Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:47:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: when will we see $100/BTC again.  (Voting closed: January 07, 2014, 11:33:25 PM)
before August 1st 2013 - 93 (32.7%)
First 2 weeks of August 2013 - 48 (16.9%)
2nd 2 weeks of August 2013 - 28 (9.9%)
not until September / October 2013 - 52 (18.3%)
not until after 2014 - 45 (15.8%)
never again. (the sad bear vote) - 18 (6.3%)
Total Voters: 284

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: when will we see $100/BTC again?  (Read 6129 times)
bitcon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 11:33:25 PM

okay ppl. just as the topic states. cast yer votes.  
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 11:39:04 PM

[X] not until after 2014
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 01:22:06 AM

[X] not until after 2014

Are you serious? We just hit $92. We are only $8 away from $100 and we hit it most recently about 4 days ago. Chances are we'll hit it again pretty soon.
btc237ftw

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 01:58:15 AM

Are you serious? We just hit $92. We are only $8 away from $100 and we hit it most recently about 4 days ago. Chances are we'll hit it again pretty soon.

+1
BitPirate

Activity: 238

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:13:06 AM

Nothing magic about the $100 number. Like a sordid old hooker, it's already been hit more times than I can remember.

Holding $110 and breaching $115 is more important in my mind.

Anyway, if forced to vote, I'll choose that we break $100 in the next couple of days. Price is depressed. Decline last week was rash and unconvincing, and purely due to the Gox problems making price discovery difficult. I imagine there are lots of people sitting out on the sidelines waiting for the right time to buy.

Bears can basically be ignored -- if you believe their screams, they haven't held BTC to sell for months now. Which means the louder they are, the more potential profit can be taken from them.

btc237ftw

Activity: 157

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:16:33 AM

Nothing magic about the $100 number. Like a sordid old hooker, it's already been hit more times than I can remember.

Anyway, if forced to vote, I'll choose that we break $100 in the next couple of days. Price is depressed. Decline last week was rash and unconvincing, and purely due to the Gox problems making price discovery difficult. I imagine there are lots of people sitting out on the sidelines waiting for the right time to buy. Bears can basically be ignored -- if you believe their screams, they haven't held BTC to sell for months now.

Very good call - I agree completely, the $110-$115 is the wave, if that's crossed than $130 -$ 140 is the next one.

The most interesting thing to me is... once big money is invested in Bitcoin ($100m +) the price can go 4 figures, so the market is pretty small at the moment......
Wagner2014

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:18:35 AM

Anyway, if forced to vote, I'll choose that we break $100 in the next couple of days. Price is depressed. Decline last week was rash and unconvincing, and purely due to the Gox problems making price discovery difficult. I imagine there are lots of people sitting out on the sidelines waiting for the right time to buy. Bears can basically be ignored -- if you believe their screams, they haven't held BTC to sell for months now.

rather, the rally from $65 to just above $100 was unconvincing...and criticizing bears? the price has gone up from $13 in January 2013 and now is around $90...how much appreciation in price is realistic without a slide down? what fundamental factors have change..the bubble was built on hype and speculation...

Hello, fellow Bitcoin Billionaires!!
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:22:46 AM

rather, the rally from $65 to just above $100 was unconvincing...and criticizing bears? the price has gone up from $13 in January 2013 and now is around $90...how much appreciation in price is realistic without a slide down? what fundamental factors have change..the bubble was built on hype and speculation...

And the antibubble was built on fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
BitPirate

Activity: 238

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:28:27 AM

Huh? We did slide down -- that's right. From $260 to $65. Bears were right. Are they right now though? That's the question!

And on the contrary, volume was strong on $65 to $106. $100 to $90? Not so much.

Wagner2014

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:30:14 AM

Huh? We did slide down -- that's right. From $260 to $65. Bears were right. Are they right now though? That's the question!

the trend will change, when the trend changes...once we start hitting higher highs and higher lows...we are not there yet...

Hello, fellow Bitcoin Billionaires!!
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:30:30 AM

There was no fear, uncertainty or doubt; sentiment has been neutral ever since the $50 panic. This is also evidenced in the low volumes. The entire market is on hold until what every sane person knows will happen: the kick-off for capitulation.
Jozzaboy

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 03:31:32 AM

[X] not until after 2014

Perma-bears gonna perma-bear

BTC: 16whd9eNR8WY9nVhUUevNYMbQB2eS1jtYF
I also accept precious metals, no paper money please.
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:51:09 AM

And on the contrary, volume was strong on $65 to $106. $100 to $90? Not so much.

The volume to 65, back to 100, and back to 90 has all been strong...  Huh

I've no idea where we are heading, but I figured I would just point that out.
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:40:22 AM

There's a year missing, since "after 2014" means 2015 or later.

Anyway, we could well go down for a while more but we're so close to 100 right now that a whale wiggling its tail fin will get us there, so it's kind of a meaningless poll, except to show the irrationality/obliviousness/dogmaticness of the bears.
ChronoX5

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 08:02:54 AM

Voted October, I think we are still in the deflation phase, even if it's turning up at the moment. Once we have reached the baseline things will turn up steadily until the next Bubble comes along.

Please keep in mind that I am currently trading/holding shares of ASIC Miner, ActiveMining, Rentalstarter, Labcoin and may be posting in my own interest. Always do your own research.
Synethstesia

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 08:14:18 AM

I don't think we'll get past $110, ever again.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 09:11:16 AM

$ 100 can be hit any second. Bitcoin volatility is high. One or two big orders may be sufficient.

It will be more interesting to know when will we surpass $ 100 and stay above that mark. I don't expect this to happen before the end of 2013.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Asteral

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 09:14:41 PM

This is an interesting poll so far...Everyone should vote to give us a clearer picture of market sentiment.
r.schulz

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 10:19:46 PM

Right now the highest bid for the Dec future is 95: https://icbit.se/WebTrade/Account/Futures.aspx. Good opportunity for everyone who voted it will reach 100 this year. (I'm a user of icbit and not affiliated with them).
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 03:06:59 AM

[X] not until after 2014

YES

2014?  Really!???

It will probably be $100 tonight. Wink

Just to be conservative I said August but it could easily be tonight.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: