Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:42:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've made a huge mistake  (Read 738 times)
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:52:19 AM

Hello, I've made a mistake such a big mistake by withdrawing my eos tokens from MEW into a eth adress at kraken please tell me that i can get them back. I've already made a support

As much as I hate to say this, I think your EOS tokens are gone into thin air. That is why it is very important to double check every single transaction, or else tokens will go to waste and will permanently be lost. Well, lessons are sometimes learned the hard way. Not only should you double check your address but also make sure that the wallet is the proper one, in accordance to your coin.
Boomber

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:55:09 AM

Hello, I've made a mistake such a big mistake by withdrawing my eos tokens from MEW into a eth adress at kraken please tell me that i can get them back. I've already made a support
lf you make mistake like that no one can help you for get them back to you.
Just let it go dont make same mistake like this again in the future.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Casey7

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:57:32 AM

I think no body can to help you that token will be loss and unrecoverable. So before send any token always make sure right address. In my experience, before send any token I always try with small amount first and then send all of the token to make sure everything right and work.

Actually i never face this problem before. But i think your token is loss forever.
Try to send small transaction first like above me said is good. After all good the send the bigger amount.
bitofc

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:00:33 AM

before you make the deposit, it should tell you, only ETH send to this address will be accepted.
same for EOS deposit address.  It would be too much works for them to retrieve for you, even though technically ETH address can be used to store erc20 tokens.

So be extra careful when deposit to exchange address, if it is your own ETH wallet and they do not support erc20 tokens, you can always export the seed or private key then import to MEW or other ETH wallets that supports ERC20 tokens.
posporo

Activity: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 05:03:50 AM

Better luck next time bro, you can't get back that eos tokens of yours because it was already in new holder. Just make sure to don't do it again. Think before you act to avoid that kind of mistakes.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Zandra

Activity: 418

24/7 COMMUNITY MANAGER 💯

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:10:04 AM

I think you can not get your tokens back no one can help you you've made a big mistake. Before you send a token make sure your address is correct,  next time be careful because not everything can be restored.
Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 05:12:38 AM

Classic problems like this are often experienced due to user negligence. you can get the token back if Kraken support is willing to help you
only exchange support can help you on this issue, although I'm not sure you'll get their help but I suggest to keep trying to get it back by continuing to send the tickets until they respond

mafostedu

Activity: 171

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:26:14 AM

Haha no one can restore it mate, you sent a token to another token address, but they were not the same..
It is the same as sending 0.10 bitcoins to an ethereum wallet, do you get it?

it is impossible to recover it, and you can not ask for help in anywhere because no one is going to fix that issue.
Redg85

Activity: 258
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 05:32:09 AM

im sorry mate but no one really can help you out or could get back you your coins. but you could always look on the bright side that you would never do the same mistake again. cheer up mate. 

DABANKING  - The Decentralized Gaming Platform
▸ Minning DAA Token NOW, Earn ETH Lifetime!◂
subitlist

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:48:26 AM

Ugh..what a sad story..sorry, but it would be good lesson for everyone especially you. Hopely we can see positive side of this experince.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:01:56 AM

You must try to contact the kraken's support. Because kraken already listed eos on the exchange site and that means there is a chance for you to get your eos back. But if you are withdrawing your amount in your kraken account and does it seems your eos will be delivered to your account? or I just not understand about that? Can you provide the more information regarding your problem?
feelideb

Activity: 770

fLibero.financial

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:08:06 AM

Mistake in crypto space are inevitable. One must develop an habit that verify and recheck your input and output every single time. You can not always at your top hence the need to verify again and again.

Lifes

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:39:21 AM

I think you cannot recover.. sorry for that , but dont be sad this things happend , you will make profit with other coins in future and forgot about it.

If you manage to recover it let us know ! Cheers
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:43:24 AM

Currently, you can only wait for Kraken's help. If in the regulations they have said no permission then you will surely lose! It is best to contact them and give them the proper information.
Hope you are lucky and careful next time!  Wink Wink Wink
Zerosk

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:02:55 AM

Whatever the case, whether you lose or find your coins, you can profit from other coins now. Choose 4-5 really good ones that keep rising, and you will recover in no time.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▽  TRADE.IO  ▽     ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Nureni

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:16:05 AM

Your tokens are gone for ever. Nothing can be done about it.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:19:40 AM

All you can do now is just to wait for the Kraken support respond. It always takes a long time to get it but if you are lucky they will get your tokens back. BTW how much did you send?

Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:38:04 AM

A very costly mistake. But try to get in touch with Kraken support and see if they will be able to help you out.
If they don't provide support, then it's "lost".  Cry
kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:50:41 PM

Invest in something else and you will make your money back in no time at all.
There is no need to worry. Altcoins are going up now and you will profit.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
DirtyMartini

Activity: 277

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:58:16 PM

Unfortunately, mistakes like this happen often and you might have to kiss your coins goodbye and move on..

I have heard of a similar situation recently and the exchange actually was helpful in eventually retrieving the tokens, but I can't remember if it was Kraken..

Your only hope here is to continue following up with Kraken until you can get a straight answer about whether your tokens have shown up anywhere on their end through the Ethereum wallet. Contacting them via their Social Media tends to get their attention quicker than a support ticket.

If they can't help, then I'm afraid to say, this might be the most expensive lesson in crypto you've ever had  Undecided

Good luck..
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: