Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 10:28:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to avoid SCAM ICOs?  (Read 493 times)
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:28:18 PM

Most ICOs are scams. 90% are just pump and dumps made with the intention of convincing crypto noobs to invest their money into something that is completel and utterly worthless, but on the outside looks like it could be successful or a great idea to the uninformed. It is sad, but the reality of this Wild Wild West environment in crypto right now.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
mrspumpkin

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:31:59 PM

What was your favorite project that scamed you  Grin.

Right know I’m being part of a signature campaign called Project C, so far I don’t know –nobody knows for sure - if it will be a scam or not, as a matter of fact I just don’t care, because it is helping me to improve my posts’ quality, besides that I hope it is not a scam. Saying all that what was your favorite scam project you were involved in?

I don't know about project C. I didn't pay attention to it. I try to enter into more reliable and promising bounty compaign, so I haven't met a scam project yet
kristii

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:38:46 AM

Most ICOs are scams. 90% are just pump and dumps made with the intention of convincing crypto noobs to invest their money into something that is completel and utterly worthless, but on the outside looks like it could be successful or a great idea to the uninformed. It is sad, but the reality of this Wild Wild West environment in crypto right now.

This is not true, I know a lot of projects that work fine
nrm4bits (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:09:31 AM

Now there are a lot of scam-campaigns, and almost all of them have a Russian-speaking team

About this, the only thing I can say is it must be just coincidence.

I agree with you. Disinformation is the fundamental key for those running a scam ICO, but what can we "crypto noobs" do to avoid getting involve on scams like the few ones you have posted in this thread? Because even if

(...) it is always better to first familiarize yourself with the team, read the white paper, study the road map (...)

in cases where you can find that info, it's not enough.

(...)
This is not true, I know a lot of projects that work fine
Yes and those projects belong to the resting 10%.
Crown1

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:17:27 AM

In my opinion, 99 percent of ICO projects are a SCAM, and the truly innovative ICO project is too few, so it's hard to tell.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
rcoins0720

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:11:14 AM

be careful on that ICO Grin it is the one that I first saw but ignored hahahaha.. I am very choosy now in picking ICO and we have group chats that I followed and best of luck for me we were discussing about campaigns that we are joining... we have legendary members joined and they are bounty managers.. with that I am very sure that they will not scam us Grin. lots of ICO are scam And I can't lie about that .. also we have tha list of those bullshit campaign manager haha..
enjoy earning Smiley
ChristianPogi

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

I'm just a Nobody.

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:33:44 AM

Right know I’m being part of a signature campaign called Project C, so far I don’t know –nobody knows for sure - if it will be a scam or not, as a matter of fact I just don’t care, because it is helping me to improve my posts’ quality, besides that I hope it is not a scam. Saying all that what was your favorite scam project you were involved in?

If you can see "C" they don't have an escrow. You must need to avoid this one, and even your post is become quality you only help "C" to scam other. Stop promoting this project. You need to understand the consequences of what you're doing right now.

Ahhh.. ok
Phil419She

Activity: 346

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:28:46 AM

Well at least I know now that Project C is to be avoided. Fortunately for me, Ive never been in scam ICOs, all of the ICO I have participated in paid me. I heard there are ICOs that doesnt pay after , but there are also that pay too little less for their promised payment. Lucky for me Ive only read theses and have not actually experience, it'll be really a waste of time and effort.

Nureni

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:08:45 AM

I have came across many scam ico. Glutoken, goldmint, ties network.
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:16:14 AM

The project of C was a scam just read their project and observe on how they answer the question of the member it was like a jerk, and do you think they can give you a huge amount of bitcoin just to spread their project do you believe on that? just avoid the C project it was scam you just promoting a scam project and help them to gain more profit and beware what is the consequence of it
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:45:44 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 07:12:58 PM by SixOfFive

Project C is the biggest scam I have ever seen. They are asking for money without website, whitepaper, team...I mean nothing but an ANN thread. I don't understand how people trust them and also participating in their bounty.
And ETHbooks....that ICO seems to perfectly genuine and also they showed that they have have achieved their hard cap. People buy token watching its great response but in end they came out to be a scammer.

yura_878

Activity: 308

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:47:48 PM

If we talk about investing then I have not invested in fraudulent projects, but if there were several of the bounty of which one was Kaîros

nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:58:46 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 05:51:02 AM by nexus2k14

There is 2 ICO's I participated that don't fall directly into category SCAM but are a disappointment too. First is Bankera ICO, that it seems to take forever, so your money is "locked" until end of February 2018, no way to sell or withdraw. They pay dividends that are soo slim that on 100$ you won't even get 0.1$ a week, imagine you put 100$ on exchange and buy anything that is mooning right now. Second ISO is BlackMoonCrypto that failed with the promise to guarantee price on level 0.8$ per BMC for 2 years, funds been drained in 2 months! so you paid 1$/1BMC and now you are bag holder of 1BMC/0.5$ for god knows how long.
vlast01

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:00:44 AM

As my experience in this crypto world there are some bounty campaign that are scammed where all participants doesn't receive any payment/ coins from the ICO inspite of thier hardwork.
But for me I don't encounter such scammed campaign and also i do think like you to that i just don't care if its scam or not atleast they help me to improve.

●●●●●●●●[DHOLPINS Finance - TRUSTED . PLATFORM - DHOLPHINS Finance]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸About Us◂ | ▸LitePaper◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ |
nrm4bits (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:16:26 AM

(...)I am very choosy now in picking ICO and we have group chats that I followed and best of luck for me we were discussing about campaigns that we are joining... we have legendary members joined and they are bounty managers.. with that I am very sure that they will not scam us Grin. lots of ICO are scam
And I can't lie about that .. also we have tha list of those bullshit campaign manager haha..
enjoy earning Smiley

So, can you share with us what your methods are to pick up an upcoming ICO to get involve with? It would be helpful for those like me, a newbie to ICOs and time lacking most of the time to do the research, to know the basic steps to recognize a scam ICO.

If you can see "C" they don't have an escrow. You must need to avoid this one, and even your post is become quality you only help "C" to scam other. Stop promoting this project.

There is a 99% that Project C become a scam, i know, and i will stop promoting the ICO on Dec 20.

(...) and do you think they can give you a huge amount of bitcoin just to spread their project do you believe on that?

I have my doubts, of course

just avoid the C project it was scam you just promoting a scam project and help them to gain more profit and beware what is the consequence of it

You need to understand the consequences of what you're doing right now.

Can you or someone else comment some opinions 'bout this?

nrm4bits (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:33:47 PM

Please give some comments on this. Read the first post and the last one made by me.

karma_project

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:58:56 PM

This is very difficult to do. Now scammers in the crypto currency have become very numerous. They just come up with a beautiful legend and collect contributions. And then disappear.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
kakawin

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:05:00 PM

The first thing you need to do is study the project. If this information is not available, then it is worth seriously thinking. I do not understand what the "C" project is. There is little information on this project, so I would not trust them.
gazilla

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:18:30 PM

Most of the ICOs are legitimate, However, there are a few out there that are scams or have proven to be scams. I personally was a victim of couple recent ones, and that is SISA (its on exchanges right now, and not that many people know, and Totum that just picked an left on the middle of campaign)
JanEmil

Activity: 2352
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 08:19:36 PM

I have only been in crypto short time.
To me it look like it is best to wait for exchange. Then most scam are dead. And the price are low because all bounty hunters sell cheap.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: