Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:44:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin now the biggest bubble of all time?  (Read 2946 times)
dirham99

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:09:30 AM

The Dutch Tulip Mania is one of the most famous bubbles of all time, for the scale of the bubble, the scale of the collapse, and probably including the seemingly obvious nature of the bubble considering the extremely limited functional utility of tulips. Bitcoin has now surpassed the multiples of value appreciation at the height of the Tulip Bubble (and by a wide margin). While this itself is not proof that Bitcoin is a bubble or that a collapse is imminent, it's worth considering if there's a lot more risk buying at this price (currently bouncing around $17,000) than anyone on these boards seems willing or able to recognize.

https://i.imgur.com/s2WGkSi.png

Thoughts?

No, I think bitcoin is not the biggest bubble of all time. It just a crisis. I believe If the market demand and supply is balance. the price will stable.
bitcoindian

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:19:52 AM

Don't consider Bitcoin as a bubble because already we have seen many ups and downs in the Bitcoin market, we have to understand the situation of the market because cryptocurrency market is in a big volatile market, so last year the price of Bitcoin increases very fastly in order to consolidate now the price kept increasing or decreasing. 
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:23:17 AM

One has to be very sensitive about bitcoin now, it would actually be agreed to be the biggest bubble of the moment as it is also the dominant cryptocurrency around but if it will actually but which I don't pray for, it may be very disastrous and disappointing but the advice still remains the one should be cautioned in investing in Bitcoin for now.
weeks65

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:45:38 PM

The Dutch Tulip Mania is one of the most famous bubbles of all time, for the scale of the bubble, the scale of the collapse, and probably including the seemingly obvious nature of the bubble considering the extremely limited functional utility of tulips. Bitcoin has now surpassed the multiples of value appreciation at the height of the Tulip Bubble (and by a wide margin). While this itself is not proof that Bitcoin is a bubble or that a collapse is imminent, it's worth considering if there's a lot more risk buying at this price (currently bouncing around $17,000) than anyone on these boards seems willing or able to recognize.

Thoughts?
I think at the moment I can assure you that itcoin is the bubble and it is starting to break when it touches $ 19800 and the end of 2017. After touching the $ 19800 level, the bitcoin price is immediately plummeted by more than 70% in value and below $ 6,000. So I think you should trade short term bitcoin at this point, should not long-term investment risk will be very high.
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:15:58 AM

Many people who do not understand the blockchain and the bitcoin people think that BTC is just a bunch of code, which has no real "value", so some people think it is a bubble. And because of its spectacular rise and huge market capitalisation, it is the biggest bubble in human history.

And in the world, the currency has had purposes (including some illegal purposes), it is relative to the dollar and other currencies, traditional surely possess some advantages, such as tracking, multinational remittance poundage is low. So are these USES and advantages enough to justify it?

BTC is not a bubble, it is the future currency!
lamadu3

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:21:49 PM

Bitcoin can be considered the biggest bubble of all time with a certain further development of events. If people continue to artificially pump up its value and it is because of this bitcoin then depreciate.
However, if this does not happen, bitcoin may well develop normally and its bubble will not appear.

No, it is not any bubble. Bitcoin is the best and the first cryptocurrency. Still, it has an effect on all other cryptos. as for the volatility, it is the crypto characteristics.
7Dyoknga5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:40:15 PM

I think no. Bitcoin will continue to go down if it becomes useless to its holders or there would be a new player that offers better service or feature. Like what happen when google outplayed yahoo.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
soenaderecho10

Activity: 322
Merit: 25

“OPEN GAMING PLATFORM”

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:09:33 PM

I think no. Bitcoin will continue to go down if it becomes useless to its holders or there would be a new player that offers better service or feature. Like what happen when google outplayed yahoo.

I think yes,bitcoin is the biggest bubble currency because we know we canot predict if what price can reach the price of bitcoin and only we can do is trust on bitcoin because we know in the future bitcoin will continue to rise the price so that we wait the good price of bitcoin.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
lelylely

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:55:44 PM

Thoughts?

I do not think bitcoin is a bubble. Bitcoin does have an unstable value, bitcoin can increase and then bitcoin can fall in price, but bitcoin can still recover.

LaTishaLaToya

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:05:34 PM

Even the richest people on the planet bash Bitcoin for what it isn't... I bet they're just salty they missed the ride and wanna get on the next stop lol.
Emitdama

Activity: 1778
Merit: 328

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:35:51 AM

First of all, we still don't know whether the recent crypto craze is a bubble or not. Even if it is a bubble, the largest market capitalization ever recorded was around $750 billion on December 2017. Compared to this, the market cap of the Dot com stocks in 2000 was close to $6 trillion. So even if this is a bubble, it is not the biggest.
I don't care if the cryptocurrency is a bubble or not because as long as i am making money and i am enjoying what i am currently doing then i don't care to the other people if what is their point of view in cryptocurrency. I want to enjoy and continue doing what i love about cryptocurrency and for me, it is not a bubble because big companies are embracing cryptocurrencies.
It’s not a bubble. Don’t compare Bitcoin with other currencies. Bitcoin has its own history and Bitcoin is a revelation it will soon gain its position again. Ups and down are involve many times in Bitcoin but it will works soon. Buy it on low market value and sell it when it reaches on top. Its all depends on market value. Think positive about Bitcoin it has potential and will go again. There is no comparison of Bitcoin with other currencies its price is unpredictable. Future is all about cryptocurrency believe in it and be positive hold your Bitcoin and wait for the good market.
You can only know the exact nature of the bitcoin when you will be having enough of the information regarding this coin and that you have a fair idea of how things work on the world of the bitcoin. There is no point of listening to all the rumors which are being spread by the different people and that is just because to being down the market of the bitcoin to buy the bitcoin at cheaper rates.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 04:13:15 PM

To be honest, I don't think that Bitcoin is a bubble in any way. However, I agree that big whales and institutional investors try to blow the price and earn a profit by taking disadvantage of the mass maturity. Bitcoin is a technology that is still in the early phase of development and hence it might not be perfect at the moment and it would be too early to measure the success or failure of it. In fact, we should give more time for it to grow and see the results.
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:29:10 AM

yes, I agree with your statements above.
I don’t think so that bitcoin or any other crypto currency is a bubble and that is because of the reason that bubble didn’t rise higher or blow up after it has once blown. While in case of the bitcoin, even if the market value of the bitcoin falls, it rises higher once again after some period and that we can then have much better profit as well and that this is the real beauty of the bitcoin which is making it the best investment.
BagzMM

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:18:45 AM

Don't consider Bitcoin as a bubble because already we have seen many ups and downs in the Bitcoin market, we have to understand the situation of the market because cryptocurrency market is in a big volatile market, so last year the price of Bitcoin increases very fastly in order to consolidate now the price kept increasing or decreasing. 
Yes, i agree. Market is not in permanent state. Every investors must adopt the volatility of crytocurrency market.
_yoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:23:14 AM

I think if bitcoin would be a the biggest bubble, the value would be already by zero. And what we got now? Its always worth over 8000 dollars. Thats a hell of money, even when it was end of 2017 on twenty thousand. It was clear that the correction will hit us hard. So just be patience and soon you will se new all time highs Wink
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:24:30 PM

Really, I do not understand these people that call Bitcoin a bubble. OK, if it is a bubble, then how could it live for almost 10 years and grow all of this time?
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:47:28 PM

Yes, people themselves make a financial bubble out of bitcoin in that they buy and hold it in the hope of making a profit from raising its rate. By this they increase its price. The price of bitcoin is growing and its bubble is showing up.
However, if the price of bitcoin is relatively small, then you should not worry about the bitcoin bubble. Risky investing in bitcoin will be when it very much rises in price. Then the bitcoin bubble will have to be feared.
fredo123

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:36:18 PM

Careful in dealing crypto's, anytime it will burst out like a bubble, Be wise and strategic player because there's no guarantee bitcoin could give you good amount of profit. The history itself serves as a proof how trust worthy bitcoin to invest.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:38:51 AM

Bitcoin is not the biggest bubble of all time, but we cannot deny that the price at the end of the year was a huge bubble but now we suffered a crash and the price that we are currently seeing is in my opinion close to being fair, I really think the price should be a little higher but I cannot really complain even at the current prices I am still in profit.
Daseento

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:18:46 AM

Bitcoin is not on a bubble but I won't deny the fact that people explore the speculative ability of Bitcoin to cause FOMO and a lot of money even from people who have no knowledge of Crypto came into the market but now a lot of retracement have been done. We can only hope that it moon again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: