Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:16:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: www.bitcoinza.com - BitFury Asic Units!  (Read 15560 times)
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:30:33 PM

Please note our goal is not to undercut other asic manufacturers. But our goal is to stay competitive with prices for the international market. Plus giving our local community the option of getting an asic without having to pay the extra Import tax. And on top of that, we will be helping the South African and African bitcoin Foundation with funding and assistance where we can, and also providing them with monthly support. That is why we say, For the community, By the Community Smiley

Great effort and nice to see local support for this ASIC product.
solitude

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:59:27 PM

We will not open ourselves up for Pre-Orders, as we want to finish our testing phase. Which should be done within the next 2 weeks. And hopefully we will have a few other units available other than the 24GH/s option.

2 weeks.  Where have I heard that before?

Do you accept paypal or just bitcoin?

nevermind

All orders will be placed with BTC's to keep BTC liquid. Smiley

Good luck to anyone taking this risk.

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:12:31 PM

Thanks for all the support guys. To give South Africans the opportunity to get local asic miners. As well as being one of the lead asic unit suppliers worldwide(in terms of cost/ghs/timeframe) is an honor.

We have also dedicated roughly 20+ percent that will go to the company and the South African,  and African bitcoin foundation. This is to help them with any legal fees, etc that they might come across.

By my calculations, aren't you twice the $cost per Gh as Megabigpower.com?

Please explain your calculations?

Megabigpower is as follows
$1300 (Or 13BTC working off a $100/btc mark) for 25 GH/s "starter kit"
Our price is
10-12BTC for a 24GH/s unit? So we are cheaper.

How is that twice the cost per GH/s? Plus with megabigpower you still have to assemble etc.

The 400GH/s "Starter kit" is $8000  * Please note that this is a Full kit, but as far as I know you would still need to assemble the chips and the unit. I am unsure though of this one. **edit** if I am not mistaken this is also ex vat. We are trying to get these prices vat inclusive. we might need to show the ex vat prices if we are going to ship overseas. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, so that we can make this clearer on our site.**We are 110btc "estimation" (we are waiting for our final quotations)

Our hope is to get the 400GH/s units price down by quite a lot. But that will be confirmed in around 2 weeks.
That means we are just a bit more expensive on our estimations on the 400GH/s unit.
So please explain how when we are cheaper on the 24-25 unit. plus we dont give the starter kit. We give a unit. and on the 400 units(estimations from our side please remember. full prices will be up in 2 weeks) we are just a bit above them. but once again we supply full asic miners.

I appreciate your comment and we are working towards getting our 400GH/s units price down. In negotiations with the PCB manufacturers and assemblers to get the price down.  

Smiley let me know if you have any further queries, or suggestions

you say you are $1000 per 24GH.  Megabig is $8000 per 400GH.

thus, for the same $8000 from you we get only 200GH.

they are a full kit btw, one the 400GH to be delivered in October.

correct me if i'm wrong.
leadnor (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

For the Community! By the Community!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 09:23:25 PM

Thanks for all the support guys. To give South Africans the opportunity to get local asic miners. As well as being one of the lead asic unit suppliers worldwide(in terms of cost/ghs/timeframe) is an honor.

We have also dedicated roughly 20+ percent that will go to the company and the South African,  and African bitcoin foundation. This is to help them with any legal fees, etc that they might come across.

By my calculations, aren't you twice the $cost per Gh as Megabigpower.com?

Please explain your calculations?

Megabigpower is as follows
$1300 (Or 13BTC working off a $100/btc mark) for 25 GH/s "starter kit"
Our price is
10-12BTC for a 24GH/s unit? So we are cheaper.

How is that twice the cost per GH/s? Plus with megabigpower you still have to assemble etc.

The 400GH/s "Starter kit" is $8000  * Please note that this is a Full kit, but as far as I know you would still need to assemble the chips and the unit. I am unsure though of this one. **edit** if I am not mistaken this is also ex vat. We are trying to get these prices vat inclusive. we might need to show the ex vat prices if we are going to ship overseas. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, so that we can make this clearer on our site.**We are 110btc "estimation" (we are waiting for our final quotations)

Our hope is to get the 400GH/s units price down by quite a lot. But that will be confirmed in around 2 weeks.
That means we are just a bit more expensive on our estimations on the 400GH/s unit.
So please explain how when we are cheaper on the 24-25 unit. plus we dont give the starter kit. We give a unit. and on the 400 units(estimations from our side please remember. full prices will be up in 2 weeks) we are just a bit above them. but once again we supply full asic miners.

I appreciate your comment and we are working towards getting our 400GH/s units price down. In negotiations with the PCB manufacturers and assemblers to get the price down.  

Smiley let me know if you have any further queries, or suggestions

you say you are $1000 per 24GH.  Megabig is $8000 per 400GH.

thus, for the same $8000 from you we get only 200GH.

they are a full kit btw, one the 400GH to be delivered in October.

correct me if i'm wrong.

Hi,  If you look at it that way yes. But megabig also offers 25gh/s options. remember the larger the buy the cheaper it becomes. Smiley look at the 25 gh/s option to our 24 gh/s option. remember hopefully the prices I put up is vat inclusive. megahash is not. so we are around $900 more expensive on the 400GH/s option. but cheaper on the smaller unit. plus ours is assembled.

**I would just like to add. That these are our estimations. we just want to finish our testing and then our full pricing will be up. This thread is to see what the community says and wants. SO that we can build what the community wants and as you can see everything we are doing is community based. from suggestions. to supporting the local bitcoin foundations, to supporting the BTC liquidity Smiley

www.bitcoinza.com
BitCoin : 15e1QneZebxTZKwexnGmQMN9VzwR9DCsTf
LiteCoin : LcCKETJgjCVYoBc8Ep4JuaZKrPoQvZz6Vp
YAC - YL8SrYKDeS8NXAj7gQsLXTP5dXFgy63Txz - Yacoin Forum Moderator
dawie

Activity: 115

BTC for a better world

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:30:57 PM

Loving the open community based approach here.  Not a 'you' vs 'me' but an 'us'.
Building a business on the open BTC spirit.

Fascinated by BTC
BTC: 1HWUnvZ3xQykdSJsfyGiGQpZG16uFe8DXJ
XMR: 44fJ52WJGUmceBX6iARnfW6k9p2MFrwkb9AeXRDvQDaZYM8zkA2uuysE164GBGrhkvGh8PAxGUFU5Fq eEmk82Cww3CHdeRS
leadnor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 09:31:30 PM

Thanks Sitarow  ^_^

And guys please remember, we are not trying to undercut any of the Bitfury Competitors, but our goal is to be one of the best options to chose from. especially for people that cant get the units on other places, for our local community and also let the community have a say in what they want. Smiley that is our goal and we will strive to live up to that Smiley

@ Dawie, yeah thanks. That is the plan.

www.bitcoinza.com
MadHasher

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:57:28 PM

Give the network time to stabilize? Is everybody insane? Do give ASIC Miner and company time to keep gobbling up hashrate and then panic when a large entity has amassed a big enough of the network's power.

Hi MadHasher, I understand your frustration and worries regarding this. I just think that it would be beneficial to the community if asic dont just keep being pumped out. But gets released steadily , while giving time to adjust. I know this might be a pipedream and we will of course adjust our policies when the time comes and ask the community to give us feedback.

But it is good to "hope" that this will happen, and that everyone will join in the venture isnt it? hehe

Sorry but that is an idiotic notion. ASICs are way too expensive ATM but it's what the market is princing them at, for the most part. Sell what you can build and let the price stabilize, meanwhile you sell more hardware and only the uninformed, who stop by Block Erupter USB sales, will complain when you manage to drop the price from mass production. Bitcoin wins from hardware getting distributed everywhere, as it was in the beginning.

These new "support the network" arguments seem more from lack of production capacity than anything else...
leadnor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 10:50:02 PM

Give the network time to stabilize? Is everybody insane? Do give ASIC Miner and company time to keep gobbling up hashrate and then panic when a large entity has amassed a big enough of the network's power.

Hi MadHasher, I understand your frustration and worries regarding this. I just think that it would be beneficial to the community if asic dont just keep being pumped out. But gets released steadily , while giving time to adjust. I know this might be a pipedream and we will of course adjust our policies when the time comes and ask the community to give us feedback.

But it is good to "hope" that this will happen, and that everyone will join in the venture isnt it? hehe

Sorry but that is an idiotic notion. ASICs are way too expensive ATM but it's what the market is princing them at, for the most part. Sell what you can build and let the price stabilize, meanwhile you sell more hardware and only the uninformed, who stop by Block Erupter USB sales, will complain when you manage to drop the price from mass production. Bitcoin wins from hardware getting distributed everywhere, as it was in the beginning.

These new "support the network" arguments seem more from lack of production capacity than anything else...

Hi Madhasher,

Ok you have a point there. Pure volume will eventually bring down the price in asic manufacturing true. I still think. even if the price drops. which it will by quite a bit. I still think it might be wise to give everyone some breathing space. not just give the network time to stabilize, but more importantly to give everyone mining time to see what is happening.Regarding your production capacity remark. If you would like I can order 100's upon 100's of terahash, who knows I might just be able to sell them all by the end of the year. But how is that helping everyone? Instead of having a gradual increase. we just dump everything. I might be wrong or might be thinking about this in an incorrect manner which I do apologize for

But once again. I go to my main point. this thread is designed to gauge the communities feelings towards asics. what units they want and suggestions and feelings towards what "WE" think is the best approach.
Remember what we think is the best approach, might not be the best by any means. but that is where the community jumps in and says. No. rather this way. or that way. Smiley and I have made a note of what you brought up here Tongue

Keep the comments and your suggestions and queries coming. Smiley I like seeing other peoples point of view and then seeing what we can do different Smiley

www.bitcoinza.com
leadnor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 09:04:35 AM

Thanks for all the mail responses so far. Smiley Got some good feedback from everyone. Still busy going through all the mails. So i will get back to you all hopefully by the end of the day.

www.bitcoinza.com
Bitcoin_Bing

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 10:42:54 AM

I love this.

ASICs in South Africa with no tax imports or waiting for shipment.

I will also invest in them as soon as I can.

What would the estimated power consumption on these units be?
leadnor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 03:17:34 PM

I love this.

ASICs in South Africa with no tax imports or waiting for shipment.

I will also invest in them as soon as I can.

What would the estimated power consumption on these units be?

Estimations are roughly 1W/GHs Smiley

www.bitcoinza.com
z3r0

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 07:11:17 PM

As a local bitcoin kop I am happy to see this thread  Grin

I got 20 BTC for you my brother, will keep an eye on this.. I assume we will be able to pick up the goods in person?

Live Bitcoin and Crypto News From Around The World
Free Trading Signals - Twitter: @saintcrypto
leadnor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 08:06:06 PM

As a local bitcoin kop I am happy to see this thread  Grin

I got 20 BTC for you my brother, will keep an eye on this.. I assume we will be able to pick up the goods in person?

Hi Z3r0,

Yes defn you would be able to come pick it up personally. We will put a comments section on the order page when our orders go live, where you can specify that if you want. Smiley

If you need any further queries. let me know. Smiley

www.bitcoinza.com
leadnor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 08:24:24 AM

There has been a couple of mails coming in asking that we should rather show our prices ex vat, instead of vat incl.

We will take that into consideration as the people have made some valid points. So when we release the official prices it will be done EX Vat Smiley

Keep the suggestions and comments coming in guys. We appreciate it as we want to design and build what "you" want.

Regards

www.bitcoinza.com
dawie

Activity: 115

BTC for a better world

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 09:56:22 PM

Maybe a Frequently asked Questions page on the OP &/ web site to track progress of suggestions?

Fascinated by BTC
BTC: 1HWUnvZ3xQykdSJsfyGiGQpZG16uFe8DXJ
XMR: 44fJ52WJGUmceBX6iARnfW6k9p2MFrwkb9AeXRDvQDaZYM8zkA2uuysE164GBGrhkvGh8PAxGUFU5Fq eEmk82Cww3CHdeRS
Synthetic_Darkness

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 05:39:38 AM

Also being a local. I'd rather buy locally than send BTC to some other country (figuratively speaking). At least here I know where you live Cheesy kidding
leadnor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 08:10:09 AM

Ok I will create a FAQ on the website this weekend with most of the common questions that I have received so far Smiley

Hahahaha @ Synthetic_Darkness yeah. We are also planning a BTC mini conference/Gettogether some time soon. So then you guys that are local can meet us personally Smiley

www.bitcoinza.com
Bitcoin_Bing

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 08:34:57 AM

Any idea what you guys are going to name each unit?

I have an idea of:

24GH/s = Bitfury Minion
50GH/s = Bitfury Gargoyle
100GH/s = Bitfury Ogre
200GH/s = Bitfury Goblin
400GH/s = Bitfury Wizard
Bitcoin_Bing

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 09:13:08 AM

Ok I will create a FAQ on the website this weekend with most of the common questions that I have received so far Smiley

Hahahaha @ Synthetic_Darkness yeah. We are also planning a BTC mini conference/Gettogether some time soon. So then you guys that are local can meet us personally Smiley

Great idea! A conference would do a lot of us some good as I am sure there are a lot who us who still get the question "Bit-what?!" as soon as it's mentioned to other people.

Would also like to meet you guys in person.
leadnor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 11:28:25 AM

Any idea what you guys are going to name each unit?

I have an idea of:

24GH/s = Bitfury Minion
50GH/s = Bitfury Gargoyle
100GH/s = Bitfury Ogre
200GH/s = Bitfury Goblin
400GH/s = Bitfury Wizard

Hahahahaha I like!!!
Tongue

www.bitcoinza.com