Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:02:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto hype and how to be ahead  (Read 975 times)
goovsy (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:54:40 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 12:09:12 AM by goovsy

Bitcoin keeps growing all times high...BTC

I think that we might have a house bubble situation of 2008. When everybody had gone buying up thinking that it is bulletproof. Relying on analysts saying that bull market is here for the next decade. There were people who kept chanting that it would keep growing and house potential is nowhere near its ultimate height. A majority of big bankers and big speakers all were seemingly convinced of it.

Then it crashed and everybody suffered. Except for few. Except for very few who analyzed it rationally and predicted the fall accurately. These few made huge returns by shortening the housing market years ahead.

I'm not the first person to voice a concern about the potential crash of "air currencies" (crypto). General advice from conservative consultants is not getting in and keeping it safe. But I wouldn't post in this forum if I thought this was a good advice.

What I'm really interested in is how to make money out of the potential crash. Those people who bet against housing market started doing it a long time before the actual crash. Years ahead. The big risk is to loose all your money while doing it. So I won't go shorting bitcoin for a year because that's just crazy.

But I'm keen to start a discussion to figure out where to put money to multiply them ten-fold in a possible crash scenario that will hurt 90% of other crypto portfolios. This bubble burst might only come in 6 months, 12 months, 24 months - nobody knows. But I want to be prepared to gain on it.

What are your ideas on how to play the edge and be ahead   Huh Huh Huh

upd. Ways to diversificate

1. Crypto investment funds such this one - CryptF:

https://cryptf.io/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07LBDmzgSuE  
https://t.me/cryptf

... cashout and put it in something less volatile than cryptocurrency for exemple by buying a house, or go back to school, education is a great investment in my opinion.

3. Your suggestions

liquidX3

Activity: 224
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:38:35 PM

How can we prepare for this? I think it can happen in 2-3 years but not now

EINC   ■■■■■   ETHERINC - an ETHEREUM FORK   ■■■■■   EINC         
DAO 2.0 is LIVE - Register your DAO Now ▐||   ETHEREUM HOLDERS ((   CLAIM ETI    ))
Whitepaper   ▲   Telegram   ▲   Twitter   ▲   Medium   ▲   Reddit   ▲   ANN Thread
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:08:21 PM

I think that we might have a house bubble situation of 2008. When everybody had gone buying up thinking that it is bulletproof. Relying on analysts saying that bull market is here for the next decade. There were people who kept chanting that it would keep growing and house potential is nowhere near its ultimate height. A majority of big bankers and big speakers all were seemingly convinced of it.

Then it crashed and everybody suffered. Except for few. Except for very few who analyzed it rationally and predicted the fall accurately. These few made huge returns by shortening the housing market years ahead.

I'm not the first person to voice a concern about the potential crash of "air currencies" (crypto). General advice from conservative consultants is not getting in and keeping it safe. But I wouldn't post in this forum if I thought this was a good advice.

What I'm really interested in is how to make money out of the potential crash. Those people who bet against housing market started doing it a long time before the actual crash. Years ahead. The big risk is to loose all your money while doing it. So I won't go shorting bitcoin for a year because that's just crazy.

But I'm keen to start a discussion to figure out where to put money to multiply them ten-fold in a possible crash scenario that will hurt 90% of other crypto portfolios. This bubble burst might only come in 6 months, 12 months, 24 months - nobody knows. But I want to be prepared to gain on it.

2008? Even the bitcoin released or fully operated in 2009. that doesn't make sense to see the bubble situation in 2008 and what do you mean about that? if you are worried about the crash and why not just to invest your amount in the bitcoin. because the crypto involved high risk and it becomes your responsibility to play in the crypto and majority of users were agreeing on it. All of the potential investment will be involved the risk.
Go to the gold as an alternative option for you. If you are worrying about the crash.
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:11:43 PM

I have been saying it all along. Only invest what you can afford to lose. We all know the rise is unsustainable in the short term, people's fingers will get burned and lots will lose out.

Please only invest what you can afford to lose.
genwealth17

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:18:05 PM

How can there be a bubble - what idiot what invest their life savings into Bitcoin. Like the user stated above invest what you can afford only.
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 11:43:12 PM

Shorting Bitcoin would be crazy, have a look what Antonopolus says about that topic on Youtube.

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
kristianbasdeo

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:46:29 PM

Shorting Bitcoin would be crazy, have a look what Antonopolus says about that topic on Youtube.

Is not going to happen anytime soon, not only crazy but may change completly the market.
srqrebel

Activity: 256

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:02:39 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 12:35:50 AM by srqrebel

I believe this is indeed a valid concern.  In the long run, a few of the best cryptocurrencies will survive and make it big, while most of the 1400 or so cryptos will be destroyed when this bubble bursts.  Those who hitch their stars to the survivors will do just fine in the long run.  So the trick is to know how to choose your coins well.

My approach has been to invest most heavily in the best (and most undervalued) privacy coins I could find.  I chose privacy coins because it is inevitable that they will experience a surge in popularity, perhaps even become the foremost type of cryptocurrency, as governments everywhere enact regulations aimed at imposing the same tracking and control over crypto transactions as they currently impose on fiat.  The more onerous and privacy-invading the regulations on crypto become, the more there will be a surge in popularity of truly private, anonymous cryptos.  So, by choosing that sector to invest in, I am increasing my odds of surviving a market crash, because privacy coins in general are likely to fare better in a crash.

Of those, I look for solid coins which are as yet off the radar and deeply undervalued.  This way, I not only increase my odds of surviving a crash (by being invested in solid tech with a strong market demand), but I also am positioned to reap huge gains in the event that the market does not crash, or goes much higher before it crashes (by being invested in coins which still have huge upside potential).

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
consigliere

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:57:54 PM

I believe when btc will be at its peak people will just pay much more attention to alts, why would crash take place if blockchain technology will only be adopted worldwide?
willoweb

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:16:10 PM

The main problem of cryptocurrency (and its friend,foe and lover) is the volatility. Without it, hardly anyone wanted to invest the money. For me personally, crypto a great opportunity to get a profit on the project to analyze can a person without knowledge of technical analysis. All the cases that track the news background to the coin\ICO, to analyze the team and the technology at the stage of project selection. On the classical stock market never like to double or triple profits in a short period of time. And as far as I know, for trading on the stock market need to be a professional investor and the entry price to the classic stock exchange is very high.

Kleks Academy
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
██▀                     ▀██
██▀ ███     ▄▄█▀         ▀██
███  ███▄▄██▀             ███
███  ██████▀███▄            ███
███  ███    ▀███▄          ███
██▄ ▀▀▀      ▀███▄       ▄██
██▄            ▀▀███▄▄▄ ▄██
▀██▄▄               ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
      ▄█
     ███▌
 ██▄ ▀█▀
 ▀██▌▄▀▄██
█▄ ▀ █ █▀
▀██▄▐▌  ▄█
▄ ▀▀▐▌ ██▀
 ███ █ ▀ ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀ █  ██▀
  ███▄ █ ▀ ▄█▄
   ▀▀▀▀ ▀▄ ███
     ▄██▄ ▀▄▀
      ▀▀▀▀  ▀▄
THE LEGEND RETURNS!
▀██████▄   TWITTER   ▀▄   INSTAGRAM   ▄▀   DISCORD   ▄█████▀
      █▄
     ▐███
      ▀█▀ ▄██
    ██▄▀▄▐██▀
     ▀█ █ ▀ ▄█
    █▄  ▐▌▄██▀
    ▀██ ▐▌▀▀ ▄
  ▄█▄ ▀ █ ███
  ▀██  █ ▀▀▀
▄█▄ ▀ █ ▄███
███ ▄▀ ▀▀▀▀
 ▀▄▀ ▄██▄
▄▀  ▀▀▀▀
██     ██████████████                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTYDETECTIVE
dagon666

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:18:42 PM

I don't think we are anywhere near a bubble as yet, google search the dot com bubble comparison to bitcoin and you will see.  Good luck and as a wise person mentioned earlier, only invest what you're willing to lose.
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:57:15 PM

Nothing is guaranteed or assured and Bitcoin is not an exception. Anyone who is into Crypto currencies should actually know what he is in to.
It is all about keeping a good calculation and following up on what is happening. Overall, Bitcoin investment shouldn't be one's live savings but a substantial amount that can easily be withstood in event of any unfortunate events.
p i e c e

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:42:59 PM

I don't think we are anywhere near a bubble as yet, google search the dot com bubble comparison to bitcoin and you will see.  Good luck and as a wise person mentioned earlier, only invest what you're willing to lose.

Dot com is something another... Now all world is in bitcoin and altcoins. I don't think it can explode...
I think Gin is go away from bottle! Now only to the moon!
morgan4140

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:08:55 PM

You know our views on the issue coincide. Seeing as the cryptocurrency market continues to grow every day, appear bad thoughts. After all, for any person investing in the cryptocurrency today it is very profitable, given the steady growth of the coin top 100 as a minimum. We all know that sooner or later it will end, but don't know how it ends - good or bad.
EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:41:42 PM

How can there be a bubble - what idiot what invest their life savings into Bitcoin. Like the user stated above invest what you can afford only.

I have not even understood a single word of what you posted in there, seriously.

And who could be so blind to put all their life savings in bitcoin? It is risky, very risky, and you are probably going to lose it all if the major bubble crashes. I can not understand why there are a lot of people worried about why altcoins have been increasing that much lately

When bitcoin gets stabilized, most altcoins tend to go up, there is nothing new with this, just look at the charts, there is nothing new.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:59:15 AM

Shorting Bitcoin would be a wrong move, there is a lot of volume and the price can swing up within a second.
goovsy (OP)

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:04:57 AM

People who lost their money today will not agree with you. This is really sad , because just few days ago we aren`t anywhere near a bubble as yet, but today ... today BTC price is 13000$
Toltekayotl

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:47:05 AM

Hi everybody, yeah it's a very important idea about diversifying in cryptocurrency and also thinking ahead of the crowd. I myself participate in CryptF ICO  and they are creating cryptocurrency backed by stocks and bonds. Essentially if everything goes haywire they will sell a lot more of their stable coins and their company token will go in price quite a bit.
Generally their idea is described in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07LBDmzgSuE  

And their ANN thread is here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2318409.
TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:55:48 AM

It's basically impossible to say when a bubble will burst. If you sell much before, you'll loose on possible profits, if you sell after, you'll loose because of the falling price. But you need a crystal ball to see when is the ideal time to sell.
In any case, I think that what we see now is just an expected correction after huge growth. I'd say it will stabilize soon and will continue to grow again from the current position.

flinty69

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:23:19 PM

It's basically impossible to say when a bubble will burst. If you sell much before, you'll loose on possible profits, if you sell after, you'll loose because of the falling price. But you need a crystal ball to see when is the ideal time to sell.
In any case, I think that what we see now is just an expected correction after huge growth. I'd say it will stabilize soon and will continue to grow again from the current position.

Agreed! This is a correction. Happened a few times on a smaller scale in 2017 alone. This one slightly more exaggerated because of several reasons:

- futures trading factor
- Litecoin founder Charlie Lee selling LTC
- Big BTC founder selling
- natural rise and fall (head and shoulders shape was forming last week).
- Super large altcoin growth
- Bitcoin lists Bitcoin cash which temporarily destabilised BTC pattern of trading

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: