Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:25:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Smidge.Com] - A virtual, actively managed, multi-asset digital currency fund  (Read 28666 times)
alexius89

Activity: 709
Merit: 500

Gridcoin Foundation

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 02:24:26 PM

as far as i know the SMIDGE IPO  will be on  btct,  bitfunder & Havelock

The IPO will start at almost the same time.

zefyr0s

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:34:24 PM

If I recall correctly, the reason that the IPO was originally canceled was because Smidge wanted the offering on multiple exchanges as close to simultaneously as possible.
Smidge (OP)

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:29:41 PM

as far as i know the SMIDGE IPO  will be on  btct,  bitfunder & Havelock

The IPO will start at almost the same time.

That is correct. We are still in conversation about structure, legal setup, possible partnerships and will release detailed information as soon as it is ready for release. We will be operating in "private mode" (and of course offering share buybacks) in the meantime.

BTC: 19dB148YewttZRVwF7WF8ZuT7uqnnjibkC
LTC: LPBi1LPqs1MY1tQKQ4wGG6gjwrcszFek6s
Smidge (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:21:03 PM

Smidge.Com Weekly Snapshot

Quick Summary:

Another turbulent week lies behind us, with a lot of turbulence in the market. A lot of coins are being transferred out of the system, as it seems. This time again, we managed to finish stronger than the DCX index which is down 12.53%, while our NAV is down 7.18%. Investor confidence is still very strong (no share buybacks).

The IPO plans and fund restructuring (shares/legal setup) will be finished soon. Mid September was promised, but we will need some more time to finalize the plans. We are operating as normal during this phase, as you can see and we still have approvals from all three exchanges to IPO as soon as we are ready. There will be an update about this soon and we are still offering share buybacks.

Balance Sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgLGW6ARhmFLdDVyLUFPYjBHX0FIWWxXTy1Bc09uaVE&usp=sharing (Please note that the format is not final, still tweaking a few things here and there. Columns "E" and "I" are hidden for a clearer view.)

Comments:

• LABCOIN has been releasing very questionable information this week. While the stock was tanking, we managed to make a small trading profit. At the time of writing, it is up into 0.0028 range again. We are watching it closely and making sure we get out of this drama with a profit
  • We managed to snag some ASICMINER for about 2.1 per share. As we believe this is the most reliable operation out there, always delivering on their promises, we expect coins to flow back in there quite soon
  • Management fee from this week has been fully reinvested, just like last week

Again, I would like to thank everyone for the great support, criticism and questions that we received.

Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:50:21 PM

Are you really comparing your results to http://dcx.smidge.com/ to determine your success? A handful of mining stocks is not an index of anything, not to mention one of the main components has been delisted.

Smidge (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:02:30 PM

Are you really comparing your results to http://dcx.smidge.com/ to determine your success? A handful of mining stocks is not an index of anything, not to mention one of the main components has been delisted.
Hi Pale Phoenix,

DCX is just a rough indication of how a few securities in this market behave over a certain timeframe. It is not meant to be THE performance indicator, just a hint of where the market is headed.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 08:14:28 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2013, 02:50:49 AM by freedomno1

Just curious when the website comes back online
It's done when it's done.
But how close to that are we now

Thanks for the update.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Smidge (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:09:10 PM

Quick Summary:

Another week with lots of capital going out of the system, certainly out of the once highly praised  stocks. The DCX index is down 11.63%, while our NAV is down 18.70%. For reference, the DCX was calculated with a total value of 567,766, which was 30 weeks ago. Today, it is at 331,522 (a loss of over 41%). The cryptocoin stock markets are having to deal with a lot of trust issues in these days, as it seems. The phase is most likely a transition phase, we expect the coins to return mid term as investors regain trust and new concepts are being launched.

No IPO news as of this week, as there is nothing new to announce. We will require more time to build partnerships that make it possible to launch a stable security that is IPO'ed for the long run. We are buying back shares at current NAV any time for anyone who wants out. We encourage you to bear with us as we might have some positive surprises upcoming.

Balance Sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgLGW6ARhmFLdDVyLUFPYjBHX0FIWWxXTy1Bc09uaVE&usp=sharing (Please note that the format is not final, still tweaking a few things here and there. Columns "E" and "I" are hidden for a clearer view.)

Comments:

• ASICMINER was tankin again this week, with lots of investors cashing out again. We still believe that ASICMINER is maybe the most trustful asset out there, paying out regular dividends and not only profiting from mining only
  • CIPHERMINE AND LTC-GLOBAL are suffering from the same symptoms as all other stocks across the board. The LTC securities are one of our elements to make the fund more stable and we are convinced that they will pay out significantly in the long run
  • Management fee from this week has been fully reinvested, just like before

Again, I would like to thank everyone for the great support, criticism and questions that we received.

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:23:58 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 09:55:46 AM by freedomno1

Ah crud a btct nuke went off
Erases Litecoinglobal as a near complete writeoff (90%)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=125629.msg3214807#msg3214807

Guess buy AM shares and transfer them out would be my opinion

superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:09:12 PM

ltc-global is probably one of the riskiest assets to buy atm -

this

ok
saveawedge

Activity: 146

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:56:07 PM

Smidge has been avoiding contact with me for over a week. If you're reading this, please respond to my mails.
Thanks
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 05:40:56 PM

Monthly 0.3% is nothing in the world od bitcoins so ltc global funds are frozen.
If you will try to sell it you will loose year or more of divs so... Lol.

920 thousand years of divs?

100 btc to get a vote...

Expensive that was.
Smidge (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:39:03 PM

Smidge has been avoiding contact with me for over a week. If you're reading this, please respond to my mails.
Thanks
Hi saveawedge,

I have received a lot of mail in the past week, but none from you. Please re-send your E-Mail or PM me on the forums. I will respond asap, as always.

alexius89

Activity: 709

Gridcoin Foundation

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 11:07:20 PM

Hello Smidge,

Could you make the E-mails and you answers public to all investors/potential investors? surely anonymous.
or at least a kind of summary of all?

That would be interesting.

Smidge (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:43:26 PM

Hello Smidge,

Could you make the E-mails and you answers public to all investors/potential investors? surely anonymous.
or at least a kind of summary of all?

That would be interesting.
Hi alexius89,

Yes, I am collecting questions/answers and bits of information to post them in a collective thread, like I did before.

There is currently a lot going on with the two exchanges closing, so a lot of time is being spent on getting our shares to other exchanges, etc.

arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:07:12 AM

ltc-global is probably one of the riskiest assets to buy atm -

this

Looks like you were dead on. +1

What is now the most risky asset?
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 04:55:24 AM

Labcoin.

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:11:48 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2013, 06:14:50 AM by freedomno1

Labcoin.

Na Kenilworth Smiley
But Labcoin is the most traded on a day to day

jeffshed

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 01:25:32 AM

Quick Summary:

Another week with lots of capital going out of the system, certainly out of the once highly praised  stocks. The DCX index is down 11.63%, while our NAV is down 18.70%. For reference, the DCX was calculated with a total value of 567,766, which was 30 weeks ago. Today, it is at 331,522 (a loss of over 41%). The cryptocoin stock markets are having to deal with a lot of trust issues in these days, as it seems. The phase is most likely a transition phase, we expect the coins to return mid term as investors regain trust and new concepts are being launched.

No IPO news as of this week, as there is nothing new to announce. We will require more time to build partnerships that make it possible to launch a stable security that is IPO'ed for the long run. We are buying back shares at current NAV any time for anyone who wants out. We encourage you to bear with us as we might have some positive surprises upcoming.

Balance Sheet:

Comments:

• ASICMINER was tankin again this week, with lots of investors cashing out again. We still believe that ASICMINER is maybe the most trustful asset out there, paying out regular dividends and not only profiting from mining only
CIPHERMINE AND LTC-GLOBAL are suffering from the same symptoms as all other stocks across the board. The LTC securities are one of our elements to make the fund more stable and we are convinced that they will pay out significantly in the long run
  • Management fee from this week has been fully reinvested, just like before

couldn't help but lol when reading this

i don't how to feel when looking at the spreadsheet

a mixture of jest, sorrow, disbelief,compassion...... Sad

poor smidge
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:36:50 AM

couldn't help but lol when reading this

i don't how to feel when looking at the spreadsheet

a mixture of jest, sorrow, disbelief,compassion...... Sad

poor smidge

I admit in the past I've felt smug reading this thread and sniggering at the investment decisions being made. But my own holdings have taken a big hit this week as well (not in LTC-GLOBAL though, I sold that off weeks ago). Smidge at least has the cojones to make his decisions public and hold himself up to criticism, and yes, ridicule.

We've all learned a thing or two this week.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print