Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:49:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitCentury] LittleFury USB Bitcoin Miner - Up to ~4GH/s! [CLOSED] *locked*  (Read 8934 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
digitalmagus (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:39:06 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2013, 05:01:34 PM by digitalmagus

NOTE: This offer is now closed. We have decided a better business model for us is to offer the design for lease/license. So if you are interested in this, please contact us at info@bitcentury.io.
For our customers who ordered our LittleFury USB miner while orders were open, we fully intend to deliver them to you, and are in fact targeting an accelerated delivery schedule.
Thanks,
Luis
-----------
Hello everyone,

My name is Luis, and I am one of the co-founders of BitCentury.io, a new Bitcoin mining vendor. Today we're announcing our first innovative product, the LittleFury!
Before we get started on the details, we'd like to officially thank and congratulate BitFury for achieving what many thought was impossible - A very low powered and high speed ASIC done right, all by himself, with no prior ASIC experience, on the very first try, and in a very short engineering time frame. *Pure genius* by anyone's standards! Thanks BitFury, without your ASIC, our product offering would not be possible!

What are the specifications of the BitCentury USB PCB/Board?

The board will operate at 4.5W to provide a hash rate between 3-4Gh/s, which makes this the world's fastest USB powered bitcoin miner!
The hash rate is heavily determined by the operating conditions of the device (USB quality, Thermal characteristics, etc). The device is powered and provides communication via USB3 and will contain 2 (TWO) Bitfury 55nm ASIC chips.
Note: Our PCB will be CE certified.

What is your price?

We are charging 325$ USD to cover manufacturing, testing as well as shipping & handling. The 325$ USD includes shipping charges to your location (aside from any customs fees which may be applied by your country). All units will be sent out via DHL, and a multi-lingual manual will be provided.

Only send funds from a full wallet that you can prove you are the owner of. If you ever wish to modify your order a signed message will be requested verifying your ownership over the address which sent the coins.

How do I order?

You can order on our website via our store at https://store.bitcentury.io

When will units be shipped?

Devices will begin shipping in November 2013.

What if I want a refund?

We are currently not offering any refunds relating to pre-orders from these devices unless we fail to deliver your order by Jan 1st 2014. On this date, we will open up refunds for users who request it. You will be refunded your full bitcoin payment to us. To be clear, we will not be mining any customer sold products for more than a few hours before shipping. The mining will be done for quality assurance testing purposes so as to minimize any chance of us shipping DOA (dead on arrival) products to our customers. The reason for the Jan 1st, 2014 refund date is that in the event there are any delays outside of our control for the November 2013 estimated shipping time frame, we will still have some head room to make good on delivering your orders.

Thread Moderation Policy:
1. Keep it civil: We welcome all respectable comments and opinions; however, any rude/insulting posts will be deleted. Let's keep it friendly and civil please :-)
2. "Reserved" Posts: People making "reserved posts" usually intend to make a detailed comment at some point. To be clear, we don't accept reservations for products without payment in our store. So, if you don't edit your "reserved" post after a few days with some content, I will delete it just to keep the thread more legible. Thanks for your understanding.
buzzdave
VIP

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 07:41:32 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2013, 06:11:21 PM by buzzdave

I confirm that BitCentury.io has purchased the chips required to fulfill these retail orders.

bitfury

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:42:34 AM

Reserved.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 05:35:12 PM

Reserved

ZPK
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1021

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 05:40:34 PM

reserved  Wink

Novacoin POS mining only now
BBQKorv

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 05:43:04 PM

Nice, how about adding a third chip to make it beat what Jalapeno was supposed to be?  Grin
That would still fit into the USB3 900mA power limit.
AFox

Activity: 539
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 05:43:57 PM

Delivery in November 2013 ... That's too late, even at 3-4Gh/s.

My lucky BTC address : 1LoTTerY3WYbGxVRHvh8oDudDdTxFvvqWF
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 05:50:20 PM

Nice, how about adding a third chip to make it beat what Jalapeno was supposed to be?  Grin
That would still fit into the USB3 900mA power limit.

We really wanted to, but the thermals come heavily into play at that point. It would need an active cooling system (fan). We have some additional designs on the table which we're looking into and hope to offer moving forward.

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 05:51:47 PM

Reserved.
titomane

Activity: 389

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 05:54:29 PM

Nice usb 4 Ghs. November is delay. But thanks for your work

digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 05:56:35 PM

nice i want one... Cheesy

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
dben428

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 06:07:11 PM

I'm glad to see product diversification of Bitfury products. Good luck with your product BitCentury!
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 06:38:15 PM

Nice, guys. We're working on a 2 chip USB stick too. We're still developing it so we're still not sure where it's going to go, but congrats to you guys. That's a nice price for you guys too  Tongue
Foofighter

Activity: 882
Merit: 547

BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 07:13:21 PM

very nice work guys! like it!

ex official Canaan Distributor (Cryptouniverse)
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 07:18:40 PM

Cheesy  reserved
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 07:33:06 PM

I bought 3 based on Dave's recommendation.  That said, I'm guessing you are doing this with October chips, but November shipping is pretty late for this to be a viable player.  October 25 Gh/s H boards are going for $500... 
turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 07:34:35 PM

would it work on usb 2.0 ? If so then what would happen if...

1. The USB 2.0 port can only provide 500 mA -- Would it work in reduced capacity?
2. The USB 2.0 port can provide > 900 mA -- Would this work as expected?

OrphanedGland

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 07:41:29 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2013, 08:01:32 PM by OrphanedGland

would it work on usb 2.0 ? If so then what would happen if...

1. The USB 2.0 port can only provide 500 mA -- Would it work in reduced capacity?
2. The USB 2.0 port can provide > 900 mA -- Would this work as expected?

The design incorporates programmable voltage level and current monitoring.  The device will work in a reduced capacity when connected to a standard 500mA USB2 port (I am expecting approx 3GH/s in this case).  However a high power USB2 port will give full performance.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 07:56:48 PM

Reserved

digitalmagus (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 07:59:31 PM

Hi -Redacted-,

First, thanks for your order! Our shipping time is dependent on us receiving October chips from Bitfury's business partners. With this, November shipping should be realistic for us. As for the Oct 25GH/s boards, I believe those are just boards without any chips, hence why the description is "For Hackers". Also, those boards are currently only being sold to European customers. You'll note David (USA) also sells them for October but with a much higher price point. I believe this is because those specific ones titled "Starter Kits" come pre-assembled and with ASIC chips in them. Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken though.
Cheers,
Luis

PS. Also for everyone else, just to be clear, we are not taking any "reservations" without payment. If you want to purchase some units you must order them from our store. People posting "reserved" in these threads typically means they intend to come back later and make a comment, which of course you can make at any time. People posting "reserved" who don't make a comment after a few days will see their posts deleted just to keep the thread more legible. Thanks for your understanding.

I bought 3 based on Dave's recommendation.  That said, I'm guessing you are doing this with October chips, but November shipping is pretty late for this to be a viable player.  October 25 Gh/s H boards are going for $500...  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: