Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:05:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of Ripple  (Read 1422 times)
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:30:18 PM

Promoting a fraud will get you in court.
A blockchain is a continuously growing list of records.....
Show me right away the xrp continuation from say, block 1000 to block 1100
As soon as you do that fraud accusation are of the table.
Low live scam promoter.

I don't promote Jed, he's a scumbag. He's an EX employee. Every firm has bad employees.

As for blocks, I'm well aware of the missing blocks from the start, JK even posted here about it
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=174854.msg2352658#msg2352658

Since caring or not about those pre 32,570 blocks is sorta subjective, I wont delve into it.
I'll just say I don't see it as an important thing (I'm open to hear why it's important).
In a respected tech company, when the chief technical guy loses all data not only would he get the sack, it would be career threatening, in Ripple he gets 1 billion bonus, lol.

Call me whatever you want, "words are wind", and name calling isn't solving anything lol.

Blockchains are nuke proof, databases regularly lose data, so did David and got awarded 1 billion xrp for it.
Convenient way of hiding sensitive data, just have an "accident" and is lost for ever.

In a respected tech company, when the chief technical guy loses all data not only would he get the sack, it would be career threatening, in Ripple he gets 1 billion bonus, lol.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kiir

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:36:14 PM

Blockchains are nuke proof, databases regularly lose data, so did David and got awarded 1 billion xrp for it.
Convenient way of hiding sensitive data, just have an "accident" and is lost for ever.

1. Without proof, I can't say I believe you or I don't. It's possible, sure, but before proof, I'd side with David solely on what I've read and heard from him in the last 2 years that I've been into it.
That doesn't mean I'm not open to changing my mind if proof comes to play, ofc.

2. If we say, for a moment, that that is true.....it still doesn't really matter to me. Now, let me explain.

They made coins, the plan is that XRP helps with the today's ultra slow sending of FIAT currency (among other (un)intentional plans and uses).

Let's say those plans come to fruition.
How does "Person X has Y amount of XRP since start" change any of that?
It doesn't change the fact that the problem is being solved, that the price/value is going up and that's it seems a good investment.

Again, if there was proof of that, I'd reevaluate my feeling about David.
Not sure how it would change my thoughts about the investment itself, though.
ðºÞæ

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:44:38 PM

1. Without proof, I can't say I believe you or I don't. It's possible, sure, but before proof, I'd side with David solely on what I've read and heard from him in the last 2 years that I've been into it.

2. If we say, for a moment, that that is true.....it still doesn't really matter to me. Now, let me explain.

They made coins, the plan is that XRP helps with the today's ultra slow sending of FIAT currency (among other (un)intentional plans and uses).

It doesn't change the fact that the problem is being solved, that the price/value is going up and that's it seems a good investment.

So you "invested" in fiat as well it has the same 2.xx% inflation loss per year. (2018 euro 1.73% vs xrp 2.05%)
Real cryptos deflation will eat shitty inflation in years ahead.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
Kiir

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:50:36 PM

So you "invested" in fiat as well it has the same 2.xx% inflation loss per year. (2018 euro 1.73% vs xrp 2.05%)

Errr, not sure how you got to me investing in fiat xD
Sending money across boarders takes 3-5 days, as we all know.
That is the (main) problem they are trying to solve.

As for XRP:

"Each XRP transaction destroys a tiny fraction of XRP. But considering the transaction volume and adoption rate, it is estimated it could take thousands of years for you to see any noticeable decrease in supply."

This was talked and confirmed (if we can use that precise word) long ago.

EDIT: If you wan't to talk charts, use the price from 2014. for example, not last year only Smiley
EDIT 2: THat's same as if I took a certain period where it had tremendous rise and post that. Irrelevant, tbh xD
ðºÞæ

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 01:01:59 PM

As for XRP:

"Each XRP transaction destroys a tiny fraction of XRP. But considering the transaction volume and adoption rate, it is estimated it could take thousands of years for you to see any noticeable decrease in supply."

EDIT: If you wan't to talk charts, use the price from 2014. for example, not last year only Smiley
So far about 8 million destroyed so lets 1 million a year, 0.001%. So 2018 inflation was not  2.05% but 2.049%
Guess what literally thousand of coins can sent instantly across the internet, most not even scammy.

Kiir

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 01:08:25 PM

As for XRP:

So far about 8 million destroyed so lets 1 million a year, 0.001%. So 2018 inflation was not  2.05% but 2.049%
Guess what literally thousand of coins can sent instantly across the internet, most not even scammy.

Not following you, I'm afraid.

You're, again, using 2018 data only.

There are people who bought XRP at something like 0,0006 (can't remember if it was 0,0006 or 0,006, but the point stands), therefore, if we ignore all the ups and downs, it went from
"Something like 0,0006$" to "current 0,37$".

You can't just pick certain, smaller timeframe to prove your point.
I can say "in these X months, XRP went from 0,3 to almost 3$", it had xxxxxx% growth and that is equally wrong as you using 2018 data only
bboyjohn

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 01:23:57 PM

It's not true to compare a crypto coin with a currency like euro. Within 1 year, all crypto coins lost value. I also do not have positive thoughts for ripple, I do not find the right to invest. it is a much better idea to buy ethereum or neo, i dont think ripple has great future Smiley

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Rogkim1

Activity: 262
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 01:49:12 PM

Ripple is just going up and up, what is the future of ripple. I heard a lot of banks around the world start accepting it.

What would be its price in future.

Ripple looks quite promising coin. And I am sure that he will have a good price. But I am very concerned that the bank that created Ripple has a share of more than 50% of the total number of coins.
Kiir

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 01:53:28 PM

Ripple looks quite promising coin. And I am sure that he will have a good price. But I am very concerned that the bank that created Ripple has a share of more than 50% of the total number of coins.

Ripple is not a bank or a coin xD

As for your concern regarding "has a share of more than 50%", please read:
https://ripple.com/dev-blog/explanation-ripples-xrp-escrow/

It'll probably open more questions, but that's good, right? xD
Correlll

Activity: 310

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 05:11:08 PM

Ripple would partner with a variety of different centralised banks and would develop its own technology further. I think Ripple is offering a good solution but it does not belong to the crypto currencies market because it is a centralised asset.
LUGHUL

Activity: 387

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 05:15:37 PM

Yes, many of the world's banks are cooperating with Ripple, so it's clear that Ripple has a very bright future. I predict that Ripple prices will rise to $2 in 2019.

▼ mindsync.ai ▼
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
△ Join now △
novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 04:10:20 PM

Yes, many of the world's banks are cooperating with Ripple, so it's clear that Ripple has a very bright future. I predict that Ripple prices will rise to $2 in 2019.
Currently XRP has gone up to No. 2 in coinmarket. In 2019, if there is some good news coming from banks and XRP, then surely its price will go over 2$

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 04:49:55 PM

I think that the future of XRP is going to be good, they have surpassed ETH once last year and I was quite shocked that this happened, I wasn't expecting that they could take that spot, sadly ETH has regained that #2 spot ever since the market started to rise again, though I think that Ripple will remain in the top rankings for a long period of time, that I am sure of.
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 05:07:37 PM

the future of the Ripple company and its coin XRP looks quite promising because the project shows real progress in implementation of their products.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
Gasolindance

Activity: 280

yamzu

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 05:10:20 PM

I had seen some posts about diyng Ripple like cryptocurrency. I don't know is it real true but I'm sure that now it is very perspective and one of the top coins in market.

whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 07:11:41 PM

I had seen some posts about diyng Ripple like cryptocurrency. I don't know is it real true but I'm sure that now it is very perspective and one of the top coins in market.
I am more than confident that the banking system will never leave the financial arena of the world, and this project is very strongly associated with banks and therefore will have prospects for the future.
naruto7676

Activity: 318

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 07:36:19 AM

Maybe in the next few months or years gonna be enable thru any banks and it will be acceptable ripple is pretty good too. This altcoins is more popular than others.
ðºÞæ

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 01:30:30 PM

I am more than confident that the banking system will never leave the financial arena of the world, and this project is very strongly associated with banks and therefore will have prospects for the future.
I am just amazed no bank CEO got sacked yet of failing to buy shittons of scam xrp. Banks are at the forefront signing agreements with Ripple Inc. and at the same time not buy a single xrp. How long will bank shareholders allow this to happen before calling for resignation of incompetent leader at the helm of the bank for failing to make quadzillons of profit for the bank. Can it be Bank managers had making money?  Cheesy

Kiir

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 01:50:05 PM

I am just amazed no bank CEO got sacked yet of failing to buy shittons of scam xrp. Banks are at the forefront signing agreements with Ripple Inc. and at the same time not buy a single xrp. How long will bank shareholders allow this to happen before calling for resignation of incompetent leader at the helm of the bank for failing to make quadzillons of profit for the bank. Can it be Bank managers had making money?  Cheesy

You, sir (and I beg your pardon if I sound rude, not my intention), have not done your research and do not understand what Ripple is trying to do.

Read up on xCurrent, xRapid and everything that comes along to understand the various services institutions and/or banks can utilize.

XRP is NOT being promoted actively, so to speak, it is a "bonus" to the ILP that enables users to save even more money.

Go read up so you don't post silly things Wink
ðºÞæ

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 02:15:37 PM

You, sir (and I beg your pardon if I sound rude, not my intention), have not done your research and do not understand what Ripple is trying to do.

Read up on xCurrent, xRapid and everything that comes along to understand the various services institutions and/or banks can utilize.

XRP is NOT being promoted actively, so to speak, it is a "bonus" to the ILP that enables users to save even more money.

Go read up so you don't post silly things Wink
I could not care less what Ripple Inc tries to do.
I do know they sell near worthless xrp.
Only in extreme circumstance Ripple Inc uses xrp.
95% of the time they have no use for it.

It is obvious you a totally clueless when it comes to cryptocurrencey. Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) is designed to sent from person to person without the need of a money graphing middleman. Thousands o currencies exist and can do it. I dont need to read up on xhocus pocus.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: