Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:12:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TSMC says its supply of 28nm chips continues to be low  (Read 2514 times)
Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:15:09 PM

Sucks for TSMC then! Tongue

Good to know that ActM isn't getting much competition from there, since it uses Global Foundries and Fujitsu! Grin
http://www.easic.com/migration-to-cell-based-asic/easic-ecosystem/
Only see eAsic using 45nm for its own product.where have you seen it has 28nm infrastructure ?

Splattered on their front page news... C'mon, at least do your homework... Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
titomane

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:19:17 PM

So do you think 4 millions is something?  ?? Grin?
28nm process production line is something worth more than billion dollar .
Orders from those GPU and mobile devices is a incredible amount.

There are only few companies in the world have the infrastructure to producing it.
U think that compare those giant companies with ASICs mining companies who will get served?

4 millions isn't attractive amount for them, this what I considered .
I seemed to understand they were using Altera Hardcopy. KNC not who makes the request to TSMC, GlobalFoundries etc ...
Knc places an order  Altera . Make hardcopy their FPGA.

Altera is about to present its catalog with 22nm (posible foundries INTEL & TSMC)

SOSLOVE868 (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:58:35 PM

Good to know that ActM isn't getting much competition from there, since it uses Global Foundries and Fujitsu! Grin
Only see eAsic using 45nm for its own product.where have you seen it has 28nm infrastructure ?

Splattered on their front page news... C'mon, at least do your homework... Roll Eyes
Again,which news? I used internal search isn't finding anything related to 28nm. Embarrassed
SOSLOVE868 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:05:19 PM

So do you think 4 millions is something?  ?? Grin?
28nm process production line is something worth more than billion dollar .
Orders from those GPU and mobile devices is a incredible amount.

There are only few companies in the world have the infrastructure to producing it.
U think that compare those giant companies with ASICs mining companies who will get served?

4 millions isn't attractive amount for them, this what I considered .
I seemed to understand they were using Altera Hardcopy. KNC not who makes the request to TSMC, GlobalFoundries etc ...
Knc places an order  Altera . Make hardcopy their FPGA.

Altera is about to present its catalog with 22nm (posible foundries INTEL & TSMC)
I am not going to specific which companies,but I mean folks better be aware of this situation.
Jimmy2011

Activity: 589

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 04:49:24 PM

I remembered some statements that ActM will conduct a combinations of 65nm, 40nm and 28nm products. Right?
SOSLOVE868 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 06:05:58 PM

This is ridiculous,

Thread is pure FUD, anyone reading that article knows that Bitcoin ASICS represent less than .1% of all the chips these foundries would make.

This particular foundry said they have close to 100% market share simply because Apple is on board with them.

Go home OP your drunk.

Be prudent is always a better choice than taking risk.
Those ASICs companies said they will going to delivering its chips on October 2013,we will find out by that time,whether I am worry too much or investors being ripped.
Seems people are so essay to forgot what BFL did with them.
If you wish take the risk,that is your choice,but what I do is providing some information only .
Make you own judegement,no one will help you if you get played
SOSLOVE868 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 06:10:38 PM

I remembered some statements that ActM will conduct a combinations of 65nm, 40nm and 28nm products. Right?

Do not know about AMC,I just mean that demand of 28nm process is highly exceeding its supply all over the world.
I do not want to get involved in any thing like I am going to attacking other's business' goodwill. What I do is providing more information for investors to deriving its own judegement. Smiley

Regard
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 06:47:32 PM

From what I know TSMC's yield on 28nm is an industry high, i the supply remains low, I guess it is the demand is far more than what their foundries can produce.   It takes a long time to be able to ramp up production on such wafer plants.
Those Lucky investors will be burned like real cat on the pan.

Wow. Posting a 5 months old article here and trying to scare people away from investing so you can get more out of it? Geez, sometimes I feel like this forum is worse than Kindergarten...
You assuming that situation is changed ,so just let it be. I won't invest any of my BTC related with this 28nm conceptual product. However ,go google it or write a email to ask those very few companies have 28nm process facilities. Semiconductor industrial isn't like other manufacture,the cost of producing new 28nm product is far beyond those small ASICs mining companies' affordability.

Your're pushing the shovel too far up the tree if you want the chicken to cross the road without getting a case of athletes foot!!

greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 07:09:04 PM

Tsmc will most likely come to us as they are a partner.  

I think many of you fail to realize that even an order of 1 million asic chips is very small for us.  We do revenue in the millions of USD per day.
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 07:24:39 PM

Tsmc will most likely come to us as they are a partner.  

I think many of you fail to realize that even an order of 1 million asic chips is very small for us.  We do revenue in the millions of USD per day.

Who's "us" and "we"?

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Vbs

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 09:06:08 PM

Again,which news? I used internal search isn't finding anything related to 28nm. Embarrassed

http://www.easic.com/easic-contact/28-nm-registration/

The info is still under wraps for the general public.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:04:49 AM

More fun to point out blatant lies in their ads and website in my opinion. "Worlds first upgradeable bitcoin miner" . . Yeah. . If you don't count FPGA, AVALON or any DYI projects..

Roll Eyes
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:06:04 AM

http://www.easic.com/easic-contact/28-nm-registration/

The info is still under wraps for the general public.

Pre-registration and production... Obviously same thing..
SOSLOVE868 (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 01:37:01 AM

Pre-registration and production... Obviously same thing..
what ?   its same thing???  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: