Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:29:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Hard Cap and Soft Cap"  (Read 472378 times)
Nellayar (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:39:39 AM

What is the difference of hard cap to soft cap? Did we base on this if we are going to invest in altcoins? Share your comments.

Soft cap means the minimum goal to reach in ICO project,if they not attain their soft cap then the project will be called off and the investment amount will be returned back the their investors.Hard cap is that maximum level of that project if a project reached the hardcap that means end of the ICO sale and the tokens will be distributed for the investors as soon as possible.
Yeah you have to check the status of hardcap while investing on the project.If the softcap looks to hard to reach then it is waste of tie to invest on that ICO.
It's been a long day without seeing my topic. I gathered a lot of information to my question because that time, I did not understand very well about soft and hardcap. But I misses out that I've already made this thread in order for me to enlighten.
I knew already and thanks to all of you because I understood the meaning of softcap and hardcap in crypto.

nuggetbram

Activity: 326
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:00:14 PM

One first needs to understand both the caps properly and decide according to one's needs and requirements.

For future reference
https://www.coinstaker.com/difference-ico-hard-cap-soft-cap/
https://www.coinist.io/crypto-hard-caps-soft-caps/
https://www.hashgains.com/blog/major-difference-ico-soft-cap-hard-cap/
paramex

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:06:35 PM

from my point of view, soft hats are money that needs to be collected for the project to go further. hence, the hard hat is the maximum money. some companies finish the project before the deadline. and When the soft cap is achieved in ICO project then this project is half successful. The team will now move to the hard cap which when achieved means that the project is fully successful and everyone will be happy.

tahmad

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:32:02 PM

Softcap is minimum funds goal of ICO, and the team only need this softcap reached to continue their project.
Hardcap is the maximum funds goal of ICO, why maximum? because the token was calculated before ICO started, the team can't increase their total token to sale to public, it because they will get decreased trust from the investor. Investor will think that the team is only targeting the money not the ecosystem.
And if hardcap was reached, it means the project is look promising by a lot of investor. It also help us to know the ICO is good or not.
pekingcoepo

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:03:28 PM

Softcap is minimum funds goal of ICO, and the team only need this softcap reached to continue their project.
Hardcap is the maximum funds goal of ICO, why maximum? because the token was calculated before ICO started, the team can't increase their total token to sale to public, it because they will get decreased trust from the investor. Investor will think that the team is only targeting the money not the ecosystem.
And if hardcap was reached, it means the project is look promising by a lot of investor. It also help us to know the ICO is good or not.

But not all projects that acquire Hardcap on ICO sales are good projects because many projects use them for their own purposes, for example, now many projects are announcing ICO sales but are very lonely investors because market conditions are so impossible to invest, so many ICO projects which is hampered in Token sales.

My opinion softcap and hardcap is the same goal to develop project, want this project only softcap but because Dev really want to float their project then project will keep running and lack of fund can enter after canken already registered in market. because there will be new investors to buy tokens.
athiftammam2018

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:13:53 PM

The notion of hard cap and soft cap is actually very simple. Soft cap is a minimum target determined by an ICO itself to make a test benchmark whether the tokens they offer are as expected or not. If the hard cap is the main target set by ICO to indicate that the token they offer will be sold according to what the ICO wants. The bigger the hard stamp the better, especially if the big hard cap target is reached. It means to indicate the possibility that the token or coin has a good potential.

( M P C X )  Revolution Starts Here!  ( M P C X )
Digital Crypto Wealth Management Platform
zlt220

Activity: 189

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:18:56 PM

Softcap is the minimum fund eligible to complete a particular project, while the Hardcap is the maximum amount to be raised during the course of the project.
We should take into consideration both the softcap and hardcap before investing in any ICO.
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:19:03 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2018, 03:51:47 PM by deevan

If the ICO is capped then the hardcap is the maximum limit of funds the project team will take from investors, because those funds are high enough for the team to give a good kick-start to their project. Once they reach their hardcap goal no more funds are acknowledged additional funds are returned back to investors if the ICO is not going to scam. Whereas softcap is also a minimum fundraising goal required for the project team, that necessities to execute their project easily, in the event if they aren't able to reach their softcap goal the project is terminated & funds are returned back to investors. Some ICOs are uncapped, means the project team will collect unlimited funds as they can from investors until the end of a token sale.
Painbird

Activity: 552
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:54:45 PM

Sofcap is a level that made by bounty developer as project achievement rule. And it is the minimum level.on the other hand hard cap is the maximum level of project achieving in ICO stage.Please move you your scroll to boumty section you will have more experience on it.

Mythul

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:57:20 PM

soft cap is the minimum needed for the project to proceed if not hit the project failed ,  a hard cap is the amount that they will accept no more than.
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1274
Merit: 356

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:32:41 PM

What is the difference of hard cap to soft cap? Did we base on this if we are going to invest in altcoins? Share your comments.
A soft cap defines the minimum amount that needed in a project to start and the other hand, hard cap defines the maximum amount that they received in the crowdsale. You need to know it if you going to invest altcoins because this is the process that they need to receive to reach it.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Leona Lewis

Activity: 181
Merit: 5

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 09:05:59 PM

Softcap means minimum costs needed for project implementation.
Hardcap is just an indicator of project severeness - if softcap is $2M and hardcap is $100M, that probably means that extra funds will not go appropriate project development needs - they can go for expensive cars, yachts, houses for founders or something else unneeded.

▂▂▂▂▂  E Q U I  ▂▂▂▂▂
Transforming Venture Capital
brusnika

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:20:49 PM

In these hard days for cryptoeconomics is really hard for projects to collect hardcap! even softcap is not easy to rise. I think it happens because there are too many ICOs around and bearish trend eats money. Another problem now - most of coins/tokens lose 30-50% percent of their value after listing on the exchange. This pushes investors working at short distances.

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __   
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale  Sep up to 25% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
blue08

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:31:06 PM

The hard cap means  the maximum capital needed and projects will mostly stop accepting additional funding after the hard cap. If an ICO reaches its hard cap early in the ICO phase then the phase will end early.  The soft cap is the  minimal amount of funds needed and aimed at by the project to proceed as planned.  If it isn’t reached then most of the projects will not continue and return all the raised capital to the investors.

VANIG.io
The World's first integrated E-Commerce and Supply Chain Ecosystem powered by Blockchain
https://vanig.io
dongle

Activity: 238

Borderless for the People, Frictionless for the Ba

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:33:27 PM

Hard cap and soft cap are not important. What matters is how many shares you will own. Is not a reliable person to do.

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:36:20 PM

Softcap is like testing the sales with minimum offer!  Hardcap on the other hand is the real campaign.  Hard cap has taken in to consideration the total estimate for the development of the project and it's sustainability.

00DKM@

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:04:43 PM

Any company that builds an ICO project under a clear roadmap to call for capital from the community. This roadmap needs to be mobilized to continue the idea and realize that project in reality. Softcap is the minimum amount to continue the project and maintain the roadmap for a period of time including partner search ... Hardcap is the maximum amount to carry out the project, testing and putting into practice. With complete work processes including marketing strategy, marketing, infrastructure construction set in time prediction.
Relildar

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:09:35 PM

Soft cap is the minimum amount of investment required to finance the project. Hard cap is the maximum amount that management can effectively use.
white.raiden

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:10:21 PM

Softcap and hardcap are the measurement of the ICOs success for me. If the softcap is reach then there is a possibility that the project will success! Specially if the hardcap is reach during the campaign period. Some of ICOs are bullish and the possibility of getting the hardcap takes a few time!
fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:41:09 PM

i think hardcap means the maximum limit amount of funds that collected in ICO,
and softcap is the minimum goal amount of funds that collected to be a successful ICO.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: