Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:09:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've made a huge mistake  (Read 738 times)
CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:09:59 PM

Hello, I've made a mistake such a big mistake by withdrawing my eos tokens from MEW into a eth adress at kraken please tell me that i can get them back. I've already made a support
I hope this one will serve as a lesson. Your tokens can never be recovered because your the one who did the transaction. Always remember that we should be very careful and be responsible in our wallet's transactions. What you can do now is to buy other tokens again or rank up and join in some bounty campaigns to earn tokens. Cheer up!
SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:11:57 PM

Hello, I've made a mistake such a big mistake by withdrawing my eos tokens from MEW into a eth adress at kraken please tell me that i can get them back. I've already made a support
Kraken support EOS tokens so they might be able to help you, if you have already created support ticket than just wait for their response. They might take some big amount as fee from your deposit and if you have sent just a small amount of EOS than it might not be enough to pay those fee they will take to make cross chain deposit.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
kingasterisk

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:13:05 PM

Auch, this one hurts to hear. I haven't messed up like this, but i've been close a couple of times and the moment i realized it i felt shivers at the amount of shit i was about to do. Sorry man, let the grind begin.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:21:08 PM

Unfortunately you can't get it back as most exchange already make sure to remind you before depositing that if you deposit other token aside from the one stated then you can't claim that token. It's unlikely that they will open the wallet in order to retrieve the token for you. That's why people should check two or three times before sending coin in crypto because the transaction is irreversible.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
shigeo_tokuda69

Activity: 170

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:33:17 PM

i feel really sad to hear that, i think no one can help you because it can not get back anymore. next time you should to be very careful and do not do that again. it will be our lesson. thank you for sharing.. have a good luck mate
Aryanto28

Activity: 211
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:44:08 PM

There's no other way than to let your token go. Inside crypto if you get lost then you can not go home. My advice do not get me wrong and think well what is right. If you do not know better ask who already knows it so you are not wrong and do not get lost. So if it happens no one can return your tokens.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 12:56:45 PM

Beginners doing a mistake is normal but as others say, don't do your same mistake twice. Before you withdraw a coin, make sure to see it twice or thrice you can get your coin when you withdraw it because some don't support some tokens. Unfortunately,  you can't get it anymore but now you know you're mistake already. Don't do it next time.

SIGNATURE FOR RENT
oneRous

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:17:33 PM

sorry to hear that, but no way to get your eos back. Be careful next time
nagatraju

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:18:10 PM

this is something that sometimes keeps me from working with the cryptocurrency...there is always a human factor and the probability that you can make a mistake...
victorilx

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:29:15 PM

Sorry about your incident. It will be a great job for you trying to recover it. Not because it isn't possible but because it's part of company's policy to make sure customers transfer to the right address. Also, it is not enough sending complaint to support. Most exchanges sleep on it and don't reply fast. Just get a hold on their social media page like Twitter and Facebook. Bombard them with this complaint and you get their attention.

That sounds like the best idea. Social media is very powerful and can be used to fight cases like this. I hope the OP does so and suceeds
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:31:40 PM

Its common problem and many newbies always forget to double check address or ETH based tokens when sending them out. When you will send tokens other than ETH to ETH deposit address in exchange you have to wait for one of the exchange's staff to manually claim those coins from your ETH address and than send it back to you or deposit it to your correct token address.

It will take some time so you better wait for it and don't repeat this mistake again.

karma_project

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:58:08 PM

Unfortunately, beginners very often make similar mistakes. Now you can not do anything. Now always check the correctness of the address to which you send the coins

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:06:04 AM

Too bad bro. Learn from your mistakes. Live a happy life!
This just sums it up. So many of us have made some pretty huge mistake in the crypto world in the past and most of it is as a result of our being careless. Just try as much as possible to be very careful next time and for your sake, I really hope it is not a huge amount of EOS that you have sent. Even if it is, just accept your loss, move one, and probably another token or even the EOS will give you back what you have lost in value later on in the future.

I feel sorry for OP's huge loss and I sure hope it is not a lot of EOS tokens you have transferred as that would really be a bad one. However, even kraken cannot help with this situation and I am sure there was warning for depositing ERC20 tokens into exchange Ethereum wallets. I hope he has learnt the lessons though. We cannot get them back and support cannot help.
star19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Yes in my trading history I’m made a big mistake . When I’m learn about trading and start trading on that time I’m don’t understand how to put sell order but I’m also sell with low fees and buy coin with a high fees and I’m lose around 1 BTC. Recently I’m can do batter trading with a no mistake.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:43:57 AM

This is crypto every mistake will be your fault. Better to just learn from this.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:55:47 AM

Its common problem and many newbies always forget to double check address or ETH based tokens when sending them out. When you will send tokens other than ETH to ETH deposit address in exchange you have to wait for one of the exchange's staff to manually claim those coins from your ETH address and than send it back to you or deposit it to your correct token address. It will take some time so you better wait for it and don't repeat this mistake again.
Wow, I also never checked about it. Usually I just check the front of the address only and never check behind. I've never been wrong about it, but for a newbie it might happen. Especially with people who are clueless and do not really know about technology. Usually people who are not familiar with such complex account numbers or addresses will experience difficulties. But as human beings, we can continue to learn from experience. We need not worry if we are used to computers and technology. Very unfortunate if the error occurred, but if the address is error and not owned by others, what money will come back?
wayancrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:09:49 AM

That token can not to recover by anybody, but use this mistake to double check the address before send any token and always use small amount first to send it to know the right address and the right process. Try to send small amount first is more safe for any token and i did it when send any token, although wrong address or other network problem  will be loss little bit only.

kikoy999

Activity: 429
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:26:26 AM

feel the support is just the way to get your money back because the support will only help you to recover it because you can not help it because you're doing the wrong thing, so it is good to check it out so well. But if you have received your token that you have made a mistake for sure that the person sent her the money you should have.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:25:10 AM

That's very unfortunate. I'm sorry to say but once your coins are gone, you can never retrieve them again Sad next time be more careful to avoid mistakes like this. This is so saddening but there's nothing you can do but learn from this mistake.

criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:28:08 AM

sorry for your loss dude. If it was an exchange that you did it from than you would have a chance to get it back but because you sent it from your MEW wallet there's little hope because there is virtually no support to help you. I once sent some tenx to a wrong address from an exchange and i got it back because the transaction failed after contacting support.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: