Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:37:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bull market - what to buy?  (Read 380 times)
SHBlizzard (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:07:41 AM

so i started buying cryptos 2-3 months ago, so far i've outperformed the market. but not by much.
With so many coins hitting new ATH, i am struggling to find value and i am scared to jump in.

What are some coins that haven't mooned in the last week or so?

i'm looking to put 1000usd down on one coin with good support levels

- currently looking at DNT and SONM - price is relatively stable, under ICO price (i believe? not too sure)

What are your thoughts? What other coins fit the criteria? (oversold/undervalued/etc...)

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
krazy89

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:11:19 AM

DNT , DIVI !
gon

Activity: 460
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:41:05 AM

One of the few who took a hit instead a raise in last few days is Electroneum, so it could be pumped.
Another great coin who will be listed in exchange /price raise/ on 20th is HEROcoin.
srqrebel

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:57:58 AM

Privacy coins are a no-brainer for those looking to still catch the crypto train.  John McAfee agrees: https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/941003398215761922

I have my money on Spectrecoin (XSPEC).  It is a (as yet) little known coin with robust privacy and anonymity technology, several exciting groundbreaking features (current & upcoming), a tiny market cap, fewer than 21 million currently in circulation - and it is still available for under $1 per coin (for now).  It did experience a rather dramatic surge today, but it is still well under $1, and as far as I am concerned, XSPEC at any price under $1 is a steal.  As the roadmap gets implemented and word gets out, this coin is likely to move up through the ranks very quickly, with a strong prospect of reaching $5-10, or even $20, sometime next year.

You can find out more about this hidden gem here: http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin
Join our vibrant and growing community on slack: http://slack.spectreproject.io/

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
SxC

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:09:43 AM

so i started buying cryptos 2-3 months ago, so far i've outperformed the market. but not by much.
With so many coins hitting new ATH, i am struggling to find value and i am scared to jump in.

- currently looking at DNT and SONM - price is relatively stable, under ICO price (i believe? not too sure)

What are your thoughts? What other coins fit the criteria? (oversold/undervalued/etc...)
ZURCOIN: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/zurcoin/#charts AND https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=391806.0

•   The best example of POW around is Bitcoin; perhaps the best example of POS is Peercoin. Both are the first-of-their-kind assets. In the past 3-year period, bitcoin has risen around 2100% while Peercoin is up about 170% by comparison. Clearly, by making increases in supply so readily available so easily to holders of the coin, POS Blockchains ultimately undermine the value exponent of the utility factor in the coin.
•   ZURCOIN is a POW coin that has laid dormant for 4 years; after it was purchased in August over a period of around a week by a single purchaser with approximately $250,000 in funds, and by other buyers following suit, the coin came to be actively-traded and showed regular trading volumes
•   Despite the relative value erosion that wallet mining can cost a coin, there are certain advantages to it. POS mining is more efficient and it is also cleaner and easier for the user than POW mining since it takes place while the coin is stored inside a Blockchain wallet.
•   By converting ZURCOIN’s Blockchain into a combined POW/POS Blockchain the coin will achieve scale dominance at the same time as retaining its value during the second act of the coin’s growth trajectory, which is set to be very large.
•   The effect of a higher probability of use cases for ZURCOIN will make it more attractive to ICOs looking for funding as well as to miners who are seeking to profit from higher prices as a result of the coin’s more widespread use
•   Zucoin.org (under dev) will actively solicit and encourage ICOs to accept ZURCOIN as payment for the tokens. This will result in a positive feedback loop whereby a higher number of POS wallet miners will do so so that they can switch the currency at any of the gateways that offer ZUR-ZUS conversions (M0N3X will be the first of such gateways to offer this service, initially on a 1-for-1 basis for around 3% fees always received in ZURCOIN on the transaction regardless of the two is being bought or sold)
•   Despite the huge rise in the price of Bitcoin, there are signs that it may become less appealing to investors as an asset to be held in any quantity largely because of the deflationary tendency of the coin. As Bitcoin begins to deflate in increase of supply, so its price begins to rise at an exorbitant rate. The problem with this is that it has the net effect of exporting inflation onto the rest of the Cryptocurrency landscape. This is because while a high Bitcoin price is attractive for those holding presently who wish to sell, it is significantly more expensive to buy in any whole (or even for some, standard fractional) quantity. Multi-fractional purchases are not appealing psychologically to buyers either. Thus, we believe that ZURCOINS POW-POS fungible Blockchain may be the answer to the polar opposite, but equally problematic isses that Bitcoin and Peercoin suffer from.
•   In the case of ZURCOIN, following the trajectory of both Bitcoin and Peercoin would have resulted in a 1200% price rise over the last 3 years; these are standard high returns looked for by Crypto investors. Therefore we see this fungible dual-currency scenario as being a potential solution to overly-aggressive value return and overly-aggressive value erosion see in POW-POS assets.
•   If ZURCOIN was to rise by the the same amount next year as for the last 6 months, we would be looking at a $400 price per ZUR.
•   As with many vintage Cryptos, much of the supply is buried in long-forgotten wallets, producing an artificially lower supply quota than that advertised on Coin Market Cap. This will push the price tremendously now buyers have come to seek out the coin.
floyd1987

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:34:40 AM

The main reason I'm interested in cryptocurrency is the ability to conduct transactions anonymously and to hide one's wealth from those who would rob you (whether that be the government or individuals). For those HODLing coins that are especially well suited to maintaining the user's anonymity, a global full-fledged government crackdown is going to be good for them; they'll end up with the most valuable coins as other coins become too dangerous to use. (Mind you, BTC/etc. could still be in use in such a scenario, it'll just be higher risk, I think, which is something that most people don't want to deal with.)

One coin that I really like that is going to the direction of full anonymity is SpectreCoin (XSPEC).

Right now, a thousand USD will get you a little over 1,600 XSPEC. Or, you could wait and see if the price drops a little. However, even if you buy now, in the next year I expect the value of XSPEC to soar, perhaps into the $1 or $2 range. Apparently I'm not the only one, either:
https://walletinvestor.com/forecast/spectrecoin-prediction

My recommendation is you put your 1k in SpectreCoin.
trainasauruswrecks

Activity: 135

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:43:10 PM

The main reason I'm interested in cryptocurrency is the ability to conduct transactions anonymously and to hide one's wealth from those who would rob you (whether that be the government or individuals). For those HODLing coins that are especially well suited to maintaining the user's anonymity, a global full-fledged government crackdown is going to be good for them; they'll end up with the most valuable coins as other coins become too dangerous to use. (Mind you, BTC/etc. could still be in use in such a scenario, it'll just be higher risk, I think, which is something that most people don't want to deal with.)

One coin that I really like that is going to the direction of full anonymity is SpectreCoin (XSPEC).

Right now, a thousand USD will get you a little over 1,600 XSPEC. Or, you could wait and see if the price drops a little. However, even if you buy now, in the next year I expect the value of XSPEC to soar, perhaps into the $1 or $2 range. Apparently I'm not the only one, either:

Honestly with the milestones on their road map set for next year I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 4 or 5 bucks.  It basically functions like IOTA with no tangle and  is completely anonymous.  Ring signatures plus Tor integration already exist if what I'm reading is right AND it doesn't use exit nodes.  That means everything happens inside the onion itself.  It just shot up .20cents yesterday.  Seems as if more people are finding out about it gradually as their marketing is shit.  It's like a word-of-mouth burger joint with no sign.  But the kind of anonymous burger joint that, within a year or so, has a line of people outside waiting to get a burger.  You know what I'm talking about.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
              Native TOR+OBFS4 ● Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon! ● Ghost Protocol              
XSPEC SlackTwitter  ◆ FacebookWebsite
tomwalsh

Activity: 112
Merit: 30

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:47:36 PM

DNT , DIVI !

Why do you say this?

Could you offer a bit of personal analysis as to why you would choose these coins?

I too am looking to make major investments, although I would like to spread mine over a broader portfolio than 1 coin.

tomwalsh

Activity: 112
Merit: 30

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:51:37 PM

Honestly with the milestones on their road map set for next year I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 4 or 5 bucks.  It basically functions like IOTA with no tangle and  is completely anonymous.  Ring signatures plus Tor integration already exist if what I'm reading is right AND it doesn't use exit nodes.  That means everything happens inside the onion itself.  It just shot up .20cents yesterday.  Seems as if more people are finding out about it gradually as their marketing is shit.  It's like a word-of-mouth burger joint with no sign.  But the kind of anonymous burger joint that, within a year or so, has a line of people outside waiting to get a burger.  You know what I'm talking about.

Can I ask what you see as the real value to spectre coin, other than anonymity.

It is my opinion that the market is moving towards Dapps with a real world application of transitioning traditional functions to decentralised alternatives.

Privacy coins, in my opinion, have had there time and will not be the biggest winners in 2018.

luppecuppe

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:59:44 PM

Viacoin is suitable for purchase. Not long ago a strong one made a rise. However, it can perform an upward movement again. Bitcoin is stable and can be invested without going up in price. It also has good resistance against bitcoin's upside.
turbulence

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:12:13 PM

sonm good buy

posw too

███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
        ▄▄███████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████████
 ████████   ▀██████████▀▄▄▀███████         ███          ███       ▐█▌     █████████████   █████████▄       ███     ███       ███
█████████     ▀████████ ▀▀ ████████        ████        ████       ███     ▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄     ███      ███     ███
█████████  █▄   ▀█▀  ███  █████████        █████      █████      █████         ███        ███      ▀██▌    ███       ███▄ ▄███
█████████  ███▄     ▄███  █████████        ██████    ██████     ██▌ ▐██        ███        ███       ██▌    ███        ███████
█████████  ███▀ ▄█▄ ▀███  █████████        ███▀███▄▄███▀███    ███   ███       ███        ███     ▄███     ███        ███████
█████████  ███  ███  ███  █████████        ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███     ███      ███        ███    ████      ███       ███▀ ▀███
 ███████ ▄▄ ██  ▀█▀  ███  ████████         ███    ▀▀    ███  ███       ███     ███        ███     ▀███     ███      ███     ███
  ██████▄▀▀▄███▄   ▄████  ███████          ███          ███  ██         ██     ███        ███       ███    ███     ███       ███
    ███████████████████████████
      ███████████████████████
        ▀▀███████████████▀▀

The Intelligent Blockchain
▬▬  Pre-ICO: January 4th  |  ICO: January 16th

ANN  News  Scene  Showcase
██  Whitepaper:  Bussines | Technical  ██
Facebook  Twitter  Github  Telegram

███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
      ███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
Despacito

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:11:34 PM

There are many coins. ADA, Comodo, Ardor, IOTA and others. What I fear is that they made multiplications in their price and I'm afraid of losing money after I get into them.

mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:47:59 PM

I think the two picks of yours shows your understanding of the market good projects with good team and currently undervalued (SONM and DNT), I will add MGO, Wagerr, Enigma and Status to your list
pencil89

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:57:53 PM

I think Bancor is a good project with plenty of potential.
RKh

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:41:35 PM

SPECTRECOIN
IT IS CRIMINALLY UNDERVALUED

XSPEC is the one of (if not) best and most undervalued crypto as you might have already noticed. Its primary focus in untraceable transactions
Especially, when v1.5 comes out (v1.4 comes out anyday now)

THE REASONING IS
It is PoSv3 so its rather fast - 60 sec transactions
- It has got stealth addresses that make your transactions go throught separate uncorelated addresses
- It will feature Ring Signatures from v1.5 on, that makes your digital signature of transaction signed by a person of a specific pool
- It is first ever coin (cept scam ICO TokeyPay totally copied our wallet from github with only changing logo) that has got TOR with OBFUScation4 integrated natively into an opened client. It makes your traffic appear as a normal one to a provider or whoever looks(instead of looking like TOR traffic)
- It has got encrypted chat function which is a big deal for privacy (would be more easy to use in v1.4)

GREATEST FEATURES OF THE PROJECT

XSPEC has got professional cryptographers (15+ years in the field) who made it all possible. You can join our slack and contact with them and start discussion no problem. As some people pointed out, there XSPEC is targeted to feature in Q12018 the best tech among its competition, yet the price is laughable compared to other established anon cryptos.

FURTHER STEPS
After the release of v1.4 @Brycel (a professional cryptographer and matematician) will write a document specifying how the tech works - we'll call it "ghost paper" Also new website is coming on the way, since present one doesn't seem to be attractive at all, and was done in a super short emergency timeframe, since the dev, who was supposed to make a website (@nullsec) scammed away at the last minute
REGARDING RICHLIST With v1.5 stealth addresses becoming default ones, cryptoID won't be able to tell anything anymore. I agree that there are lots of "whales" But it is because of ICO gained only 17BTC due to it was founded on ShadowCash. So you could get a lot for..pause...83 sats. Good thing that as a project was miserably founded, actual team doesnt work on ICO collected funds. Part of the development was made pro-bono. In v1.4 theres going to be a slider that lets you to set up whatever percentage of staking funds you receive from supporting networks towards project development fund (actual development + marketing). As you can guess it will help distribution alot since donated coins would fly on the market
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:20:32 PM

You have just replied to yourself, they are under the ico price, so why would you invest in there?
The only thing that you are doing is just contribute to those scammy projects.

Sonm is a good project, but it could not been developed because they did not even raised the 2/4 of the expected funds.

And this is happening with a lot of ico's at the moment, because they are expecting to raise 150 millions, or even more..

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
Akboi

Activity: 686

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:41:57 PM

I think Bancor is a good project with plenty of potential.

Not a bad choice. It has potential, it's still under ICO price. They also broke record when they made hardcap.
We can assume that they are still undervalued. You can buy Bancor. It would definitely be better investment idea than buying Sonm.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
..Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network.
.........GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )..........

.WHITE PAPER.  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
scarecrow2096

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:44:24 PM

What do you think about LTC ? It's likely mirror coin with bitcoin and way cheaper, it's going to have success over the years.
aragom

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:44:39 PM

the best chose is neo i think.

it is really good project and a good calender.

sonm and kin will be good at 2018 too.
Akboi

Activity: 686

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:47:40 PM

the best chose is neo i think.

it is really good project and a good calender.

sonm and kin will be good at 2018 too.

Is kin still alive? Grin
Sonm is not a good choice, but Neo is. You can also buy Neo.
Choose now, Neo or Bancor? Or split 500 each? Both have promises.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
..Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network.
.........GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )..........

.WHITE PAPER.  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: