they will sell now, so then I will be able to get a whole lot of XPM for my 1 BTC. Then again, LTC is going up slowly against BTC so I might be better off keeping my LTC, then selling it for BTC to buy XPM. Then again XPM is going up against LTC, so perhaps selling LTC for BTC to buy XPM when price crashes because everyone will sell XPM because there is a GPU mining software might be a good idea. Hm, then again if difficulty goes down because price is crashing, I might as well just mine it with my CPU, but whats the point if prime goes down the crapper because GPU killed it. But perhaps it wont kill it, and if difficulty goes down AND I have a GPU miner myself one week in advance I might reeking in a whole lot more XPM on mining then I would get from buying. Then again difficulty might not go down so much and XPM might not crash and then I might be better of buying this GPU mining sw.

But, I also have to have to deduct the Litecoins I will no longer be mining. Then again, I presume a whole lot of people will stop mining Litecoins in favor of Primes so then its better to be first. So I guess I should donate 1 BTC and probably since Litecoins will go down the drain because of this, I should sell my LTC, to buy 1 BTC to donate.

Hm, maybe I will just wait and see what happens and donate 1 day before release of code to people that donated, that way I will be sure that I did not donate in vain. Then again, what kind of a crappy support would that be.

Also what is the moral implications of doing this? Before I do _anything_ I have to ask reddit for advice.

Oh wait... BTC is dropping like a stone and is almost worth nothing compared to what I already have invested, but have stored in USD because I thought it would drop. So all of this thinking was just totally unnecessary and why not help kill XPM just as I am killing Litecoins with the GPU miner I have running there.

Yeah, primecoins cool so I am going to help bring it down and crush it by donating a few Litecoins in Bitcoins.

Hope this was of help for everyone else who have a hard time making up their mind.  Kiss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BazkieBumpercar

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 03:37:36 PM

Oh my god hathmill MY HEAD IS SPINNING
busminer

Activity: 1764
Merit: 570

Twitter\X @AlexKosa1

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 03:37:50 PM

id ee87ffb4fb11fb646abbd2d1dd50b3c338982fb86bb25fea111e5500f501cb3c

craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 03:43:24 PM

Small progress report time!

Most of the first day was spent setting up the dev environment... libblkmaker doesn't compile under Visual Studio, I had to move to use MinGW for everything. Everything's fine though. This was predictable, and didn't delay development.

I am excited for the finished product  Smiley
pollard86

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 05:25:01 PM

Small progress report time!

Most of the first day was spent setting up the dev environment... libblkmaker doesn't compile under Visual Studio, I had to move to use MinGW for everything. Everything's fine though. This was predictable, and didn't delay development.

Nice! Just ordered 7950 Smiley
hathmill

Activity: 186

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 05:52:00 PM

Oh my god hathmill MY HEAD IS SPINNING

Yes I know, its crazy difficult deciding on things. I can go on and on about this things. Eventually I decided on donating 1 BTC and if price crashes I will buy more. I seriously think that this coin will be viewed by people outside of the cryptocoin world as a "mature" coin with added value. I can see science people pushing for it and hey that will bring some legitimacy to it along with the inflation side of the coin that I think could help with the fee structure in Bitcoin that I have less faith in plus it is more aligned with the kind of economics that most people are accustomed to further legitimacy. Well, at least that is my bet on what people in the cryptocoin sphere is betting on. Since I think that btc will go down further I think that some will even view primecoin as a hedge against BTC, something that Litecoins fail at. Also this is the kind of coin that will get the attention of the broader coinsphere and as you get network effect going you get price appreciation and then you get bubbles, volatility and much trading opportunities. This in a coin that is still so cheap that you can get a lot of them for little. Because of all of the above I think we will see a speedier merchant adoption. Yes for sure Primecoin will dominate until Zerocoin goes online. Zerocoin, if its properly implemented, is the killer coin that will kill all other coins, especially if it has a proof of work that is difficult to instamine (I would personally go for a combination of scrypt+primecoin since that would make it difficult for asics and still bring bring that something extra bonus to the science geeks). Yea that my wet dream, short Btc, long Prime, short Primes long zerocoin and then bet _all of the money_ on Litecoin being introduced on mtgox.
broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 06:50:30 PM

Its kind of silly that not only would you advertise that you are working on a GPU miner for primecoin, but also that people would donate for one to be made. This will defeat the whole concept of Primecoin, and the value will plummet

BS! Hydro as always you spew feces out of every orifice on your body. Having the ability to mine XPM with a GPU will greatly open the market up for people who do not own a fucking server farm, gimpo!

Hugs & Kisses  Kiss

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
pavimus

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 08:56:50 PM

mtrlt, GPU miner will be cgminer fork, or separate program like reaper, or you'll integrate opencl mining direclty into wallet?
ReCat

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 09:30:02 PM

Its kind of silly that not only would you advertise that you are working on a GPU miner for primecoin, but also that people would donate for one to be made. This will defeat the whole concept of Primecoin, and the value will plummet

BS! Hydro as always you spew feces out of every orifice on your body. Having the ability to mine XPM with a GPU will greatly open the market up for people who do not own a fucking server farm, gimpo!

Hugs & Kisses  Kiss

bro....

i'm mining 10 dollars a DAY minimum on a $130 rack server

my two 7870's only mine 1 dollar a day with LTC and the most optimized cgminer settings ever...

profitability with GPU's will fall through the floor

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:23:04 PM

Hugs & Kisses  Kiss

And along with it, it will open up the door to people with huge GPU farms.

There'll be no difference except now the GPU farms will dominate.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:26:47 PM

Yeah. Peasants will prevail, as... as... They should always have ?

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 05:29:37 AM

Hugs & Kisses  Kiss

bro....

i'm mining 10 dollars a DAY minimum on a $130 rack server

my two 7870's only mine 1 dollar a day with LTC and the most optimized cgminer settings ever...

profitability with GPU's will fall through the floor
But what happens when I start mining with an 10k $ GPU farm  Huh  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
eCoinomist

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 06:12:50 AM

How about this elegant farm?

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 06:16:41 AM

Well maybe mining can become a seasonal activity, people stuck with winter turn on their farms, people on the summer side get to turn theirs off and go on vacation. (Maybe to their winter-side retreat where they can continue to enjoy the sweet, reassuring music of rig fans...)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 06:25:52 AM

How about this elegant farm?

Where do I order this without the hardware? :3

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 07:47:15 AM

It's ecoinomist's own custom build; http://ecoinomist.com/weather-proof-gpu-litecoin-mining-rig-pictures Really great looking cases I might add.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 08:00:15 AM

It's ecoinomist's own custom build; http://ecoinomist.com/weather-proof-gpu-litecoin-mining-rig-pictures Really great looking cases I might add.
Lol there was a link before the image I know dat  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
innovation

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 08:36:56 AM

Nice, will donate one bitcoin when I get home.

Yes, I will donate 1.1 btc after 8 hrs. PM has been send.
Stalast

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:59:26 PM

Lets see, if people are afraid GPU will kill XPM they will sell now, so then I will be able to get a whole lot of XPM for my 1 BTC. Then again, LTC is going up slowly against BTC so I might be better off keeping my LTC, then selling it for BTC to buy XPM. Then again XPM is going up against LTC, so perhaps selling LTC for BTC to buy XPM when price crashes because everyone will sell XPM because there is a GPU mining software might be a good idea. Hm, then again if difficulty goes down because price is crashing, I might as well just mine it with my CPU, but whats the point if prime goes down the crapper because GPU killed it. But perhaps it wont kill it, and if difficulty goes down AND I have a GPU miner myself one week in advance I might reeking in a whole lot more XPM on mining then I would get from buying. Then again difficulty might not go down so much and XPM might not crash and then I might be better of buying this GPU mining sw.

wat
Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:33:51 PM

Hugs & Kisses  Kiss

And along with it, it will open up the door to people with huge GPU farms.

There'll be no difference except now the GPU farms will dominate.

Yeah I'm probably wrong, hash rate won't go up, diff won't sky rocket and it won't get dumped into Oblivion. That never happens to Crypto currencies.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: