Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:31:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitArena | Online Bitcoin Arena | 48 Hour 0% House Edge promotion!  (Read 7818 times)
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 07:21:15 PM

House rake seems very high on this.  It's a player versus player game so the house takes no real risk kinda like Peerbet.  Peerbet takes no rake.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 07:23:30 PM

House rake seems very high on this.  It's a player versus player game so the house takes no real risk kinda like Peerbet.  Peerbet takes no rake.

Yeah, I don't like it either. I've played a few times, but I won't continue to play now. 7% is ridicilous, if I win, with say, an axe, I get quite a loss still, and have to win to make profit.
HollowIP

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:55:57 PM

Yeah, I don't like it either. I've played a few times, but I won't continue to play now. 7% is ridicilous, if I win, with say, an axe, I get quite a loss still, and have to win to make profit.

Doing simple math with the amount of bets already placed on the site (828) and using the average bet (0.04) it seems the house makes some decent cash off the site.

Also, considering this was a coinchat bot game first, was good credit given to the originator?

BTC-  3FofPhtcESndpyLTJTJEnpShdHgbN82pAz
Mooshire

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 01:35:12 AM

I second this. The fee was raised to 7% to justify the new prestige system, which from what TF has mentioned to me, with 100 points, I might be able to get 0.02 back. So basically the increased house edge doesn't affect people that spend ridiculous amounts on this game, but instead affects all the new people that want to try the game a few times. They could have easily left the house edge the same and still made almost the same profit, but the greed of the site owner and/or designer has put them off my list for good. It was done without notice except for the change on the side of the site in small text, not reflected anywhere on the forums by the owner or designer, only annoyed players. Your site's model may be "unique", but the original idea didn't even come from you, and you're putting a ridiculous house edge on it. Add that to the already high stakes, and I do not recommend this game to anyone anymore. It went to shit pretty quickly. At this point, it's basically a glorified chain game.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 05:23:56 AM

I can't help but notice my fame is gone Sad What happened?

It has been changed to prestige which you'll be able to cash in for cashbacks soon.

Regarding the house edge: Games like Minefield (standalone, on bitvegas, whatever) has house edges of 10% of more. None of the house edge changes were retroactive.

With prestige, if you play enough you'll get a house edge lower than 5% (what it was before) - the more prestige you redeem, the more cashback you get.
Mooshire

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:46:48 AM

I can't help but notice my fame is gone Sad What happened?

It has been changed to prestige which you'll be able to cash in for cashbacks soon.

Regarding the house edge: Games like Minefield (standalone, on bitvegas, whatever) has house edges of 10% of more. None of the house edge changes were retroactive.

With prestige, if you play enough you'll get a house edge lower than 5% (what it was before) - the more prestige you redeem, the more cashback you get.

You say if you play enough. Which means if you want a lower house edge, you play more, which means more money for the owner. If you play less and never cashout, the higher fee means more money for the owner. This was really just a move of greed.

Dumbo

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 11:10:03 AM

I am just a newbie, but my 2 bitcents here -
Being an aspiring entrepreneur myself, I might come out a little biased. 838 bets with 0.04 BTC average bet and 7% house income is really not all that money. It is infact only $200 ish. Also, from what I have noticed - people tend to bet with less expensive weapons, so 0.04 is probably not the average either. I would say, that at present conditions, I will be impressed if the site makes $500 profit/month. So you guys really shouldn't be saying that TF or the Pikachu dude is making enough.

The site owners are not getting rich off it anytime soon unless the player base increases. That being said, perhaps the house edge ought to be lowered to 5% or less for the early adopters. And a less expensive arena can be introduced for BTC hobo newbs like me?
Hfleer

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:22:00 AM

I am just a newbie, but my 2 bitcents here -
Being an aspiring entrepreneur myself, I might come out a little biased. 838 bets with 0.04 BTC average bet and 7% house income is really not all that money. It is infact only $200 ish. Also, from what I have noticed - people tend to bet with less expensive weapons, so 0.04 is probably not the average either. I would say, that at present conditions, I will be impressed if the site makes $500 profit/month. So you guys really shouldn't be saying that TF or the Pikachu dude is making enough.

The site owners are not getting rich off it anytime soon unless the player base increases. That being said, perhaps the house edge ought to be lowered to 5% or less for the early adopters. And a less expensive arena can be introduced for BTC hobo newbs like me?

Well suppose the site only get 84 bets of .04 BTC and the rake is 70%, would that be good also by your logic?

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Dumbo

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:50:08 PM

Okay I do see your point and  70%  is a bit too extreme  Grin.  If they do make 70% house edge, I doubt they will get 84 bets.

I am just saying that the site is not making a decent amount of money yet and until they do, perhaps a lower house rate should be implemented for the first 100 people or so. I don't think 7% overall is all that bad.  

Sneakily changing from 5% to 7% was bad though.

str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 06:50:00 PM

this is addictive lol
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:19:10 PM

I didn't read through the thread but has anyone else suggested a high stakes version?
vlees

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 12:33:17 PM

I didn't read through the thread but has anyone else suggested a high stakes version?

I would also like to see a version with bets >= 1BTC (or even 0.1)

BEEP BEP
vlees

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:14:36 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2013, 08:32:31 PM by vlees

I would also like to see a version with bets >= 1BTC (or even 0.1)

Anyone, feel free to challenge the current champion Cheesy
Wanted to try this this morning but nobody played since.

EDIT: Now people played. It's a fun game. IMO better than the one in CoinChat because the amounts are bigger here.

BEEP BEP
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:17:51 AM

You are no longer anonymous Tongue
vlees

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 07:09:52 AM

You are no longer anonymous Tongue

?

BEEP BEP
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 08:16:47 AM

There was a bug where everyone playing had the name 'Anonymous'.
vlees

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 08:20:19 AM

There was a bug where everyone playing had the name 'Anonymous'.

Ah, time for you to challenge the current Anonymous then to get up on top again. But I thought the site was from pikachujdc even thought the Inputs.io address we send to ends in glados.cc

So who is the owner and how can we be sure the owner does not look up the current secret so he can win?

BEEP BEP
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 03:22:15 PM

Wish I could play, but too poor..
vlees

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:42:19 PM

Then go to #arena on coinchat. Lower betting amounts.

Also, someone play today!

BEEP BEP
Hfleer

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 07:00:27 PM

Then go to #arena on coinchat. Lower betting amounts.

Also, someone play today!

I'm guessing you're the current champ.  Maybe they can give prizes for top several on the leaderboad.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: