Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:37:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ARG] Argentum || Secure. Rare. Fast. || Randomized reward system commodity  (Read 19333 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 02:51:50 PM

seems to be some movement rececently

yeah nice try
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeCrypterManiac

Activity: 550
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 04:04:36 PM

10mb block size.

seems this is Bitbeans predecessor, any more development here ?
cryptmebro

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 01:44:28 AM

10mb block size.

seems this is Bitbeans predecessor, any more development here ?

Unfortunately no. The team is currently focusing on DGC, with no concrete plans on Securecoin or Argentum, but they said they will support ARG/SRC.
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 04:13:05 AM

I still have love for ARG, looks like someone just picked up 16% of the market cap on cryptsy

fwiw i hold 50k ARG, left sell orders up, who knows Roll Eyes
snatchmonkey

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:00:48 AM

I still have love for ARG, looks like someone just picked up 16% of the market cap on cryptsy

I don't think that coin market cap reports the number of coins correctly, it has been stuck on 1471853 for a long time which surely can't be correct. The maths doesn't add up for me either given the block count / reward. I think it might be related to the block explorer which doesn't seem to be functioning correctly.

http://arg.webboise.com/chain/Argentum

Any chance of a fix on these issues?

cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:03:57 PM

I don't think that coin market cap reports the number of coins correctly, it has been stuck on 1471853 for a long time which surely can't be correct. The maths doesn't add up for me either given the block count / reward. I think it might be related to the block explorer which doesn't seem to be functioning correctly.

http://arg.webboise.com/chain/Argentum

Any chance of a fix on these issues?

I am not sure, do you have the wallet downloaded? Is it syncing properly?

here is the source if you want to try https://github.com/DGCFoundation/argentum

it really is mostly forgotten as a crypto. there's a block explorer hosted for DGC on digitalcoin.co now, maybe we could set a dedicated one up for ARG.
snatchmonkey

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:59:35 PM

The wallet syncs up fine, I've had some Arg sat in mine for a few months now.

It is a mostly forgotten coin, amid many. It would be great if the foundation could maybe do a little maintenance on it, block explorer etc. (although i confess I have no idea how much work or time that would require).

Obviously the Devs are very busy with DGC and related services, but it has been quite a while without any further clarification regarding the foundations intention (if there is one) with SRC/ARG.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 06:04:34 AM

If the block explorer isn't working then does anyone know how many coins outstanding right now?

Someone did some massive dumping this past week.  Saw about 200,000 coins being sold under 900 sat in huge blocks.  I remember trying to buy some a few months ago and it was hard to find just 2,000 coin blocks being sold so what's going on?

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 09:28:39 PM

The dumping continues and no comments from this community or its dev.

Very bizarre.

cryptmebro

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 10:28:19 PM

It's pretty shitty. I'm not sure the devs even pay attention to arg or src anymore. Someone else should take it over.
mrbodz

Activity: 800

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 10:31:25 PM

we've been very busy lately. Xawksaw is currently working on updating DGC to the 0.10 base. As cosmo pointed out there is also an arg 0.9.3 base. but i figured we may aswell hold off updating to 0.9.3 fully and switch to 0.10 when we get that done. Now as to what to do on ARG. weve no concrete ideas but we are thinking of ways to improve ARG.

Ahmed
cryptmebro

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 10:35:45 PM

we've been very busy lately. Xawksaw is currently working on updating DGC to the 0.10 base. As cosmo pointed out there is also an arg 0.9.3 base. but i figured we may aswell hold off updating to 0.9.3 fully and switch to 0.10 when we get that done. Now as to what to do on ARG. weve no concrete ideas but we are thinking of ways to improve ARG.

Ahmed

Great news Ahmed, thanks for the update. It's good to know ARG is still being worked on.
snatchmonkey

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 12:58:39 AM

Thanks Ahmed!

Arg recovered well I think from that dump last month, considering the amount of coins that got sold.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 01:09:33 AM

Thanks Ahmed!

Arg recovered well I think from that dump last month, considering the amount of coins that got sold.

Do you guys have any idea who sold all that ARG?  It was easily 25% of all the current outstanding ARG coins. I don't think I've ever seen anyone dump so much of any coin before.  Why would anyone dump that much at such a low price?

mrbodz

Activity: 800

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 01:15:24 AM

i've no idea. kelsey has been claiming to dump DGC so it wouldnt surprise me if it was her.

Ahmed
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 01:21:01 AM

Kelsey, are you the one who dumped all that ARG?

What about the buyers, who all bought that 25%? 

ARG has been around a while, it's at a good price now but it would be nice to know what's going on before buying any.

snatchmonkey

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 12:20:29 PM

No idea who dumped, but I estimate that it was more like 10% of current coins.

FWIW I bought about 10% of the coins that were dumped but have already sold them on... It'd be nice to have kept them but I already have plenty.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 06:30:08 AM

Another huge dump today, about 75,000 ARG coins.  It's crazy if you think about how much time, energy and hash power it would take to mine that much ARG, yet it was dumped and bought by someone for only .5 BTC.

What kind of whale would dump so much ARG for a measly .5 BTC?  We're easily over 200,000 coins dumped so far.  So someone got a whopping 2 Bitcoins - at best, for 14% of the entire coin?  A coin with ultra low inflation and actual developers?

This makes no sense.  In the year+ I've watched Argentum I've never seen this happen.  I remember when I used to rarely find maybe a 3,000 coin block at around 1,000 sat, that was a big lucky nugget to find.

This coin is simply so hard to mine and there are such little coins outstanding [with most being hoarded by die hard believers and investors] that finding a 10,000 block for sale was nearly impossible.

Yet now, for nearly 2 weeks, we're seeing massive blocks worth a huge chunk of the entire value of Argentum being dumped and being dumped near all-time lows.  They're not even trying to get any decent money for all this Argentum.

So...Anybody know what's going on?  Anybody wanna speculate?

Thanks!

cryptmebro

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:24:36 PM

Another huge dump today, about 75,000 ARG coins.  It's crazy if you think about how much time, energy and hash power it would take to mine that much ARG, yet it was dumped and bought by someone for only .5 BTC.

What kind of whale would dump so much ARG for a measly .5 BTC?  We're easily over 200,000 coins dumped so far.  So someone got a whopping 2 Bitcoins - at best, for 14% of the entire coin?  A coin with ultra low inflation and actual developers?

This makes no sense.  In the year+ I've watched Argentum I've never seen this happen.  I remember when I used to rarely find maybe a 3,000 coin block at around 1,000 sat, that was a big lucky nugget to find.

This coin is simply so hard to mine and there are such little coins outstanding [with most being hoarded by die hard believers and investors] that finding a 10,000 block for sale was nearly impossible.

Yet now, for nearly 2 weeks, we're seeing massive blocks worth a huge chunk of the entire value of Argentum being dumped and being dumped near all-time lows.  They're not even trying to get any decent money for all this Argentum.

So...Anybody know what's going on?  Anybody wanna speculate?

Thanks!

It doesn't make any sense. It's not worth dumping such a signifigant amount of coins in relation to the supply for so cheap. Insane.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 11:10:39 PM

And the dumping continues.

Does anybody know who has been dumping?  I've been keeping track and it is now about 350,000 dumped Argentum coins.  This is almost 25% of the entire coin.  I doubt any whale would care about 3 Bitcoins which is all they got given most of the sold blocks were near all-time lows.

So who is dumping?

And who is buying?

If you bought any of those large blocks tell us what you think.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: