Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:43:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: altcoins investing - Earn dollar and lose btc  (Read 295 times)
Dullmartini

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:29:39 AM

I’m not sure I totally agrre with that. If you look at coin market cap you see everyday that some alts grow faster than btc. The key is to look at the satoshi price to see if you’ve made a profit and not the dollar price (unless you’re exiting the market and converting into fiat immediately).

He's right for 99% of coins.
Open the same tabs at coinmarketcap and check the value of almost any coin for few months back and you will see it. Yes, there are few unicorns but in general alts are losing bitcoin value.

I guess I’ve been really “lucky” then because most of my alts, save tenx and neo, have outperformed my btc investment. And I’m pretty sure neo will get there at some point. . I think there are a lot of coins with potential to outperform btc, you have to pick a good alt, not a shitcoin, and hold for a long time.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
slyfox

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:09:19 PM

Still kind of confused regarding all of this. So if I invested 1k USD in xrp ripple, and the price of it goes from .70 to 1.00 USD and during that time, BTC rises to 25,000 USD, when I trade ripple back for BTC, I would end up with less money then?
If the rise in ripple during that time was less than bitcoin then the answer is yes you lose money, things are not really that complicated you just need to get used to the conversions, this happens all the time with dollars as well, the difference here is instead of having two currencies you are using 3, BTC, USD and an altcoin.
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:23:20 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 04:18:37 AM by Kingofbitcoin12345

I don’t have any clue why you have said: earn dollar and lose btc if there is an option for altcoin to convert in bitcoin in many exchanges and that’s even most user does.. The value of bitcoin can’t affect the altcoin price directly and vice versa.. So investing in altcoin is not a bad decision if you have the effort of knowing what coin is highly valuable in time.. I’m a bitcoin enthusiast but those statement of yours shows selfishness..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
apur688

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:59:37 AM

In my opinion, to earn a lot of money, of course we have to work. And investing is the right thing to do. Investing altcoin is very profitable. Especially if you follow ICO, where the ICO has a very good prospects, guaranteed you will get a very big profit, even you can get more than thousands of dollars. But be careful in investing, because in this day and age a lot of deception. Determine your altcoin type before investing, observe the prospect carefully. So after investing and holding altcoin for some time, then the benefits you can get, either in dollars or bitcoin. Hopefully useful, thank you

✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ Seasonal Tokens ✣ ▌✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣
█ ✣ ▌PROTECT YOUR FUNDS AND GROW YOUR WEALTH OVER TIME ▌✣ █
www.seasonaltokens.org
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:19:55 AM

Yes you are right some of my bad investments in 2017 are still giving me big loss in terms of btc but according to dollr wise they are fine and it really confuses me, im still holding in the hope of better prices in terms of btc.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Kallipso

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:26:32 AM

Most of the altcoins are losing and will continue to lose value in btc to balance their prices in dollar.
So if you are thinking to invest in altcoins for the long tem, keep that in mind. You might even be in profit, but your 1 btc today can become 0.5 btc when investing in altcoins.
Yes, but even if I find money to invest in 1 bitcoin, who will give me a guarantee that by the summer it will not be in the fall and I will already lose a significant part of the profits. On the altcoins, losses are not so noticeable and the risk is much less, because you can split the investment.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: