Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:14:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Automated Trading Contest (Prize 0.5 BTC) / Best automated strategies  (Read 50172 times)
Sephera

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 09:06:14 AM

Bump.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FireBTC

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:47:05 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 10:28:20 AM by malevolent

This is a great contest. I don't know how to make something automated, but I can read into BTC trends pretty well. I have been doing it for a little over 2 years now. I just use this site: [malware url removed] to find the trends.
blo8i

Activity: 960
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:13:34 AM

this is looking great, i just wish i was good at finding trends. looking forward to see how good the winner script doo.
and if it becomes public, i will not hesitate donating if it helps the community earn some ekstra cash.

GLHF to all who is doing this
LoneMiner

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:21:38 PM

Looks like you need to pay for backtesting now. Fair enough if it was getting smashed and affecting paying customers, but harder to show off its potential to new people now.
bit-fxtrader

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:02:53 AM

anyone trading the automated strategies on cryptotrader with real cash? Is it stable and working as intended?
Coldstuff

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:34:41 AM

Sephra,

If you really need help setting up a BTC bot PM me and I will walk you through how to do it.  You don't have to give me a percentage of your earnings, but if you make a lot you can send me something. 

Remember this is HIGH RISK, you are trading with a mixture of unpredictable individuals as well as professional traders who will cut you to ribbons if you give them the chance.   Also,  some of these strategies that produced millions would have realistically pushed the market around toward the end making huge trades that could have pushed the market $20 of $50 each way.  Depending on the conditions that could have made the real results better or worse.  And one final note of caution: past performance doesn't predict the future although that is all we really have.  The last week of this month could get dicey as I have already seen some panic selling and such related to peoples worries over what is happening in China and elsewhere.  If you doubt the confusion just read the troll boxes on the exchanges. 

That said it is pretty easy to set up:
1) Open an account at one of the major exchanges, I prefer BTC-e but Bitstamp is also good.  Prices on Mt. Gox look attractive and it is more stable but stability is your enemy on a lot of these trading algorithms. 
2) I also have a wallet at Coinbase but other wallets are good too.  This will facilitate you moving money in and out of the brokerage.  I also mine various crypto currencies and have them deposited directly to BTC-e as Coinbase doesn't handle them but that is digressing.
3) Fund your brokerage account.  The easiest, fastest and safest way is to obtain bitcoins and then send them to them.  Wire transfers to these exchanges seem to have a lot of problems.  Beware, if you verify enough information you can get "some" (like $100) worth instantly but if you want any significant amount you are going to have to wait a few days.  You are going to pay a bit of a premium for them plus a small fee, and in the meantime you are stuck where you can't sell them if they go down.  I don't like this but haven't found a better way other than mining.  Maybe someone else can enlighten us.  Ebay and other places you can buy them seem to want too much of a premium for me.
4) Every bot needs a Key and a Secret.  On BTC-e you go to finances and click "Generate Key".
5) Decide what bot you want to use.   I have tried several and for the most part they are very primitive trading algorithms.  Most of them don't tell you how they trade or give you enough control.  The worst part is other people already have figured out how these will trade (assuming the people who wrote them haven't beat them to it) and they can use this information to leave you holding the bag.  I just recently found cryptotrader.org from this forum and have been pretty happy with it.  The willingness of people to share their algorithms is great and the fact you can see the actual code you are running and make your own tweaks make it the best I have found.  Do NOT buy a bot that will not let you change parameters and time frames and backtest it with historical data before you put it live.
5) Once you have settled on a trading algorithm (cryptotrader has many you can choose from and even modify yourself) and backtested it to your satisfaction you just tell it to start trading it. If you haven't already it will ask for your exchange and your key and secret.  Click Save and hold on!

I would really suggest you start with a small amount (that you can afford to lose) and see how it goes.  You really do need at least a few hundred dollars to give most of these algorithms room to work though.
pulsecat (OP)

Activity: 220

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 03:58:46 PM

Looks like you need to pay for backtesting now. Fair enough if it was getting smashed and affecting paying customers, but harder to show off its potential to new people now.

Free backtesting is available again. Though some limits apply to it.

CryptoTrader.org - Cloud-based Automated Trading on Bitstamp/BTC-E/CEX.IO/Bitfinex/Kraken | Discussion topic at Bitcointalk.org | Automated Trading Contest (Prize 2 BTC)
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:02:57 PM

Free backtesting is available again. Though some limits apply to it.

Great! May we know the details about the limits?
erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:04:52 AM

How well do these bots handle the current downturn? I have been trying to run the Mediji bot, and so far it has been dropping my profits like crazy in the past few weeks.
dddbtc

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:12:13 PM

This is a great contest. I don't know how to make something automated, but I can read into BTC trends pretty well. I have been doing it for a little over 2 years now. I just use this site: btctradingsignals.netau.net to find the trends.

I don't trust your blank webpage that instantly attempts to open a Java applet on my computer. Stay away from that link.
pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 04:54:38 PM

How well do these bots handle the current downturn? I have been trying to run the Mediji bot, and so far it has been dropping my profits like crazy in the past few weeks.

Some algorithms are still profitable even when the market is moving down. For example check out Adaptive EMA results https://cryptotrader.org/backtests/akdD5nWNFMKS3pNS5

CryptoTrader.org - Cloud-based Automated Trading on Bitstamp/BTC-E/CEX.IO/Bitfinex/Kraken | Discussion topic at Bitcointalk.org | Automated Trading Contest (Prize 2 BTC)
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:21:22 PM

Some algorithms are still profitable even when the market is moving down. For example check out Adaptive EMA results https://cryptotrader.org/backtests/akdD5nWNFMKS3pNS5

I know the best way to prove some algos are still profitable: quick 2-weeks (or 4-weeks?) contest with a nice prize pool  Roll Eyes

There's no proof like seeing it with your own eyes, and nothing is better to spark ideas than some healthy competition. What do other previous or future contestants think about this?
medji

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:16:56 AM

How come that cryptotrader managed to fetch tick data even when btc-e was under maintenance?
Here in bitcoin charts: 2014-02-28 07:00:00, please enlighten me if I'm missing something...
pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 04:43:10 PM

How come that cryptotrader managed to fetch tick data even when btc-e was under maintenance?
Here in bitcoin charts: 2014-02-28 07:00:00, please enlighten me if I'm missing something...

Even if API is down, Cryptotrader's backend flushes collected tick data to ensure it won't be lost.

needtowin

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:22:41 PM

Hi guys how to implement the source code to meta4 thanks for your time
5thStreetResearch

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 12:36:36 AM

it's time to get out of the old MetaTrader paradigm, step-up to new cloud based trading platform designed for Bitcoin Wink

I have the perfect automated trading system.  Write a script that just keeps shorting bitcoin until its back at $100

pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 08:20:41 PM

it's time to get out of the old MetaTrader paradigm, step-up to new cloud based trading platform designed for Bitcoin Wink

I have the perfect automated trading system.  Write a script that just keeps shorting bitcoin until its back at $100

This is certainly a great strategy if you want to miss all your trading opportunities.

gogle

Activity: 104
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:22:53 AM

Anyway, half arsed attempt at following a really short ema slope's rate of change, and direction change.
Thought process was the rate of increase / decrease would have to slow down before it switches direction.  Watch for the slow-down in the rise or fall and buy/sell when the direction change happens.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:48:29 PM

What are the best automated traders ATM?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:49:09 PM

What are the best automated traders ATM?

That would be interesting to find out, but since there is no contest you are left to judge by each bot-programmer bragging about his bot past performances  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: