Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:22:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats more profitable Day Trading or Trade for weeks  (Read 450 times)
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:09:25 PM

If you are a beginner, chances are, you will "over trade" and will actually suffer losses than profit. I suggest you study a bit more about the market, then if you are confident enough, try both and see which one works best for you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gulliblehive

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:15:47 PM

newbie question whats more profitable for you trading daily(5% gains) or trade for a weeks like you hold the coin for days or weeks until it price goes up 100%-800%?

First off... 100-800%? crypto-bubble-spoiled-much Cheesy

The answer is actually simple, but the implications are not.

A) The smaller the timeframe on which you trade, the faster profits can compound and as a result the more profitable the style will inherently be.
B) The smaller the timeframe, the more difficult it will actually be to be a profitable trader with regards to technical competence while the fees will also nerf your gains significantly.

So... if you're a beginner, for the love of god, do not attempt trading at a fast timeframe, you'll be absolutely destroyed, it takes most people years of trading before they even get to the point that they're no longer losing money, and I know you of course wish to be the exception to this rule and perhaps you will be and the best advice I can give you is to avoid any timeframe under 4 hours until you've at least been actively trading for half a year or more.

This means that, yes, you won't be pushing orders on a daily basis, and yes, it means trading will not be very exciting, but it's a lot more exciting to make money than losing money. Once you've got a decent amount of experience and a solid sample size indicating that you're beating the market, I'd consider progressively challenge the faster timeframes, although after some time you might realize that you're simply going to be better off keeping your battlegrounds on the higher timeframes anyways. 
coinsontheroad

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:18:56 PM

newbie question whats more profitable for you trading daily(5% gains) or trade for a weeks like you hold the coin for days or weeks until it price goes up 100%-800%?

It would depend on your skill level in trading and your knowledge in choosing good coins to hold on to.

You won't know until you try. But I would suggest learn before trading and DYOR before investing!

shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:27:08 PM

It would depend on your skill level in trading and your knowledge in choosing good coins to hold on to.

You won't know until you try. But I would suggest learn before trading and DYOR before investing!
Finding your interest will answer your question OP, doing a day trade and successfully deal with it will bring a huge profits for you, while
dealing with weekly trading and gain much bigger if you are anticipating huge pumped, its hard to make a perfect assessment but if
you got good ideas then its possible to do so.

Lanatsa

Activity: 2814
Merit: 648

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:28:20 PM

You wont really know on which field you would really be effective because people do have different skills and capabilities on doing trading which we should really need to try on both field and tell the difference and you would really notice on what kind of trader you are which you do saw that you are making even more money. Either on day trading or on long term trading.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:24:25 PM

I have an opinion that long-term trading is more profitable than day trading, but it is not impossible for day trading to make a big profit, it's just that we should really choose the right time to buy and sell.

hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:36:08 PM

The best way to realize this is to make a simulation on paper... I already know the answer. HODL! Try to see how much you would have earned by doing 6month/1year hold!
I made a lot of mistakes! Just to put it one... 33 million XVG sold at 1000$ a year and a half ago.
arlington

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:55:16 PM

Well if you are good enough to make 5-10% every day it is definitely more profitable as you will be able to earn 300% a month. But we are not too experienced for this and to combine both holding and daily trading is the best strategy 
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:57:51 AM

Are there people making more money daytrading as oppose to holding?  Imagine a coin drops then goes back up to same price a few times.  The holder would not make anything.  The trader would right?
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:11:40 AM

I think Daily trading is more profitable than weekly trading because some coins are increasing or decreasing their prices at a short period of time.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Shanmatthew

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:12:35 AM

I think no one can say exactly what's more profitable.but both of that is good profitable if you try.trading is so risky to predictbut then again,to do day trading is depend on you're skill if how you're strategy is working.make some learn on you're strategy if its working or not.
Blue Bell

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:50:11 PM

Which one more profit depend on what you do on each method.
With trading, if you can read chart, analysis price, predict price... then this will make more profit.
With holding, if you choose the right coins, analysis news... then this will make more profit.
It depend how much is you fast in your work some people are using bitcoin as apart time and some people are using bitcoin as a full time so it depend on you if you want to earn on daily base so it think daily base trade is better than weekly trade and I will prefer day trade instead of weekly trade because from day trade you can earn fast and it can help you in your daily expanse but weekly base trade is also not bad.
bhadnaufal

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:51:06 PM

Weekly or daily ?
I think the most convinient way to earn is by using automed bots, instead of manual trades. so you can do it 24/7
kaysersoze

Activity: 220

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:01:25 PM

Trading is a shit, i dont know why there is still people doing trading, it is not profitable anymore, just buy coins and hold them for a few days/weeks/months, that is the only way in that you could earn a decent amount of money.

Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:05:58 PM

I prefer trading for weeks as I oberve the market I realize much of the pump happens after 5-6 days then suddenly fluctuates and drop and I think this is how the cycle goes. I also try trading using this technique and it really works for me. Majority of the coins pump and dump almost every day but at certain point they will pump hard and that's the opportunity to trade and earn well.
taktik

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:14:24 PM

I prefer trading for weeks as I oberve the market I realize much of the pump happens after 5-6 days then suddenly fluctuates and drop and I think this is how the cycle goes. I also try trading using this technique and it really works for me. Majority of the coins pump and dump almost every day but at certain point they will pump hard and that's the opportunity to trade and earn well.
as far as I understand this kitchen trading crypto currency, then every trader should keep under close scrutiny all that happens to his interests on the exchange. Only in this way it is possible and material good earnings. Therefore, one day of the week is very small.
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:27:40 AM

There are coins to tarde daily and other ones need to trade after weeks or months because their price is expected to rise highly in long term. But choosing such currencies or tokens need a good experience about trading and it is not an easy mission.
It really depends on the coin, but if you want, you see it yourself what could be profitable to you, for me week trading is good for as long as you still  look every day at the price of the coin you are investing at. You also have to set your own strategies and of course you can do that though your own experience.
Yup which coin you are going to trade is important and also don't choose shitcoin to make a quick profit. These coins once dump it won't come up. Use only reputed coins to do trading. Making a daily profit, i think very risky and not sure you can make profit daily. But weekly we can expect some profit.
Either you do day trading or you’re intended to choose weekly trading, you need to think on this factor. You just said it so well that shitcoins shouldn’t be having any place in your trading. If such coin comes in your trading or investing, believe me you will be just screwed up. So don’t just go so hurry for a coin that seems to produce good profit, rather do proper research and then join.
shahinurit

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:33:56 PM

When I do day trade, I like to exploit mass hysteria like the "homeland security" momentum plays a few weeks back. Otherwise, I trade the QQQ mechanically and look for price/volume breakouts on specific equities. I believe strongly trending (in one damn direction) days are suitable for swing trading. Grin
AmazingDynamo

Activity: 248

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:55:33 PM

Trading is a shit, i dont know why there is still people doing trading, it is not profitable anymore, just buy coins and hold them for a few days/weeks/months, that is the only way in that you could earn a decent amount of money.

as of now trading truly hurts due to the down of price everyday and no pump was happen so it is better to hold your coin until the pump will happen again and i think you can earn from it even a little or more .
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:16:47 PM

When I do day trade, I like to exploit mass hysteria like the "homeland security" momentum plays a few weeks back. Otherwise, I trade the QQQ mechanically and look for price/volume breakouts on specific equities. I believe strongly trending (in one damn direction) days are suitable for swing trading. Grin

It depends on why or when you need to trade your bitcoins the only best way is holding otherwise you will get low profit on this business , if you hold your money as bitcoin for a long period of time it will definitely be an multiple profits for your investment .
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: