Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:11:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Smidge.Com] - A virtual, actively managed, multi-asset digital currency fund  (Read 28661 times)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 12:38:25 PM

You can buy shares here: http://www.smidge.com/?page_id=42

Month old noobs do not make announcements, start funds or any of the rest of the jazz. See here and stfu.
Hi Mircea,

Been waiting for that one! Even if this was the bible of starting a Bitcoin business, would you care to elaborate in detail what is wrong with our approach?

I'm not Mircea numbnuts, and you're not on a first name basis with MP fo sho.

Other than that the following is wrong with your approach: you're stupid and unqualified. So stupid and unqualified in fact as to be utterly unable to even notice that you are stupid. And unqualified.

PS. I wish idiot noobs dropped this "we" convention they keep pulling out of their ass every time they feel insecure of their footing. There's no "we" in "stupid" and there's no "our" in idiot. There's just tissues and torrents, in both.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 12:40:41 PM

Month old noobs do not make announcements, start funds or any of the rest of the jazz. See here and stfu.
Hi Mircea,

Been waiting for that one! Even if this was the bible of starting a Bitcoin business, would you care to elaborate in detail what is wrong with our approach?

Other than that the following is wrong with your approach: you're stupid and unqualified. So stupid and unqualified in fact as to be utterly unable to even notice that you are stupid. And unqualified.

PS. I wish idiot noobs dropped this "we" convention they keep pulling out of their ass every time they feel insecure of their footing. There's no "we" in "stupid" and there's no "our" in idiot. There's just tissues and torrents, in both.

Holy crap... I have to say you get +1 intarneckz from me. You made me laugh, feel a little bad for Smidge, and then laugh again. Doesn't happen often so you're definitely awesome.

(No offense to Smidge... I loved his/her reply regardless of who it was directed at. On that note, I copied it into a text file for further enjoyment in the future)

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
MPOE-PR

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:37:10 PM

Holy crap... I have to say you get +1 intarneckz from me. You made me laugh, feel a little bad for Smidge, and then laugh again. Doesn't happen often so you're definitely awesome.

(No offense to Smidge... I loved his/her reply regardless of who it was directed at. On that note, I copied it into a text file for further enjoyment in the future)

I guess I'm gonna end up charging per post.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:52:33 PM

I guess I'm gonna end up charging per post.

You just might have to!

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:34:00 PM

Hi Mircea,

[PS. I wish idiot noobs dropped this "we" convention they keep pulling out of their ass every time they feel insecure of their footing. There's no "we" in "stupid" and there's no "our" in idiot. There's just tissues and torrents, in both.

I don't think it's funny at all... There are ways and ways of saying things and IMO seniority doesn't give anyone the right to insult and talk down to someone like that. MPOE-PR might know a lot but still I think he is just full of himself.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:37:47 PM

Hi Mircea,

[PS. I wish idiot noobs dropped this "we" convention they keep pulling out of their ass every time they feel insecure of their footing. There's no "we" in "stupid" and there's no "our" in idiot. There's just tissues and torrents, in both.

I don't think it's funny at all... There are ways and ways of saying things and IMO seniority doesn't give anyone the right to insult and talk down to someone like that. MPOE-PR might know a lot but still I think he is just full of himself.

Meh, to each his own I guess. For what it's worth, I'd feel the same way even if MP's post was directed at me.

Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 03:35:33 PM

I think the burning question of the moment is : are you based in the US?
Smidge (OP)

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:29:30 PM

I am curious

Are you buying shares of Ciphermine directly from Kate or from the market? Would be nice if you had to use the market since this would be more beneficial to shareholders / Ciphermine
Hi ajk,

It was a share swap between the two companies for a fixed price so obviously the market was not used.

BTC: 19dB148YewttZRVwF7WF8ZuT7uqnnjibkC
LTC: LPBi1LPqs1MY1tQKQ4wGG6gjwrcszFek6s
Smidge (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:35:16 PM

I think the burning question of the moment is : are you based in the US?
Hi Deprived,

Smidge.Com is based in Germany.

ajk
Donator

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:49:03 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2013, 05:06:07 PM by ajk

thanks for the reply.. I guess Kate believes in you due to it being a share swap but it would have been so much more beneficial to make you buy at market thus making the net-worth of the company so much more, with the order book the way it is 2500 shares would have brought us to close to 10LTC/share

currently she has a stake in your company to which we have no idea is legit or not, you are doing 3 rounds of funding, so how many total shares will there be in the end? surely with the way it is set any group A buyer will be getting diluted later on so what is the point of buying now

You mention that you were an accountant but edited the post to say you are an account manager now, so which is it? you also managed to skip over the bigger question which is verifiable trade history, if you have an account on the market you could show us some details about the successful trades you have made,
ajk
Donator

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:04:17 PM

In addition: I do not care what Kate does with her personal shares that is completely up to her, but it would have been more beneficial to share holders since this was an opportunity that doesnt arise to often, more or less the trade swap is for personal gain if you are actually legit and would have been nice to see the money go towards the company instead (all my opinion)

second addition: Accountants and account managers are 2 different jobs which is why im asking, One crunches numbers while the other makes decisions and if im going to put money into a investment program I need to know the guy running the show has made sound decisions through an extended career, so showing what your invested in or have been invested in and for how long you have been with them would be nice to know (that can be verified not just said)
Smidge (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:13:32 PM

thanks for the reply.. I guess Kate believes in you due to it being a share swap but it would have been so much more beneficial to make you buy at market thus making the net-worth of the company so much more, with the order book the way it is 2500 shares would have brought us to close to 10LTC/share

currently she has a stake in your company to which we have no idea is legit or not, you are doing 3 rounds of funding, so how many total shares will there be in the end? surely with the way it is set any group A buyer will be getting diluted later on so what is the point of buying now

You mention that you were an accountant but edited the post to say you are an account manager now, so which is it? you also managed to skip over the bigger question which is verifiable trade history, if you have an account on the market you could show us some details about the successful trades you have made,

Hi ajk,

We did not acquire 2,500 shares of Ciphermine. Please read up on the details of the deal that we published. Pumping the Ciphermine share price up to 10 LTC artificially would also be complete bs.

We are not doing 3 rounds of funding either. The details on this (plus the number of shares etc.) is all clearly stated in our business plan.

I am neither an accountant, nor did I edit the post in order to change my profession. That is an accusation and completely wrong, as you can verify on almost all my other profiles online. I also answered the question before, plus I am not actively engaged in day-trading activities. This is about long term value investing in persons/assets that we believe will create significant value in the future (like Kate and her team). If you want to buy Smidge.Com shares thinking you can double up every week, then this is not for you.

ajk
Donator

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:20:00 PM

My apologies, that was off the assumption of buying 2500 Ciphermine shares I misread and throught you swapped for 2500 of Ciphermine not the other way around

It says in the business plan about a B and C group so it makes it a bit confusing,

When burnside first asked you what your profession was you said accountant and it has been recently changed to account manager so.. Ok that still does not answer any trades you have had in the past that would warrant you being a sound investor,

Great you dont day trade but what trades have you made in the past that would be worth mentioning
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:36:00 PM

so ciphermine owns 2500 shares of smidge?

ok
ajk
Donator

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:41:31 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2013, 07:50:54 PM by ajk

Also for Pre IPO or IPO's its not really to doubtful to think that the run up of the opening would be 100% ive seen it happen countless times for businesses placed in strong industries

no.. I dont expect any of my investments to double up every week...

Why do you not sign up on bitfunder or BTCT? instead of having a free wordpress site? also how come your asking for so much.. Tradefortress seems to run a transparent operation but is capped at around 250K, your asking for 750K based on the fact that you dont day trade and only invest long term

Hey me to but it doesnt mean that I dont have many long positions with some shorts to make money when the opportunity arises.. I have nothing against day traders it is a strategy that works for some just not for me hence why I only portion about <10% of my equity for such activities

if you want this operation to actually go Id suggest lowering the amount your trying to fund and proving your work before going all out and trying to manage 750K, id also sign up on bitfunder or something so that its not just sending BTC directly to you for basically a ledger saying I own shares

edited less than symbol  Grin
MPOE-PR

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:20:41 PM

Get an avatar better suited to your purpose.

Smidge (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 09:09:03 AM

Why do you not sign up on bitfunder or BTCT? instead of having a free wordpress site? also how come your asking for so much.. Tradefortress seems to run a transparent operation but is capped at around 250K, your asking for 750K based on the fact that you dont day trade and only invest long term
Hi ajk,

Based on your questions, I am not sure if you read any of the information already posted, especially in the business plan ("Raising Expansion Capital & IPO", etc.).

Also, please stop sending me PMs about questions already answered.

Smidge (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:18:51 AM

Smidge.Com Weekly Snapshot

Quick Summary:

We finished our first week very strong. After the announcement of the fund on July 21st, it's size increased more than six-fold (+508.03%), we made a first key investment and reached a 26.30% increase in value of original assets held.

Balance Sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgLGW6ARhmFLdDVyLUFPYjBHX0FIWWxXTy1Bc09uaVE&usp=sharing (Please note that the format is not final, still tweaking a few things here and there. Please note that column "E" is hidden for a clearer view.)

Comments:

• Active Mining Corporation (AMC): Our evaluation & initial investment in May has proven to be beneficial. Outstanding shares sold out this week, at the same time enabling enough funds for AMC to pay for R&D and new physical assets. These two factors contributed to an awaited surge of the share price
  • Ciphermine's share price has been stuggling due to shares sold by the owners and minor supplier issues. If the trend continues, we see the prices becoming attractive for averaging. Long term, we believe in it's substance, management and potential
  • We have been able to generate 0.223532 speculating on BTC/LTC. Positions have been liquidated and will be reinvested
  • Please note that dividends per share are quite low and will be reinvested, this is due to the reason that we did not reinvest most of the fresh cash. Please keep in mind that we will not invest in anything just because excess cash is available

On another note, I invested 5.00 BTC from my own pocket for listing fees. I gave those to Smidge.Com at no cost, as promised in the BP for all fees of this type.

I would like to thank everyone for the great support, criticism and questions that we received. As an investor, I know very well that new assets are not easy to be trusted. I hope to be able to welcome more investors on board soon!

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 12:47:03 PM

Hi Smidge. I too would appreciate it if you'd address some of the questions asked above...particularly given our email exchange.

Cheers.

Smidge (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 01:05:57 PM

Hi Smidge. I too would appreciate it if you'd address some of the questions asked above...particularly given our email exchange.

Cheers.
Hi creativex,

Can I ask you to please be more specific? I'd be happy to answer anything that is unclear.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: