Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:28:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is IOTA a cryptocurrency?  (Read 119 times)
Empathy9 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:38:15 PM

I’m still waiting to be paid back. Dominik himself banned me from the slack channel for demanding my tokens be returned. So it’s not ok to talk truths about iota. So, I’ve had to come here and I’ll troll his Twitter account. Maybe someday people will wake up and see how controlled and useless iota is.

I have been robbed( as have others) by the “ greatest coin in existence today”

If this is true this thing has absolutely nothing to do with actual cryptocurrencies. The very definition of a cryptocurrency is that one can not simple take away someone's tokens...

Can IOTA be called a cryptocurrency? I think IOTA is actually a centralized corporate network.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phalo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:12:18 PM

Iota is both a currency and a platform.. Yes its centralised because it still has the coordinator. Once the coordinator has been removed and the platform is stable. It will be decentralised.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:33:57 PM

Iota is both a currency and a platform.. Yes its centralised because it still has the coordinator. Once the coordinator has been removed and the platform is stable. It will be decentralised.

once upon a time

partysumo

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:01:16 PM

That doesn't sound like something which is likely to happen. If the coin's price increases and it has more value (meaning the coordinator has more power) how would this "coordinator" be removed? I think this person will not quit his job willingly.

Sheckley

Activity: 279
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:54:53 PM

What makes Iota centralized is the obscure ICO that they have has were only a little cartel of big investors have allegedly go most of the tokens and now they act as a cartel to keep the price artificially high. This explains the absurd capitalization it has.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
GuiDonK

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:12:58 PM

IOTA is a cryptocurrency designed for the Internet of Things. It's a innovative new quantum-proof protocol, known as the Tangle, gives rise to unique new features like zero fees, infinite scalability, secure data transfer and fast transactions.

I think it is a good coin hold for long term.
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:33:08 PM

I’m still waiting to be paid back. Dominik himself banned me from the slack channel for demanding my tokens be returned. So it’s not ok to talk truths about iota. So, I’ve had to come here and I’ll troll his Twitter account. Maybe someday people will wake up and see how controlled and useless iota is.

I have been robbed( as have others) by the “ greatest coin in existence today”

If this is true this thing has absolutely nothing to do with actual cryptocurrencies. The very definition of a cryptocurrency is that one can not simple take away someone's tokens...

Can IOTA be called a cryptocurrency? I think IOTA is actually a centralized corporate network.

Iota is non-based blockchain cryptocurrency. Iota use Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) that works like a side chain. but just use the direct transaction to minimize the cost or even reduce it to the zero.
Iota centralized due to not use the nodes just like what already did in the bitcoin. That use the server to has a role like miners.
namjar

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:38:12 PM

I’m still waiting to be paid back. Dominik himself banned me from the slack channel for demanding my tokens be returned.Maybe someday people will wake up and see how controlled and useless iota is.

IOTA IS A LIE, when are you going to understand this? I dont not get the point of investing in there, EVERYBODY Knows that this coin is a pure garbage created and based on LIES, nothing more than that.

The founders are scammers, they are banning every one from their slack, telegram, they just think that they are the real owners of the world.

Maybe they think that they are the new Ramses II because they created iota..

Dont invest in here people, it is risky, it is the "ponzi" scheme reborned in form of a crypto.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄