Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:37:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES on being the fastest blockchain in the world?  (Read 480 times)
Talbot49 (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:11:49 PM

Hey guys,

I'm not a tech guy at all, so I wanted to get your opinion on the recent tweet of WAVES: https://twitter.com/wavesplatform/status/941324329773649920

Scrolling through the comments, alot of people seem to think that it's a lie, even with the activation of the NG algorithm..

I invested in Waves after reading on various places how promising it was, but to make such a big statement when it's not true doesn't seem that wise to me..

Also they have removed their message on their support site about putting ETH withdrawal on hold, but it is still impossible to withdraw.

And the price is dropping too.

Yall still bullish on WAVES?
Talbot49 (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:43:42 PM

bump Grin
SNS

Activity: 516
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:54:35 PM

Waves are a big marketing bubble. This is not quite a decentralized exchange and it is not the fastest blockchain in the world. But people believe in official statements and buy.
Talbot49 (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:02:43 PM

Waves are a big marketing bubble. This is not quite a decentralized exchange and it is not the fastest blockchain in the world. But people believe in official statements and buy.

Well people don't seem to buy it that much these last days even with the claims they make.. They say they are starting to process ETH withdrawal again now, which is good.. they don't have the fastest withdrawal process in the world though that's for sure  Undecided
Spoop

Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:13:50 PM

Could someone explain to me all the fuzz about WAVES? Did all the interest purely come about because of an official statement?
PonzyManCrazyLiar

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 09:14:26 PM

waves is good coin
include open service decentralized exchange, but iam not understant much dev and all investor not interest use waves platform
although fastest transaction still not yet investor interest use waves platform

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
..1xBit.com..
       ███▄
     ▄████▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ████████▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ▐██████████
  ▐███████▌▀▀
  ▐███████
   ██████▄
  ▐███████▄
  ▐██▀  ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▐██
 ██▀     ▐██
▐█▀       ██
██        ███▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
...BET HERE...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
Talbot49 (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:23:57 PM

Could someone explain to me all the fuzz about WAVES? Did all the interest purely come about because of an official statement?

From what I heard they have real potential to become a real player in the crypto world and you can create your own tokens very easily, their exchange platform is great too, you can lease your coins for mining and receive little % of it.. I invested a decent amount on those coins but in the last days their team just looked a little goofy to me which I don't like to see because team behind a coin is a major factor.. They may be working on some bigger issues then simple withdrawals and stuff though I guess so I don't really know what to think
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 09:52:13 PM

wave has low tx and is fast

dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:53:51 PM

They started to buy waves a few weeks ago, maybe a few days ago, waves was not a big project, only that a lot of newbies are suggesting to invest in waves because they claim it to be the "next eth"

waves is fast, but it will never be the fastest blockchain because they are not even nearly to be it.

And the recent pump is just an iluttion, now it is at $12,80 each waves, it will keep going down, there is no reason to see this increase, it is just a huge fomo.

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:56:27 PM

I have read great promises since waves was in its initial stages, but to be honest I see that time goes by and waves is still promising to be the best of all the altcoins and to date that has not happened.

I even can observe that gradually has been displaced by new altcoins that do present interesting developments without much publicity. Waves has a long time that stopped being top-10, and I do not think it will come back soon.
SenSeiSoKo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:02:13 PM

WAVES is interesting, decentralized wallet and exchange but why the fastest? There are different tokens what are very very fast! DASH or ripple for example that are so fast
hookcoin

Activity: 67

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:05:52 PM

This is a very good thing of the Waves. This may be the reason why Waves has risen back after a long period of decline in the crypto market due to the impact of bitcoin. With its good technical background, Waves will become the world's fastest blockchain and its position will be confirmed.
Hamilcar

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:07:36 PM

I'm holding an amount of Waves but i don't think they have the fastest transactions. Many altcoins have instant transaction.

Handelion – Fund | Trade | Expand
Revolutionary blockchain ecosystem for co-funded wholesale trade
Handelion.io◄ ► White paper ◄ ► Facebook ◄ ► Telegram ◄ ► Twitter ◄ ► JOIN ICO NOW
hashshashin

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:10:41 PM

If you have WAVES - do not rush to sell them after negative news or price reduction, As I also think this coin is promising and promising. This is my personal opinion.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
DuaLipa

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:11:46 PM

Hey guys,

I'm not a tech guy at all, so I wanted to get your opinion on the recent tweet of WAVES: https://twitter.com/wavesplatform/status/941324329773649920

Scrolling through the comments, alot of people seem to think that it's a lie, even with the activation of the NG algorithm..

I invested in Waves after reading on various places how promising it was, but to make such a big statement when it's not true doesn't seem that wise to me..

Also they have removed their message on their support site about putting ETH withdrawal on hold, but it is still impossible to withdraw.

There is no reason to be bearish in waves. With waves NG update, the blockchain will be extremely fast, maybe the fastest one ever. This will make the price even higher than $14-15 in the near future, I'm sure.

I'm supporting and buying waves.
Talbot49 (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:12:42 PM

I'm holding an amount of Waves but i don't think they have the fastest transactions. Many altcoins have instant transaction.

They didnt say it was the case now though.. they claim it will be on 22nd december.

We will see I guess, I'll keep holding on to them until 2018 and see what happens.

Talbot49 (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:13:31 PM

Hey guys,

There is no reason to be bearish in waves. With waves NG update, the blockchain will be extremely fast, maybe the fastest one ever. This will make the price even higher than $14-15 in the near future, I'm sure.

I'm supporting and buying waves.

Finally some bullish comment  Grin

Thanks for your input!
Guli

Activity: 420
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:13:43 PM

Waves can be interesting, but in my opinion, unpromising. They go very long and their cost is incomparable with bitcoins and even with ether.
omitusaf

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:16:50 PM

I dont know how true this is, but i do know that Waves is one such coin one must invest in for a long term owing to its recent developments. I have no doubts that it would be a strong Ethereum contender in 2018.

omitusaf

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:23:30 PM

Waves can be interesting, but in my opinion, unpromising. They go very long and their cost is incomparable with bitcoins and even with ether.

They include crowdfunding which ethereum doesnt. They also operate on a proof of stake algorithm as opposed to ethereum's proof of work. So, could you pls state how it is incomparable with ether. I'm talking about long term value here, not current prices.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: