Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:08:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A new ASIC miner announcement  (Read 5714 times)
SirWizz

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:18:00 PM

I dont know if the market can bare another pre-order asic company. Unless you have plans to sell before sep/oct i dont think you'll find many buyers. Good luck.

I really doubt it. Besides, from what I have seen the Bitcoin Foundation plans to do something about the whole ASIC craze, no one knows for sure what they're going to do although from what I understood they say the current proof of work concept used to reward miners will change (they gave no details). I think at best things will continue to go on as they are for another few months so to plan now for an ASIC next year not knowing how next year will actually look like is a very risky endeavor.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:24:43 PM

Besides, from what I have seen the Bitcoin Foundation plans to do something about the whole ASIC craze, no one knows for sure what they're going to do although from what I understood they say the current proof of work concept used to reward miners will change (they gave no details).

Links / References please ?
SirWizz

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:27:04 PM

Besides, from what I have seen the Bitcoin Foundation plans to do something about the whole ASIC craze, no one knows for sure what they're going to do although from what I understood they say the current proof of work concept used to reward miners will change (they gave no details).

Sorry, I can't remember where I have seen it, but someone had posted a link to a video from this year's Bitcoin conference. You might be able to find it if you do some digging.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 02:29:58 PM

I dont know if the market can bare another pre-order asic company. Unless you have plans to sell before sep/oct i dont think you'll find many buyers. Good luck.

After BFL and Avalon pre-orders, nobody in their right mind would order anything that does not ship immediately.

Still, KNC sold many, so maybe he can scam few people.  Good Luck.

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:15:53 PM

I really doubt it. Besides, from what I have seen the Bitcoin Foundation plans to do something about the whole ASIC craze, no one knows for sure what they're going to do although from what I understood they say the current proof of work concept used to reward miners will change (they gave no details). I think at best things will continue to go on as they are for another few months so to plan now for an ASIC next year not knowing how next year will actually look like is a very risky endeavor.
As an active member of BF, I claim that the above statement is absolutely not true.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:23:26 PM

Don't worry. This is useless FUD! I think he is referring to this: http://bitcoinnews.io/dan-kaminsky-predicts-the-end-of-the-current-proof-of-work-function/ But jgarzik proposed a bet to that guy and i think he didn't take it: https://twitter.com/tallystick/status/336212032414154752

So SirWizz please don't talk useless and without proof.

Aajo

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:24:04 PM

As an active member of BF, I claim that the above statement is absolutely not true.
maybe he mixed it up with the recent BF announcement regarding possible upcoming rewards for running full blockchain nodes with bitcoin-qt client?

OT: can this new ASIC have something to do with helveticoin?
SirWizz

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:35:45 PM

Don't worry. This is useless FUD! I think he is referring to this: http://bitcoinnews.io/dan-kaminsky-predicts-the-end-of-the-current-proof-of-work-function/ But jgarzik proposed a bet to that guy and i think he didn't take it: https://twitter.com/tallystick/status/336212032414154752

Hey pal, clear your thoughts please. I didn't "talk useless" (whatever that even means), I simply pointed to what someone else said and explained what my understanding of it was. You may agree with that or not. And just because someone took/didn't take a bet that does not mean anything, I hope you realize that Roll Eyes.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:40:53 PM

Hey pal, clear your thoughts please. I didn't "talk useless" (whatever that even means), I simply pointed to what someone else said and explained what my understanding of it was. You may agree with that or not. And just because someone took/didn't take a bet that does not mean anything, I hope you realize that Roll Eyes.

If you spend 5 mins to read the links that i posted you will see that nobody from Bitcoin Foundation said anything about any ASIC craze. But yes please spread more FUD!

SirWizz

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:18:17 PM

If you spend 5 mins to read the links that i posted you will see that nobody from Bitcoin Foundation said anything about any ASIC craze. But yes please spread more FUD!

I watched the video and I haven't seen the people in attendance dismissing the idea put forward by Dan Kaminsky that something might have to change in the reward system due to the influx of the new ASICs. They didn't approve it right away either though. I believe they might be looking at it and whether something will change or not no one can say with certainty. The less changes the better as far as I am concerned, but I hope they won't sit idle if/while the hashing power slowly moves into the hands of a few entities and away from the rest of us.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 12:07:53 AM

Why did hashfast just delete that post with the letter from uniquify.com?
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 12:13:39 AM

What did it say? Huh

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 12:25:30 AM

is over here : they want a thread to show their product brand name: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.0
AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:57:49 AM

What forms of payment will you be accepting?

Bitcoin, obviously.
We'll also have a credit card processor, but we are open to suggestions....

John
HashFast

I would be far more likely to purchase if you offered this
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 01:57:02 AM

After BFL and Avalon pre-orders, nobody in their right mind would order anything that does not ship immediately.

Still, KNC sold many, so maybe he can scam few people.  Good Luck.

Not even if they announce a hand-picked team of engineers?

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:00:43 AM

Well at least thank you gmaxwell for the bad rating!

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:08:50 AM

Well at least thank you gmaxwell for the bad rating!

Now if we could just get similar treatment for our lovable retard from BFL, we might actually be making some headway.  Guess I won't hold my breath...
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: