Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:13:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: THE PRIVACY PLATFORM THAT DESERVES YOUR ATTENTION  (Read 122 times)
CryptoWell (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:07:52 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 06:25:36 AM by CryptoWell

Obsidian is its own platform and on the 24th the first application for the platform will be released in a beta on the Google store for Android phones. Obsidians coin is used to incentivize the network and as a currency to transmit in the messenger application.

Unlike most blockchain messengers Obsidians application will message over a P2P network, not the blockchain. This will allow the network to scale with use and also transmit faster then any strict blockchain messenger could. (Zencash, IOC)

Obsidian is a platform that focuses on privacy and security, as such the messenger will be very secure. It will feature anonymous payments in the application so you can communicate and pay people from mobile devices without leaving a trace or your messages being viewed by unwanted parties. This will be widely utilized by people who value their own data or want to stay discrete.

You will be able to sign up for the app without providing any personal information. Also important is the fact that the team intends to allow users to purchase ODN directly in-app with fiat. Depending on how you finance the Fiat you can maintain anonymity.

The Obsidian team is currently in talks with several startups to launch applications on the ODN platform that focus on privacy and security. Marketing and exchange applications will begin after the release of the app on the 24th. I really do think this coin is severely overlooked and its market cap will soon adjust to being much higher than it is now.

http://Https://ObsidianPlatform.com
ScottP

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:17:32 AM

Very well said and concise description of the project. There are a lot of finer details which I think are worth noting such as the fact that the level of encryption that The Obsidian Platform is utilizing is second to none. 

The Obsidian Messenger (OSM) is the first App built on the chain although the messages don't actually travel on it as You mentioned in the above explanation (they are P2P off chain). The messenger platform offers end-to-end-message encryption with perfect forward secrecy (PFS)
relying on Elliptic Curve Diffe-Hellmann (ECDH). Obsidian IDs are identifers related to Curve25519
signing keys, offering 128 bits of security. The messenger platform requires no user identifers, such as
an e-mail address; Obsidian IDs are unrelated to authenticated user identities.

Maybe your wondering what the heck im talking about ? lol. heres a more simple explanation:
Diffie-Hellman is a way of generating a shared secret(key) between two people in such a way that the secret(key) can't be seen by observing the communication. That's an important distinction: You're not sharing information during the key exchange, you're creating a secret(key) together.

This is particularly useful because you can use this technique to create an encryption key with someone, and then start encrypting your traffic with that key. And even if the traffic is recorded and later analyzed, there's absolutely no way to figure out what the key was, even though the exchanges that created it may have been visible. This is where perfect forward secrecy comes from. Nobody analyzing the traffic at a later date can break in because the key was never saved, never transmitted, and never made visible anywhere.

This project is such a drak horse and has huge potential that will only start to be realized on the 24th of Dec so I encourage eveyone who sees this to take a few mins of your time to check it out. You will not regret it.

Here's the Website: http://Https://ObsidianPlatform.com

If you would rather not read the White paper but are interested to dig further. check out this condensed fact sheet on Obsidian Platform!
https://obsidianplatform.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ODN_teaser_v3.pdf
NaissuR

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:51:06 AM

use telegram :-D

CryptoWell (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:11:07 AM

Lol, telegram is not even in the same market as Obsidian but when Telegram is secure, anonymous, and you can send money P2P on it then maybe you could have a point....but that's not gonna happen soooo. Anywho...
Thanks for the random comment anyway. Have a good one.
retampan

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:19:59 AM

Umm, not quite interested, though. I only give my trust to telegram for protecting my privacy. For the obsidian, I can't say this is the first messenger with no sign up required to send or receive message and payments. I'll give it a try first. However, does it require a phone number to be verified or signed up to Obsidian?
ScottP

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:38:25 PM

Hey friends if you are trusting your privacy to telegram you are sadly uninformed. Telegram has been compromised by governments and is not a safe store of information or files anymore. Also Obsidian requires no identifying information including your phone number. Also remember that Obsidian is a platform and this is just it's first application.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: