Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:06:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin advice for a new guy  (Read 442 times)
Defender_Of_The_Ancients

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:09:20 PM

I like IOTA choice too, but IMO ETH has got the biggest potential so far. 2018 will be huge for ETH holders, I'm sure!

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
ukboss

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 05:15:42 PM

If any new guy want to learn about altcoin , At first they need to visit coinmarketcap . Here is a one of the best system to find a new coin and how many coin price and how many trade vole and which crypto currency support it is show above system so just learn coinmarket .
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:17:21 PM

I like IOTA choice too, but IMO ETH has got the biggest potential so far. 2018 will be huge for ETH holders, I'm sure!

Today ethereum crossed more than 700 USD. In the end of coming year January itself we find the ethereum value as 1000 US dollars for sure. Even iota also have great potential from one month it's value also growing better in the market. You can expect 100 USD per coin soon.

There are many altcoins in the market which has the ability to bumped in the market. In that you choose XRP, XMR, ZEC, LTC, Neo and waves.
Athaluss (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:45:35 PM

Just spent a bit of time looking on coinmarketcap.. nice site..   took a look at TRX / Tron and like the sound of it, and seems to be priced really low.. but heck... it seems to be shooting up in last couple of hours..  wonder if thats another ship that has sailed <g>
Defender_Of_The_Ancients

Activity: 143

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:05:15 PM

Today ethereum crossed more than 700 USD. In the end of coming year January itself we find the ethereum value as 1000 US dollars for sure. Even iota also have great potential from one month it's value also growing better in the market. You can expect 100 USD per coin soon.

There are many altcoins in the market which has the ability to bumped in the market. In that you choose XRP, XMR, ZEC, LTC, Neo and waves.

I'm sure ETH will reach 1k if nothing very serious will happen to bitcoin (big price drop...). So ETH is maybe not the highest income but very solid choice for sure.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Freebieindia

Activity: 175

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:17:07 PM

as per me the only suggestion i give to my friends for altcoin is invest in any coin in TOP 10 , but research about its highest & lowest price first and then decide where to invest. Many altcoin can give you high profit in very less time, but its secure to invest in TOP 10 .
Luke1706

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 03:08:14 PM

Will Dash reach the top 5?

Dash is a cryptocoin based on Bitcoin-technology that seeks to be the world's most user-friendly cryptocurrency.
Visit https://coinpioneer.net/coin-guide/dash-description for the full coin description.
CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:10:12 PM

I'm sure ETH will reach 1k if nothing very serious will happen to bitcoin (big price drop...). So ETH is maybe not the highest income but very solid choice for sure.
Are you saying that the rise in the price of ETH depends on bitcoin? Did I understand you correctly? Why do you think so ?
I think investing in bitcoin does not seem like a risk, but vice versa.
luffare

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:10:21 PM

Hey all. So... after a few weeks of studying crypto i decided to make some purchases. I only bought a couple of days ago, so not holding coins at their lowest point. Nothing huge, but with the idea of holding it for around 10 years to give to my children.
Great idea! Investing in your children is the most profitable investment man can invent.

My purchase is made up of some XRP, Iota and Data. I also bought a Ledger Nano to store it on ( guessing that will be as safe as anything ...) Here's the main questions i am wondering....
Can a Ledger Nano support IOTA? Before this I'd thought no, it can't but a guy whose name is Peter seemed make it real. Hope that article will help you!  Smiley
christian07

Activity: 265
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:03:28 PM

Hey all. So... after a few weeks of studying crypto i decided to make some purchases. I only bought a couple of days ago, so not holding coins at their lowest point. Nothing huge, but with the idea of holding it for around 10 years to give to my children. I know no-one can ever predict what will happen to prices, so i just bought what ( at this moment ) i could afford to lose, although i am sure i will add small amounts over time in the future. My purchase is made up of some XRP, Iota and Data. I also bought a Ledger Nano to store it on ( guessing that will be as safe as anything ...) Here's the main questions i am wondering....

1) Are my purchases sensible ? ( As far as anyone can be with this...and i know alot of that will be based on different peoples opinions, but i didnt want to risk getting caught in a scam ICO )

2) My ledger gets here in a couple of days... and despite reading up on MEW, i cant figure out if i will be able to send my coins straight to the ledger from the exchange, or will it be Exchange --> MEW --> Ledger.

Not asking if i should have bought X instead of Y, just asking for a little bit of knowledge as looking and reading the wealth of info out there is swamping me i.e when using/creating with MEW should i be offline ? As it seems i need to download stuff etc..

Cheers guys, any insight is appreciated..
check always your wallet and save your private keys 10 years of holding is so long and check everyday news or read always some topic here in forum because no one know what will happen in any kinds of wallet here in the future,you hold altcoins that why i post like this because it so hard to predict what will happen to altcoins,Moreover try to invest in btc it has assurance to save in hardwallet.
Marenos

Activity: 312
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:33:57 PM

Check the biggest ones. Not on coinmarketcap (maybe there you can find them) visit them on their homepages and read in. Try to understand the usecase. Would you use it?
Always a good question (;

Later you can Check smaller projects but be sure that they have a usecase.
granchio

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:58:40 PM

If you want to make investments in altcoins, you should follow their prices continuously and try to learn their characteristics.

Also I think, Ethereum can be a good choice for an altcoin investment.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:32:24 PM

Your choice of altcoins seem to be good. Don’t worry and trust your judgment.

As for sending the coins to your ledger wallet. You are able to connect to MEW using your ledger, from there get one of the ETH address and send your ERC20 tokens over.
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 07:47:54 PM

Hey all. So... after a few weeks of studying crypto i decided to make some purchases. I only bought a couple of days ago, so not holding coins at their lowest point. Nothing huge, but with the idea of holding it for around 10 years to give to my children. I know no-one can ever predict what will happen to prices, so i just bought what ( at this moment ) i could afford to lose, although i am sure i will add small amounts over time in the future. My purchase is made up of some XRP, Iota and Data. I also bought a Ledger Nano to store it on ( guessing that will be as safe as anything ...) Here's the main questions i am wondering....

1) Are my purchases sensible ? ( As far as anyone can be with this...and i know alot of that will be based on different peoples opinions, but i didnt want to risk getting caught in a scam ICO )

2) My ledger gets here in a couple of days... and despite reading up on MEW, i cant figure out if i will be able to send my coins straight to the ledger from the exchange, or will it be Exchange --> MEW --> Ledger.

Not asking if i should have bought X instead of Y, just asking for a little bit of knowledge as looking and reading the wealth of info out there is swamping me i.e when using/creating with MEW should i be offline ? As it seems i need to download stuff etc..

Cheers guys, any insight is appreciated..
The only reason we can believe Its a latest and advanced technology we are on. I hope the next generation will definitely encourage those kind of digital economy.
So do not worry about investing. I feel like we are spending our money in unwanted things most of the time but we are realizing when we begin useful investment like crypto.
I do have same thought of saving digital asset for my children and i can simply provide my wallet details before i die.
I understand you are looking for someone to give guarantee. Its unpredictable.
I suggest you to split your on investment on various coins and not on the same. Why are you trying on new ICO which may or may not success. There are many developed coins to invest.
TheAlchemist

Activity: 265

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:48:26 PM

I'd rather take a closer look at Wings, NEO and Waves. These are good projects, and in early 2018 will go up in price. Otherwise, your set of altcoins in your wallet is good.
HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:57:58 AM

I would rather invest in Ethereum while the price of Bitcoin gets higher than the price of the other coins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:25:29 PM

I wonder what will happen to ETH if BTC price plummets  Huh

ETH is an independent coin, sure, but if crypto investments credibility if somehow affected, than all crypto will suffer from that.

Diversify, diversify, diversify!

narukami

Activity: 375

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:27:59 PM

Join a lot of ICO bounties and get their token as a reward and also read their whitepaper because these way you will know if it a scam or not . If you already got the reward and go to ether delta and exchange your token with your preffered currencies so in this way you can get money from it or maybe hold the altcoin so you can get more profit

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Athaluss (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:59:52 PM

wanna say thank you for all the replies. not been online for a couple of days due to work etc, but have read all replies and will keep learning and reading..

hoping ledger will run with iota soon, as after getting it, the xrp storage was a breeze ( on the basis it was my 1st time storing ).. but ty again all  Smiley
fallensky7

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:23:10 PM

Your choice of coins is very good, but I think with them you still need to look at the stock exchange and prices and also follow the news. If you hold for a long time then such coins as ethereum  dash bitcoin litecoin...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: