Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 02:43:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NUG] - Nugget Bounty Thread  (Read 4593 times)
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 05:31:32 PM

I propose a bounty for this guy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=256460.msg2781000#msg2781000
He read this post from Vlad: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=256460.msg2778554#msg2778554 (yes, this may be the longest Godly post)

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
hotcoldcoin (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 05:52:09 PM

I propose a bounty for this guy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=256460.msg2781000#msg2781000
He read this post from Vlad: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=256460.msg2778554#msg2778554 (yes, this may be the longest Godly post)

He read the whole post, and is still sane?   That deserves an award.   

For pain and suffering in the course of duty, PerfectAgent will be awarded a NON-BOUNTY sympathy send of 66.666 NUG.   PerfectAgent: drop a nugget address and the goodness is yours.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 05:57:38 PM

He read the whole post, and is still sane?   That deserves an award.   

For pain and suffering in the course of duty, PerfectAgent will be awarded a NON-BOUNTY sympathy send of 66.666 NUG.   PerfectAgent: drop a nugget address and the goodness is yours.
Not sure if sane
He's alive though, and that's already something noticeable

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
hotcoldcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 06:14:59 PM

Selling 3080 NUG

PM me your offers.

Looking for 30BTC or more Cheesy

That'd put NUG/BTC at 0.01, oh my, the audacity of hope! 

Some would say that could only happen in Vlads wildest late night dreams.   But not me, I will believe anything!

Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 06:15:59 PM

Good call.  I'll let all 3000 go for 0.03 BTC Tongue
hotcoldcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:11:51 PM

Good call.  I'll let all 3000 go for 0.03 BTC Tongue

What a deal!   That'd be 0.00001 BTC each?  Can I also let all 970,000 of my NUG go for the same price?

But wait.  How would I know they are going to a good home, someone who would give them the care and nurturing they so richly deserve?   Now I have doubts.  I better go re-read some of V's postings to gain insight.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:20:01 PM

Good call.  I'll let all 3000 go for 0.03 BTC Tongue

What a deal!   That'd be 0.00001 BTC each?  Can I also let all 970,000 of my NUG go for the same price?

But wait.  How would I know they are going to a good home, someone who would give them the care and nurturing they so richly deserve?   Now I have doubts.  I better go re-read some of V's postings to gain insight.

Don't call Him V

hotcoldcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:30:20 PM

I better go re-read some of V's postings to gain insight.
Don't call Him V

I do most humbly apologize to Vlad2Vlad for my blasphemous words!   I will do penance, and re-read his posts WITHOUT a tinfoil hat this time.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:36:46 PM

I better go re-read some of V's postings to gain insight.
Don't call Him V

I do most humbly apologize to Vlad2Vlad for my blasphemous words!   I will do penance, and re-read his posts WITHOUT a tinfoil hat this time.

May you be touched by Vlad's noodly appendage

hotcoldcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 08:03:22 PM

I guess there is no getting around this.    Until someone buys these coins off me, I'm going to have to offer bounties for some normal things, just like all the other coins.   Although I am wondering how much to get a certain someone to agree to post a picture of themselves with a shoe on their head.  But I digress.

May a rain of thousands upon thousands of nuggets fall upon the heads of those who help with the following:
* A block explorer that can search by address.  You know, like ABE.
* A Nuggets Pool.
* Another Nuggets Pool.
* The completion of the one true VGB protocol:  code updates, code reviews!, new binaries, etc, (and with a suggested switchover of no earlier then block 6666)

That's a start.   Those gotta be worth at least 6666 NUGs each, and some probably more.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 08:19:26 PM

So generous
Are you Jesus?

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 08:30:37 PM

Using something from the block you are making as well as from the previous block means you can mine harder to try for a winning block.

Just keep changing something to get a different merkle root until you get one that makes your block a winning block. Spend enough computing power on it and maybe all blocks will be winning blocks!

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 08:34:23 PM

Using something from the block you are making as well as from the previous block means you can mine harder to try for a winning block.

Just keep changing something to get a different merkle root until you get one that makes your block a winning block. Spend enough computing power on it and maybe all blocks will be winning blocks!

-MarkM-

Yeah, that's basically mining.
But the process would delay your block too much to hope it being the first accepted block.
That could be a nice race to watch.

hotcoldcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 08:36:35 PM

So generous
Are you Jesus?

hotcoldcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 08:51:17 PM

I've heard that the programmers on this board are mozart-level geniuses, and at the same time are immoral thieving scammers.  The dichotomy tickles me fancy.

Bounty 8 of 666.66 NUG is thus awarded to markm for hosting https://github.com/knotwork/nuggets

Bounty 9 of 666.66 NUG is thus awarded to twobits for hosting https://bitbucket.org/mytwobits/nuggets

twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 08:58:10 PM

* The completion of the one true VGB protocol:  code updates, code reviews!, new binaries, etc, (and with a suggested switchover of no earlier then block 6666)

I commited the code markm came up with while we had a tired banter the other day.  Has two tweeks from the last he posted,  one to change the seed, the other to change the starting block.

https://bitbucket.org/mytwobits/nuggets/commits/c10a55b8c1718d8ae428885d10dc53aa2a1f496d

If no one sees any issues with it I will build up some binaries  a bit later.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 09:35:49 PM

-MarkM-

But the process would delay your block too much to hope it being the first accepted block.

Well no it would be trivial to exploit.  Say the odds of hitting a lucky/super/gold/handOfGod block are 1 in 10,000.  You could just keep constructing merkle trees (by changing the coinbase) until you found one which was a "winner".  It would take on average 10,000 attempts.  A good CPU can do that in a fraction of a second. 

Essentially someone would release an optimized miner and all blocks (as in 100%) would get the super rate.  The advantage of using the prior block is that it is something you can't control.  Even that however does allow a large pool (say one with 20%+ of hashing power) to "cheat" unless the odds vs the "bonus" are high enough that it really has no material increase in overall reward.
hotcoldcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 09:41:27 PM

The cabal of darkness must be appeased, let us start with a few:

Bounty 10 of 666.666 NUG goes to iGotSpots for the forking of Nuggets into Spots

Bounty 11 of 666.666 NUG goes to BitcoinEXpress for the low-hash-scrypt Time Travel attack on Spots (with a "we miss you" hattip to ArtForz)

hotcoldcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 09:53:04 PM

I commited the code markm came up with while we had a tired banter the other day.  Has two tweeks from the last he posted,  one to change the seed, the other to change the starting block.

https://bitbucket.org/mytwobits/nuggets/commits/c10a55b8c1718d8ae428885d10dc53aa2a1f496d

If no one sees any issues with it I will build up some binaries  a bit later.

I thought for a moment there was an issue with not doing a else for the 0 award blocks #3 to 249.  But I was wrong.  I see that it'd just pass through the if statement and return the initialized setting of int64 nSubsidy = 0 * COIN.   Seems OK.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 10:05:27 PM

-MarkM-

Well no it would be trivial to exploit.  Say the odds of hitting a lucky/super/gold/handOfGod block are 1 in 10,000.  You could just keep constructing merkle trees (by changing the coinbase) until you found one which was a "winner".  It would take on average 10,000 attempts.  A good CPU can do that in a fraction of a second. 

Essentially someone would release an optimized miner and all blocks (as in 100%) would get the super rate.  The advantage of using the prior block is that it is something you can't control.  Even that however does allow a large pool (say one with 20%+ of hashing power) to "cheat" unless the odds vs the "bonus" are high enough that it really has no material increase in overall reward.
How is changing the coinbase any different from changing the nonce? In both cases you have to compute a new hash.
So yes of course you could keep constructing other merkletrees but finding one which makes the block hash (i) below the target and (ii) complying with the super block rule would take 10,000 more time than just (i). So by the time you found the super block you would be 10,000 blocks behind the blockchain.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: