Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:49:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Wallets and updating  (Read 761 times)
Zhukov0 (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 12:53:51 PM

Hi dudes.

I've got some computers... and i want to see my wallets (bitcoin, litecoin, feathercoin, etc...) on all those computers.

So, i've to sync all the wallet.dat files (dropbox or with a pendrive), or i can just copy and paste them and connect wherever whenever i want??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zhukov0 (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:25:19 PM

Nobody knows?  Huh
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:57:02 PM

Copy/paste them wherever and whenever you want.
Just don't forget to bitcoin-qt -rescan

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Zhukov0 (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:00:38 PM

Copy/paste them wherever and whenever you want.
Just don't forget to bitcoin-qt -rescan

ahm that Rescan must be done always? so it maybe would be better to syncronize all the wallets?  Undecided

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:31:44 PM

I'm not sure, give it a try

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:09:41 PM

2 Things:

First, wallet.dat is where you store personal info, mostly your private keys. A wallet.dat of BTC is different from a LTC wallet.dat, watch out!

Second, a simple rescan on a already synced computer(by synced means that it have the whole blockchain) should do the trick.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:11:06 PM

2 Things:

First, wallet.dat is where you store personal info, mostly your private keys. A wallet.dat of BTC is different from a LTC wallet.dat, watch out!

Second, a simple rescan on a already synced computer(by synced means that it have the whole blockchain) should do the trick.
Apart from labels and useless data like transactions, how is it different?

Zhukov0 (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:34:42 PM

2 Things:

Okay, yes, there's the info of the wallet and all the addresses... but that's no info about movements? i mean, if i copy my wallet.dat, i use it on a computer where i get synced some incoming bitcoins, and later i use an older wallet.dat file without those bitcoins... i could lose it or it could happens something "bad"? or it just can get my real-time BTC wallet by syncing the client?
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:01:08 PM

You won't lose anything
The point of -rescan is to sync all the incoming bitcoins

Zhukov0 (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:13:37 PM

You won't lose anything
The point of -rescan is to sync all the incoming bitcoins

great!  Cheesy 

but teorically that rescan is not done when the client starts?
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:16:32 PM

Not the last time I checked with Bitcoin (0.8.2 I think)
I don't know for altcoins

DarkHyudrA
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:26:16 PM

2 Things:

Some of alts have a bit of difference, like a LTC address starts with L, not 1.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:46:40 PM

2 Things:

Exactly my point: a wallet doesn't contain the leading byte

DarkHyudrA
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:52:45 PM

2 Things:

And the private key will stay the same?

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:55:20 PM

2 Things:

And the private key will stay the same?

Yes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: