Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:13:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Hard Cap and Soft Cap"  (Read 472378 times)
flowdon

Activity: 340
Merit: 11

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:00:39 PM

softcap is the first target of an ICO's total capital to start implementing the said project. if an ICO reach there softcap it mean that they are successful and the project will start after ICO. there are just so little projects that can reach there hardcap in the certain ICO program, because hardcap is the maximum total capital of there project to fully implement there project in the road map. so it means that its really hard to reach it in the certain time of an ICO.

Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:26:43 AM

What is the difference of hard cap to soft cap? Did we base on this if we are going to invest in altcoins? Share your comments.

It matters but not to the extent that it would determine your final decision whether to invest or not in a certain ICO. The soft cap means the minimum amount that is needed for them to kick start the development of their project. The hard cap means the maximum amount they need in order for their project to fully accomplish everything in their plans. If a project has a low soft cap, it means it will easily reach it, and the project will run easily as compared to those that have huge soft caps.
weakhandsgaming

Activity: 80
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:47:59 PM

What is the difference of hard cap to soft cap? Did we base on this if we are going to invest in altcoins? Share your comments.

Defintely you should always check the hardcap of a project. This just means that the higher the capital the lesser is the potential profit. The lower the better.
2Pac

Activity: 749
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:49:32 PM

Some projects make soft cap too high and soft cap and hard cap difference is very close. I don't like those ICO projects. Softcap should be the minimum amount of money that project can be made. If you need only 1m USD for a project don't set your softcap as 5m USD.
vanthanh1320
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:52:24 AM

A soft cap is the minimum needed for the project to proceed and a hard cap is the amount that they will accept no more than. For instance a soft cap could be 10 million and a hard cap 30 million meaning if the project does not attain 10 million it will not proceed and also if it reaches 30 million no more can be contributed.

The answer is very full, thank you
Good Bo

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:19:10 AM

softcap and hardcap are terms often used in the ico program, softcap means minimal fundraising for the project to run, whereas hardcap is the maximum fundraiser in the ico program, so if the fundraiser does not reach softcap, then the program will be canceled, and all the collected funds will be returned 100% to investors
All the money raised will be refunded if the program is good but if the team is cheat then they prefer to hold their money without refunded to the customers. So research about the team before investing is very important so i would prefer to put this as top important one.
skiorf

Activity: 812
Merit: 310

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:53:30 AM

Yes, softcap and hardcap in an ICO project is important to know and note. Softcap is the minimal token that must be sold to allow a Project to run their project or their token or coin. When it doesn't meet softcap, the project commonly will refund the investor money or extend the project ICO time. Hardcap is the maximum token or coins that are available to sell.
mann77

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:00:53 AM

I was unknown about this, thanks for the explanation.
saobang1938

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:54:36 PM

I would not focus on companies that want to build a very small softcap. For example, the company GYM which starts with a minimum collection of 10 ETH, and the maximum to infinity.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:26:20 AM

Many ICOs now have their "caps" too high. I think that most of them could develop product with less money.
This is why many ICOs are scam because they collect a lot of easy and quick money and that's enough for them.

nirmalakk

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:54:55 AM

These are fundraising goals. Soft cap is the lower limit, the minimal amount required for the project to be considered. If the project does not reach its soft cap, the team will return the funds. On the other hand, hard cap is the maximum amount a crowdsale will receive!!
ashaksagnis

Activity: 630
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 03:48:38 PM

Many ICOs now have their "caps" too high. I think that most of them could develop product with less money.
This is why many ICOs are scam because they collect a lot of easy and quick money and that's enough for them.

i agree . so many icos with too high hardcaps. . And really good projects who reached hardcap was able to put higher hardcap.
But there are a lot of good and successful projects that only collected sofcap.

juragankambing

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:16:08 PM

softcap in my opinion is a safe point of sales revenue while hardcap is the highest sales limit where all tokens are sold out,
I think this is very important because many projects that fail due to not reaching softcap
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:15:44 PM

soft cap is designed to run a working product, with minimal requirements, hard cap allows you to add new features to the project, new features for development
kolsernik

Activity: 722
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:17:56 PM

Not very happy when the project in which you believe gathered only soft cap.Alas, this often happens and do not need to focus on this.Regardless of the amount collected if you are a member of the bounty Your reward will reach you only to a lesser extent.If bounty pool is limited then you do not need to worry.
oFFisovm

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:03:27 PM

Well, in general, projects set different goals for different amounts, though I do not really understand why limit the maximum amount, this is just like crowdfunding.

Bostonias

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:05:16 PM

Well, in general, projects set different goals for different amounts, though I do not really understand why limit the maximum amount, this is just like crowdfunding.
A lot of the ICO's that is live now is kind of worthless. They need to stop doing ICO's and just launch their project...there's nothing we can really do about that though.
tiga huruf

Activity: 68

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:17:01 PM

The soft cap is the target of the sales amount. when the soft cap has been achieved then dev raises the next bigger sales target of the soft cap that is called hard cap. when the hard cap is achieved then the token supply amount will be more and the reward for bounty participants and investors more and more.
Hamphser

Activity: 2492
Merit: 327

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:24:44 PM

The two are the measurement in the token salle of an ICO.
But, the two have very different meaning. Softcap means that minimal achievement of the token that must be sold. If it doesn't meet the softcap, the ICO program may be canceled or extended. Hardcap is the maximum token supply from an ICO.

You are right and soft cap and hard cap are actually the limits that  ICO is going to operate. Soft cap is the absolute minimum they think they need for start the project and the hard cap is the maximum money they want to menage.
Simple and direct to the point explaination between two things which is actually right. Going back in the past where soft cap and hard cap arent too big for most project do launch where its easy to attain or reach the cap in no time but now they are involved or having 100's of millions of hardcap which i dont even know on where they do base that cap. There are some project do able to accumulate more than on that amount example is telegram ICO.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 10:24:55 PM

when the term soft cap is mentioned i see it from the perspective of an amount that can be considered to embark on a project but the project may not be on its full design as the total money needed is not the soft cap but the hardcap can cover everything needed for the project

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: