Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:20:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gap Observer mtgox / bitstamp / btc-e / campbx  (Read 8589 times)
myself (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:52:20 AM

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
adamas
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 10:01:18 AM

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:05:59 AM

Unable to retrieve image
Session image not found

edit:nvm u fix it

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
True___Blue

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 10:38:56 AM

I don't think I have ever seen the prices so close on Bitstamp and BTC-E

JustAnotherSheep

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:53:52 AM

Interesting, I thought the Gox gap was closing a few days ago (it was only around $5 to Bitstamp) but now it's growing again.

Any speculation as to the cause of this? Withdrawal hiatus is over, surely price should be equalizing by now?

Is it a bull? Is it a bear? No, it's just another sheep.
BitPirate

Activity: 238

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:04:54 AM

Interesting, I thought the Gox gap was closing a few days ago (it was only around $5 to Bitstamp) but now it's growing again.

Any speculation as to the cause of this? Withdrawal hiatus is over, surely price should be equalizing by now?

Q: Why would you sell on Bitstamp when Mt. Gox is 10% higher, and has just moved up 5% without Bitstamp moving?

A:
1. You don't really like money all that much
2. Once a bear, always a bear
3. Manipulation
4. Retardation

RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:19:58 AM

Well, the price proves the withdrawal problems are not over.

And indeed I did not receive my EUR withdrawal from mtgox ordered many weeks ago via 'international transfer'.
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:21:10 AM

aye 85.22 and 85.49 atm

solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:43:57 AM

aye 85.22 and 85.49 atm

I think Bitstamp is being hammered by sellers who want fiat. CampBx might have the most accurate price at present.

JustAnotherSheep

Activity: 239

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:56:52 AM

Q: Why would you sell on Bitstamp when Mt. Gox is 10% higher, and has just moved up 5% without Bitstamp moving?

A:
1. You don't really like money all that much
2. Once a bear, always a bear
3. Manipulation
4. Retardation

Care to explain how price could be manipulated in this way? I honestly have no idea, I'm just another dumb sheep new to this whole thing.

And even if the majority of users are retards (which I doubt) all it takes is a handful of people with a lot of fiat to see the profit opportunities and buy a shitload of coins from Bitstamp to sell at Gox and make easy money on the gap, thus closing it more and more in the process.
Or am I missing something here? Simply trying to apply logic but it doesn't add up.

And indeed I did not receive my EUR withdrawal from mtgox ordered many weeks ago via 'international transfer'.
But haven't Gox always been really slow with withdrawals? I've heard of cases where money has taken over a month to arrive.

Is it a bull? Is it a bear? No, it's just another sheep.
granolageek

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 12:08:54 PM

But haven't Gox always been really slow with withdrawals? I've heard of cases where money has taken over a month to arrive.

QED. People are reluctant to send their coin to Gox to trade for Fiat because it is extremely difficult to actually take possession of the Fiat. A continuously rising percentage of small trades appears to be leaving Gox for other exchanges. The whales are still there because no place else can really accommodate them. Yet.
phoenix1

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:13:11 PM

Over the last 24 hours to me it looks like we are seeing co-ordinated buying in Gox and dumping on BitStamp at   > 10% slippage, not to mention using market sell orders on Bitstamp thereby increasing the slippage. It's happening again as I speak. Either someone is suddenly getting more nervous about their fiat on Gox or perhaps they know something.
Watch with interest ...

The other interesting thing to note is that this fiat on Gox could buy and hold and move the coins of exchange if they were confident in medium term price outlook.
That they are not is a worrying sign in iself IMO. A sign of the impending demise of Gox and the impact it will have on confidence and price.

Just my opinion ... I have no facts to back it up, just watching the unusual price action and speculating as to motive.

Interestingly, the last buy order on BitStamp was a market buy ... probably from an arbitrageur who had sold on Gox. I bet if he had stuck a bid in and waited, it would've got hit ...

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:28:38 PM

Update:

Ok, I will.

myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:49:20 PM

mtgox 97
bitstamp 87
btce 86
campbx 90

lol

phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:50:26 PM

I've been tossing and turning all night thinking about this.  Let me do some math out loud here.

I can deposit $10,000 to my Dwolla account and then deposit that to my CampBX account = $9999.75
Using current numbers I can buy $9999.75 worth of Bitcoin $89.53 = 111.69 BTC - 0.55% fee = 111.08 BTC
Transfer to MtGox = 111.07 BTC
Sell on MtGox for $95.99 = $10,661.61  which is a $661.61 profit
Then I can wire transfer out for a $25 fee, right?  Leaving me with $10.636.61 for over $600 profit?  I'm unaware of any other way to get USD out of Gox into my bank account.  Gone are the days of Dwolla transfers for 25 cents.  However, when you deal with $10k a $25 transfer fee ain't shit, right?

Why isn't arbitrage killing this huge spread?  I don't get it.  I am HORRIBLE at math, literally horrible, but is this not a sure fire way to make money?  You could even rinse and repeat, right!?
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:54:53 PM

RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:58:29 PM

I've been tossing and turning all night thinking about this.  Let me do some math out loud here.

I can deposit $10,000 to my Dwolla account and then deposit that to my CampBX account = $9999.75
Using current numbers I can buy $9999.75 worth of Bitcoin $89.53 = 111.69 BTC - 0.55% fee = 111.08 BTC
Then I can wire transfer out for a $25 fee, right?  Leaving me with $10.636.61 for over $600 profit?  I'm unaware of any other way to get USD out of Gox into my bank account.  Gone are the days of Dwolla transfers for 25 cents.  However, when you deal with $10k a $25 transfer fee ain't shit, right?

Why isn't arbitrage killing this huge spread?  I don't get it.  I am HORRIBLE at math, literally horrible, but is this not a sure fire way to make money?  You could even rinse and repeat, right!?

Because your usd wire transfer from mtgox may cost only $25, but it's not arriving! (from what I hear here, and the huge widening spread confirms that)

Ofcourse if it is arriving, rinse and repeat!
phoenix1

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:59:40 PM

Good luck getting your $ withdrawal processed by Gox  Cheesy
How long are you prepared to wait for your *possible* rinse and repeat ?

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 03:02:59 PM

Because your usd withdrawal from mtgox may cost only $25, but it's not arriving! (from what I hear here)

that can be a problem

phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 03:03:24 PM

I thought the wire transfers were flowing again.  People were posting proof of transactions into their bank accounts.  To answer your question I would be willing to wait a month for a 6% profit to get bank into my bank account.  What if I could rinse and repeat 12 times a year?  Would that be a 72% profit for the year?  What other old-ass traditional stock, commodity, ETF, bond, forex trading, etc can net you that??
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: