Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:06:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Setting up 2 antminer s7's in apartment  (Read 181 times)
Get Schwifty (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:00:32 PM

I am new to mining and just recently purchased 2 antminer s7's and want to get them up and running. I am using 1 off brand PSU for each miner and they are rated at 220V. Because I live in an apartment I can't have an electrician set up a 240 circuit for my miners. Although I do have a 10-30R 30 amp 125/250V dryer outlet on its own circuit that I would be able to use (30 amp and 250V should support 2 s7 miners). I have been looking into ways to convert the 10-30R outlet using adapters so that I can plug in my PSU's for the miners. If anyone has any good suggestions on how to do this please comment.

My current option that I am considering is the following:

From the 10-30R wall outlet plug in a L6-30 converter, shown in the link below:

https://www.bsaelectronics.com/products/adapter-3-30amp-10-30-plug-to-l6-30-socket-adapter-5ft

From the now L6-30 female end of that adapter I would plug in a  L6-30 Plug to 2 Way IEC 60320 C13 Connector, shown in the link below:

https://www.stayonline.com/detail.aspx?id=31859&gclid=Cj0KCQiA38jRBRCQARIsACEqIes04F6GVk0QNRTIGBA9XqlV46fxOPUGgrxAKqy3JAfA_EhgbMYW6JIaAnxBEALw_wcB

From there I would plug 1 of the C13 ends into each PSU.

My question is will this work? I know that the initial adapter is rated for 30 amps and 250V  but the L6-30 to C13 is rated for 15 amp 250V. So is that 15 amp per C13 plug or is the whole adapter rated at 15 amp? And again will this work?

-Thanks

VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:08:24 AM

NOPE. I'm well versed in the art of mining out of an apartment, S7 are loud as fuck. Imagine taping an air dryer to each ears. Other than that...

The best way to do it is to buy a good bang for buck 30A/40A PDU(60-100$ shipped), and change it's plug to fit the outlet you have, adapters and adding length, i would not recommend.
Rewiring is easy, if you insist on using an adapter, make sure its short and rated for more than you will use, more than the usual 80%. From the PDU, i had C19, so i plugged a strip bar that has a bunch of C13's.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:30:34 AM

S7s are easy to make quiet, but you have to lower their clock and fans to do it.  I UC'd my S7 to about 4 THs total, and set the fans manually so I got good temps and a slightly quieter miner that in a spare room running was tolerable. Changing the fans from stock also helped.
YMMV, good luck and Mine On!  Cool

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: