Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:01:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Crypto wallet ?  (Read 264 times)
Ringtoo (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:34:30 PM

Hi

::)New to the crypto world. which wallet do you recommend for beginners? this for both bitcoins and altcoins? how many wallets should you have to have for tradings?  Huh Huh

many thanks
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:41:52 PM

Exodus, Coinomi, Jaxx are all options for multi-coin wallets but it really depends on what you're trading, you could need other wallets If the one I mentioned don't support what you're looking for.
KingAzir

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:43:44 PM

If you want to trade crypto you just create wallet in any exchange where listing coin or token that needed trading.
Also you can use web wallet Blockchain.info use store your Bitcoin. For Ethereum or tokens are generated based on Ethereum smartcontract you can use myetherwallet.com to store it.

AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:44:12 PM

Hi

::)New to the crypto world. which wallet do you recommend for beginners? this for both bitcoins and altcoins? how many wallets should you have to have for tradings?  Huh Huh

many thanks

For beginners, i would either recommend you to use Bitcoin Core, https://bitcoin.org/en/bitcoin-core/  , or even more noob-friendly, Electrum. https://electrum.org/#home

For both bitcoin and altcoin, you could try something like Exodus https://www.exodus.io/releases/

how many wallets should you have to have for tradings?  Huh Huh

This would depend, you can choose to keep all your altcoin funds in the exchange, which is not so secure, or you can use the wallet specified by the developers of the altcoin. ( If it it isn't support by say Exodus).

Always be wary to check the wallet of viruses, if it is a relatively unknown altcoin. Developers tend to hide them in these files sometimes.

Never use something like blockchain.info, as you will be missing alot of features, including direct access to your private keys, RBF transactions, and CPFP transactions.

RominaViewly

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:46:29 PM

All the wallets that have been mentioned are fine, just be sure you always have access to your private key, for example, when contributing to an ICO never contribute from an exchange wallet ( you are not in control of the private keys )
nrm4bits

Activity: 132
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:22:14 PM

Hi OP, I don’t like web-based wallets because as you should know most of them hold your private keys, so nothing will hold them back to steal your coins, besides if the site gets hacked you could lose your coins as well. I haven’t try any multi-coin wallet yet, I just use electrum and electrum-ltc for BTC and litecoin, respectively; and for monero although it’s a web-based wallet mymonero, but in this case you own the wallet’s seed.
BitcoinJuman

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:09:42 PM

I am using only MEW as I am holding only ETH and other ERC20 tokens.

for the remaining coins like Ripple I have small quantity only so I am keeping it in exchanges for fast sell.

cascano

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:22:32 PM

A lot of altcoins have their own web wallets which you can download on their website. You can also use paper wallets or leave your coins at the exchange. I would advise against leaving your coins on exchanges though because they can be targeted by hackers and you risk losing all your coins. It is best to store them on your computer itself and buy a good antivirus VPN program. Unfortanetly, a wallet that holds all types of crypto coins is nto availabel as of yet.
AMiRU

Activity: 89
Merit: 3

Meritocracy

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 02:55:58 PM

Currently I am using MEW (MyEtherWallet) to hold my ETH and ERC20 tokens
I hold my BTC with CoinBase and SpectroCoin but I am looking around for a different wallet, one which charge lower fee.

Pure SSD Shared Hosting with Litespeed + LSCache, optimized for Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal 8, Xenforo & Prestashop (https://awangan.com)
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:11:32 PM

I am using only MEW as I am holding only ETH and other ERC20 tokens.

for the remaining coins like Ripple I have small quantity only so I am keeping it in exchanges for fast sell.

MEW is considered to be the best for the ERC20  tokens. Also ensure that whichever wallet someone uses should have 2FA . For btc even blockchain.info or coinbase is good wallet.

If you have large number of btc then keep it in different wallets or store it offline.
ArseniBul

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:36:41 PM

I keep my coins on blockchain info, but on-line wallets are not very safe!
If you have not got a lot of money, you can store them on the exchange.
btcmayumana

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:57:42 PM

Hi

::)New to the crypto world. which wallet do you recommend for beginners? this for both bitcoins and altcoins? how many wallets should you have to have for tradings?  Huh Huh

many thanks
You can using Coinomi, it can be using for multi wallet both bitcoins and altcoins.
Else, you can using web blockchain for alternative easy multi wallet, there is feature for setup custom fees when sending transaction
truecrusader666

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:58:37 PM

Hi

many thanks

For altcoins and tokens I recommend my ethereum wallet, for bitcoins hardware walles (these have a cost) but is the safest way to hold your coins.
madtea

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:03:32 PM

I use myetherwallet.com for altcoins and electrum for bitcoins.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:21:54 PM

If you use bitcoin use electrum or blockchain.info both these wallets have online syncing and both give you the privatekey. I prefer electrum if you want more of a qt feel but if you want a nicer interface then use blockchain.info but get your privatekey with them. If you want to easily make more wallets use electrum. For tokens use myetherwallet. For any other coin use their own official wallet and if it is a POS coin keep your wallet open to stake and help the network.

FinStar34900

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:33:59 AM

For bitcoin mycellium wallet seems to be the best wallet, if you are using multiple cryptocurrencies/altcoins, it is best to have a separate wallet for each coin as its a more secure option.
Cutieepooh

Activity: 106

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 11:37:33 AM

Hi

many thanks

My recommendation is myetherwallet..Its best wallet for ERC20
Alartonicus

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:42:51 AM

For temporary storage will suit stock exchange wallets. For a long time only cold/lite official wallets
myetherwallet also is good for tokens and ETH/ETC/etc Smiley
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:59:07 AM

I would recommend desktop and web wallets for beginners you can use a desktop wallet like Exudos with multicoins. If you need web wallets I would recommend Blockchain and Coinbase.
MaxGiant57001

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:05:42 PM

Coinomi is a multi-asset wallet that supports every cryptocurrency and token you can dream of.  Using ShapeShift, they allow easy exchanges between any of the supported assets from within the interface. No identity-linking, no IP or transaction tracking, and your IP is even filtered through their servers for added anonymity. Its easy to verify security with their open source ecosystem.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: