Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:01:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: sx command line utilities - Empower The Sysadmin With Bitcoin Tools  (Read 240148 times)
malefice

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:29:13 PM

i changed install-sx.sh to compile for testnet, but it seems not to work.

Code:
./configure  --enable-testnet --enable-leveldb --prefix $INSTALL_PREFIX

at github there is a reference to -DENABLE_TESTNET for CFLAGS
https://github.com/spesmilo/sx/issues/9

I dont know C, could you explain what I need to do to have sx enabled for testnet?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jbis1

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:05:26 AM

I changed the first line of Makefile.am.

Old:
Code:
AM_CPPFLAGS = ${libbitcoin_CFLAGS} ${libwallet_CFLAGS}

New:
Code:
AM_CPPFLAGS = ${libbitcoin_CFLAGS} ${libwallet_CFLAGS} -DENABLE_TESTNET

Then compile as normal (./configure; make; sudo make install). Now mktx doesn't complain when I create a transaction with an address that begins with m. I have not tested beyond that.
malefice

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:55:51 AM

@jbs1

truth is that it still operates on the main block chain, e.g. sx history
jbis1

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:48:14 PM

Yes, but if you point to a Testnet obelisk server in your sx.cfg file, it should fix that. The list of servers is at https://wiki.unsystem.net/index.php/Obelisk/Servers. There is one Testnet server listed and it appears to not be working for me.
malefice

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:23:49 PM

Yes, but if you point to a Testnet obelisk server in your sx.cfg file, it should fix that. The list of servers is at https://wiki.unsystem.net/index.php/Obelisk/Servers. There is one Testnet server listed and it appears to not be working for me.

Thanks jbis1 tried to guesswork and compile obelisk wih -DENABLE_TESTNET. No chance. And this is all the documentation I have:
cat /usr/local/share/doc/obelisk/* | grep testnet
https://wiki.unsystem.net/index.php/Obelisk
At this point I consider moving to bitcoinj - after all I'm looking for the easiest way to work with transactions.

thx, malefice
genjix (OP)
Legendary
expert

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:58:07 PM

I'd just like to announce that I'm running an Obelisk server with the publisher enabled on ottrbutt.com, default ports.

added to wiki

feel free to make an account and let me know username
genjix (OP)
Legendary
expert

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:32:30 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 12:29:33 PM by genjix

btw sx supports new stealth address payments:

https://wiki.unsystem.net/index.php/Sx/Stealth

still waiting for others to finalise the address scheme, but the basic kit is there.

many thanks jeremy spillman, peter todd and others!
genjix (OP)
Legendary
expert

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:50:48 PM

WARNING: I just upgraded libbitcoin to new style compressed public keys. This will produce incompatibility with generating addresses on old-style Electrum deterministic wallets. Generating private keys is still fine, but the addresses will look different. I suggest moving funds off your wallet before upgrading and then moving them back after.

Anyone who needs the old style uncompressed keys, can use the latest libbitcoin tarball release off the website rather than the Git repo.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:03:08 PM

This page has invalid SSL certificate. Can you copy/paste the certificate fingerprint, so I can add it to permanent exceptions ?

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:07:49 PM

still waiting for others to finalise the address scheme, but the basic kit is there.

many thanks jeremy spillman, peter todd and others!

nice work genjix

genjix (OP)
Legendary
expert

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:08:59 AM

I've implemented some changes to stealth from Peter Todd.

The nonce is now called 'ephemeral public key'.

The stealth address format has changed slightly too.

If needed, I can provide a conversion utility for old-style stealth addresses.

This page is updated to reflect latest changes: https://wiki.unsystem.net/index.php/Sx/Stealth

Developer documentation about stealth: https://wiki.unsystem.net/index.php/DarkWallet/Stealth
99Percent

Activity: 402
Merit: 100

🦜| Save Smart & Win 🦜

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 07:53:41 AM

for those doing install on a fresh Linux Mint or Ubuntu machine run this before trying to install from the install-sx.sh script

Code:
sudo apt-get install ncurses-dev libconfig++-dev libzmq-dev libleveldb-dev libboost-dev build-essential g++ libcurl4-gnutls-dev dh-autoreconf git

It will satisfy many dependencies needed to build sx though probably not all.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:58:47 AM

for those doing install on a fresh Linux Mint or Ubuntu machine run this before trying to install from the install-sx.sh script

Code:
sudo apt-get install ncurses-dev libconfig++-dev libzmq-dev libleveldb-dev libboost-dev build-essential g++ libcurl4-gnutls-dev dh-autoreconf git

you do realize a full list of dependencies is in the installation script, right?

Code:
echo "Ubuntu/Debian users require the following packages:"
echo "git build-essential autoconf libtool libboost-all-dev"
echo "pkg-config libcurl4-openssl-dev libleveldb-dev"
echo "libzmq-dev libconfig++-dev libncurses5-dev"
echo
echo "Fedora/Redhat users require the following packages:"
echo "gcc-c++ git autoconf libtool boost-devel pkgconfig"
echo "libcurl-devel openssl-devel leveldb-devel zeromq"
echo "zeromq3 zeromq-devel libconfig libconfig-devel"
echo "ncurses-devel"
echo "and a package group called 'Development Tools'."

tl;dr
Code:
sudo apt-get git build-essential autoconf libtool libboost-all-dev pkg-config libcurl4-openssl-dev libleveldb-dev libzmq-dev libconfig++-dev libncurses5-dev

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:38:07 AM

I also always get errors about ecdsa and some other python stuff when I install SX on a new Ubunutu.  So I'd add

Code:
sudo apt-get install python-pip
sudo pip install ecdsa

to the "do before you install SX" guide.  I also had trouble with zmq and I don't remember which thing I had to install to stop getting that error.  It may have been "pip install zeroqm" but I honestly don't remember.  I know that that zmq error took me a few minutes to solve.  (I'm new to Linux, so I have to look up literally everything.)  I just know the default libzmq-dev package wasn't enough and I had to install some other zmq thing.

As always, Google is your friend, and other people have had similar errors.  Even if there's no SX-specific posts about it, somebody has had that module missing for something else and posted about it.

99Percent

Activity: 402
Merit: 100

🦜| Save Smart & Win 🦜

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 12:15:48 AM

I did not realize it.

Because it is echo-ed right at the beginning it quickly gets lost after a lot of building and compilation output. Perhaps it would be better to just issue a apt-get command to install all the required packages when ubuntu type linux is detected?

Better yet, why not just make a dpkg

Code:

you do realize a full list of dependencies is in the installation script, right?

Code:
echo "Ubuntu/Debian users require the following packages:"
echo "git build-essential autoconf libtool libboost-all-dev"
echo "pkg-config libcurl4-openssl-dev libleveldb-dev"
echo "libzmq-dev libconfig++-dev libncurses5-dev"
echo
echo "Fedora/Redhat users require the following packages:"
echo "gcc-c++ git autoconf libtool boost-devel pkgconfig"
echo "libcurl-devel openssl-devel leveldb-devel zeromq"
echo "zeromq3 zeromq-devel libconfig libconfig-devel"
echo "ncurses-devel"
echo "and a package group called 'Development Tools'."

tl;dr
Code:
sudo apt-get git build-essential autoconf libtool libboost-all-dev pkg-config libcurl4-openssl-dev libleveldb-dev libzmq-dev libconfig++-dev libncurses5-dev

genjix (OP)
Legendary
expert

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:47:05 AM

Sorry about this. The install script should install those packages but the build stuff for sx and the rest of the libbitcoin-related tools need some work.
genjix (OP)
Legendary
expert

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:14:52 PM

Hey everyone,

The new Obelisk has support for server-client encryption and
signing using ed25519 crypto. The client can specify a key, and the
server can specify which client pubkeys it will accept (or all) and a
whitelist of IP addresses.

See this config file for reference:

https://github.com/spesmilo/obelisk/blob/master/src/worker/worker.cfg#L24

The install-sx.sh script will be broken because of new dependencies .etc so I will fix it now. Sorry for any difficulties.
gwlloyd

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:39:01 AM

I'm now on my fifth attempt using 2 different servers (one a pretty much clean Debian VM and one an established server).. every time I get nearly to the end of the blockchain sync it just seems to sit around not receiving new blocks and spewing reams of errors such as below. I'm assuming blockchain database corruption but it always seems to be somewhere in the 27#### block range (I've just noticed this). Is this normal? Is there maybe something about this range of blocks, was that when someone was spamming the blockchain? Getting a bit frustrated here sapping so much time and bandwidth and still haven't got a sync'd copy to play with. I don't want to download a torrent copy.

WARNING: Error storing memory pool transaction c0c958698d61b260a885115a7e2ccec1a25c8a121c0da9ec6165f0ce11920c9b: Spent input not found
genjix (OP)
Legendary
expert

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:59:14 AM

I'm now on my fifth attempt using 2 different servers (one a pretty much clean Debian VM and one an established server).. every time I get nearly to the end of the blockchain sync it just seems to sit around not receiving new blocks and spewing reams of errors such as below. I'm assuming blockchain database corruption but it always seems to be somewhere in the 27#### block range (I've just noticed this). Is this normal? Is there maybe something about this range of blocks, was that when someone was spamming the blockchain? Getting a bit frustrated here sapping so much time and bandwidth and still haven't got a sync'd copy to play with. I don't want to download a torrent copy.

WARNING: Error storing memory pool transaction c0c958698d61b260a885115a7e2ccec1a25c8a121c0da9ec6165f0ce11920c9b: Spent input not found

Nope it looks fine. Those errors aren't a problem. Example: memory pool isn't full yet and there's txs depending on other txs in the mempool that aren't yours. It's normal. I'll make the wording sound less extreme.

Important is that you're able to run 'sx fetch-last-height' and the block height matches blockchain.info or somewhere else.

I need to document these tools better. Sorry about that. I'll be making efforts towards that goal as documentation is important.
genjix (OP)
Legendary
expert

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:20:09 PM

If anyone is using unSYSTEM Obelisk servers, then they will be upgraded today (Sun 16 March). If you experience problems with the new unSYSTEM servers, then upgrade SX:

Code:
$ wget http://sx.dyne.org/install-sx.sh
$ sudo bash install-sx.sh

or

Code:
$ wget http://sx.dyne.org/install-sx.sh
$ bash install-sx.sh /home/genjix/usr/

You also have the option to run a different server with an older version of Obelisk, although I'll be encouraging operators to upgrade soon. List of servers: https://wiki.unsystem.net/index.php/Obelisk/Servers - let me know if you have a server to add to the list.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: